Page 106 of 109 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 3260

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

  1. #3151
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    "Sweet Dreams =are made of this .>>" (1983 7" picture disc) by Eurythmics
    What a great B-side...


  2. #3152
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,079
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)


    prick - s/t
    2017 (first) pressing on red/black marbled vinyl
    my wife and i listened to this last night while making dinner and reveled in how 90s it is, but still so good.

  3. #3153
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,224
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Finally had a chance to see PIG last night and managed to bump into Raymond after the show. He was really friendly and was happy for me that I had finally caught his band live. He signed my copy of WRECKED and even drew a little pig with a pitchfork on the cover.




  4. #3154
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tynemouth, England
    Posts
    1,621
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    So which of those three dudes is you?

  5. #3155
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,079
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    So which of those three dudes is you?
    he's the one on the right

  6. #3156
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    A warm place
    Posts
    2,099
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post


    prick - s/t
    2017 (first) pressing on red/black marbled vinyl
    my wife and i listened to this last night while making dinner and reveled in how 90s it is, but still so good.
    Was talking about this in the Random NIN thread a few weeks ago, I believe.

    I loved this record when I discovered it shortly after it was released, and it still holds up for me today. That lilting piano melody in Makebelieve is ungodly great. Animal, Riverhead and Crack are also terrific cuts.

    I'm pretty sure that's TR singing background vocals on Other People, too..

  7. #3157
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Live Necronomicon" showed up today. I'll get into listening to it tonight.

    **tonight's report**

    Yeah, I like it. Definitely more raw than "In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up (Live)" and in that sense a different experience. There were a few fadeouts between tracks that seemed odd to me. Like we're missing something still...
    Last edited by MrLobster; 07-19-2017 at 12:35 AM.

  8. #3158
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Smithtown, New York
    Posts
    1,385
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    "Live Necronomicon" showed up today. I'll get into listening to it tonight.
    Oh man, I hope mine showed up today too. I just emailed them earlier asking for a status update.

  9. #3159
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    really loving the new Floating Points album



    Reflections (Mojave Desert)

  10. #3160
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,555
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Sisters of Mercy fans rejoice; looks like they're capping off the album box sets with Some Girls Wander By Mistake, which will include the 1992 Temple Of Love and Under The Gun singles.

  11. #3161
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    In your underpants.
    Posts
    641
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    "Live Necronomicon" showed up today. I'll get into listening to it tonight.

    **tonight's report**

    Yeah, I like it. Definitely more raw than "In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up (Live)" and in that sense a different experience. There were a few fadeouts between tracks that seemed odd to me. Like we're missing something still...
    That would be the banter that Al speaks in between some songs, the dadist spoken word from, Jello Biafra, and the Revolting Cocks song Stainless Steel Providers (which can be found on another release in pretty high quality somewhere, can't remember which one right now).

    I didn't receive a tracking number for my order but my copy should be getting here soon, I hope.
    If you order it through Bandcamp you get to download a copy in different formats ahead of release which is quite nice and is holding me over till i get it in my hands.

  12. #3162
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,079
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    some more of the jazz records i acquired from a friend, played last night



    duke ellington - new orleans suite



    the stan getz years on roost records, 2xLP

  13. #3163
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,079
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)


    aaron turner & daniel menche - nox
    clear vinyl
    absolutely gorgeous



    daniel menche / william fowler collins - raised coils of the giant serpent of eternity / i heard only the eternal storm
    split LP on black vinyl

    got these little metal clip things at ikea and am using them to display the record i'm currently playing. trying to get the hang of taking pictures there, though, because i have to lean over my turntable. also got another 2x4 kallax (and all 8 door inserts) at ikea yesterday because my other SIXTEEN compartments are full.

  14. #3164
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,438
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe surely you have a record shop by you or something? You get so many records regularly it makes me mad I'm stuck always ordering online D:

  15. #3165
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,079
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    @eversonpoe surely you have a record shop by you or something? You get so many records regularly it makes me mad I'm stuck always ordering online D:
    while i do have a record store in my neighborhood, i only go there occasionally (because i usually walk out having spent around $100). almost all the records i get are online. i recently got a grab bag of 4 sige records titles on vinyl + a CD for only $23 including shipping. and of course that went up for sale two days after i had already ordered the aaron turner & daniel menche record haha.

    i literally don't spend money on anything but records. i barely ever buy clothes, we don't go out for drinks, we only occasionally go out for dinner. my tattoos are funded by my cat-sitting money, which i consider entirely separate. so all of my disposable income from my main job goes to records. it would probably be nice if i didn't buy quite as many so i could be saving a bit more money, but this is my one addiction. at least it's an investment, eh?

  16. #3166
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,438
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    while i do have a record store in my neighborhood, i only go there occasionally (because i usually walk out having spent around $100). almost all the records i get are online. i recently got a grab bag of 4 sige records titles on vinyl + a CD for only $23 including shipping. and of course that went up for sale two days after i had already ordered the aaron turner & daniel menche record haha.

    i literally don't spend money on anything but records. i barely ever buy clothes, we don't go out for drinks, we only occasionally go out for dinner. my tattoos are funded by my cat-sitting money, which i consider entirely separate. so all of my disposable income from my main job goes to records. it would probably be nice if i didn't buy quite as many so i could be saving a bit more money, but this is my one addiction. at least it's an investment, eh?
    Most of my disposable incomes goes to movies/tv series blu-rays, video games or records/CDs. So I'm with you on that.

    I got my Twin Peaks OST 2015 reissue vinyl in the mail. I'll take a photo and upload in my next photo dump.

    I just bought this beautiful thing



    Limited edition of 111 copies.
    Comes in heavy cardboard gatefold cover sleeve (with die-cut CD insert), with black inner sleeve featuring gold-foil printings and one-sided cardboard insert and hand-numbered with gold ink embossed Unholy Trinity logo.
    CD comes in black sleeve with hand-stamped Behemoth logo.
    Also in spirits after my show on Thursday, I said fuck it and just went ahead buying more for my record collection. Recently bought 4 more Behemoth additions besides above. 2015 RSD Gold press of Pandemonic Incantations, 2009 clear press of The Apostasy (with the Ezkaton EP), the exclusive Xiadz EP and the standard press for The Satanist. Cannot wait for these. I've wanted them for ages but held off and after seeing the band for the first time I said why not now?
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 07-24-2017 at 07:06 PM.

  17. #3167
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,438
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    My last post ties into my most recent purchase, which is by far the most expensive vinyl press I've put money down on. OOP and totally scarce. I'll post about it and shed light when I receive it.

  18. #3168
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)




    A Scanner Darkly!
    Last edited by hologram parade; 07-29-2017 at 11:09 PM.

  19. #3169
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    In your underpants.
    Posts
    641
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I just bought this through Bandcamp which comes with digital downloads in all kinds of formats, the vinyl should be arriving by Tuesday or Wednesday.
    The sound quality is phenomenal!

  20. #3170
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am going to ask what is probably a very stupid question. Feel free to delete if needed. I'm new to Vinyl. Twice now I've picked up Hesitation marks (one was a gift a few years ago, and only now do I have a turntable) and both are damaged right out of the wrapping. Cracking on the label near the pin hole (sorry very little knowledge on terminology), and on both b sides there is like a phantom ring that is off. Almost looks like they slipped when they were being printed/cut/whatever it is they do to make vinyls. Was/is this a common problem? And how good are the odds that I'm going to find one that isn't damaged? Also, is this a common issue with the bicycle version of PHM? Another one I just picked up and skips 30 seconds in.

  21. #3171
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,087
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if there's a way to safely un-fuck a warped record? I got a shipment from VNYL today - I wanted to try out the service to see if it was bad or not, which I realize now is my mistake - and all three were warped to varying degrees. Looks like it came from the box itself, not from heat - the box has physical damage and the padding is nonexistent. Really disappointed and I'm definitely not doing this again, but I want to at least try and salvage the two albums that I liked out of the three.

    This is what the two 12'' ones look like. The top one in particular is really bad and I'm not going to even attempt to play it in that condition. Looks like someone bent it by hand. Learned my lesson about trusting a subscription service with something like vinyl. Never again.

  22. #3172
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,224
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Does anyone know if there's a way to safely un-fuck a warped record? I got a shipment from VNYL today - I wanted to try out the service to see if it was bad or not, which I realize now is my mistake - and all three were warped to varying degrees. Looks like it came from the box itself, not from heat - the box has physical damage and the padding is nonexistent. Really disappointed and I'm definitely not doing this again, but I want to at least try and salvage the two albums that I liked out of the three.

    This is what the two 12'' ones look like. The top one in particular is really bad and I'm not going to even attempt to play it in that condition. Looks like someone bent it by hand. Learned my lesson about trusting a subscription service with something like vinyl. Never again.
    I used to warm up the record in the oven and then place two pieces of glass, one on each side, on the record until it cooled.

    http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Warped-Vinyl-Record

  23. #3173
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidEngineer View Post
    Was/is this a common problem? And how good are the odds that I'm going to find one that isn't damaged? Also, is this a common issue with the bicycle version of PHM? Another one I just picked up and skips 30 seconds in.
    Didn't have a problem with my Hesitation Marks, so not quite sure about the frequency of issues are... but the PHM I may have some insight on. The Bicycle one does seem to have issues (and seemingly a lot more so with the boxed set version.... ). See if you can find the UMe one with this catalogue number: B0015099-01, I don't have any issues with it.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 07-29-2017 at 04:35 PM.

  24. #3174
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Didn't have a problem with my Hesitation Marks, so not quite sure about the frequency of issues are... but the PHM I may have some insight on. The Bicycle one does seem to have issues (and seemingly a lot more so with the boxed set version.... ). See if you can find the UMe one with this catalogue number: B0015099-01, I don't have any issues with it.
    Thanks. I'll keep this in mind when I return these 2. Hopefully round 2 with this record store yields positive results. On an amusing note Hesitation marks came with 2 b side records. Naturally both damaged.

  25. #3175
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,438
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

  26. #3176
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    the majority of the stuff i have picked up in '17 - its been a great year!




  27. #3177
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Here's a question. Has anyone here had experience moving a vinyl collection overseas? Mine's not huge, but it's been sitting in a wooden crate at my mom's place in the States for seven years now. I moved to Australia, and left a bunch of my stuff in storage at her place. Really itching to finally get it over here, but not quite sure what route to go.

  28. #3178
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,079
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)


    dead cross - s/t
    black/red swirl vinyl & glow in the dark artwork
    now playing. wish the vocals weren't quite so IN YOUR FACE in the mix, because they stick out from the music rather than sitting nicely on top of it. still pretty fucking awesome, though.

  29. #3179
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,438
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe As I said on instagram, gonna have to listen to that and buy it perhaps!


    Today's order received. However the seller packaged it poorly and USPS ended up bending the bottom left corner of the gatefold. I'm not a hysterically avid collector nor do I plan to sell it, however I am disappointed it arrived damaged due to seller error considering the listing for it showed it was Near Mint from HIS photos. Oh well. I got the DVD version with this purchase so it was still a great deal.

    Behemoth - Evangelia Heretika (Clear Vinyl)





  30. #3180
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,224
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Who wants an original sealed pressing of White Zombie's SOUL CRUSHER?

    https://waxworkrecords.com/blogs/new...e-soul-crusher

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions