Page 119 of 195 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,570 of 5833

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I’m sure there’s an appropriate NIN place for this question but this is my favorite thread on the whole site and I’m sure I can get the answer here too: please tell me the difference in sound quality/pressing quality of the following:

The Downward Spiral Back to Black version v. New definitive version
    The Fragile original press v. New definitive version

Again, just quality of sound and pressing not all the cool extras as a point of consideration. I have older versions but in all the NIN hype today I’ve considered getting these newer versions but if it’s not a huge difference, I’ll probably continue to pass on them. Thanks!
    the back to black version of TDS is far inferior to the definitive edition for multiple reasons, but one of the main ones is side separation. the DE fixed the overlap/cutoff issues between sides. not to mention vastly improved sound quality AND artwork quality.

both versions of the fragile are great, honestly. but the DE really does bring some extra depth and clarity to things that's not as noticeable on the original pressing. plus, with the low price point, it's worth getting. my only complaint is that the packaging is not as substantial as the original pressing, but that's a minor gripe.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Soul Jazz Records Presents: Deutsche Elektronische Musik Volume Three and finally a non-defective replacement copy of that Johnny Cash 9-LP set came in yesterday.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the back to black version of TDS is far inferior to the definitive edition for multiple reasons, but one of the main ones is side separation. the DE fixed the overlap/cutoff issues between sides.
    I bought the BiB edition before the DE's were announced and that track separation never sounded right... they did the same thing for "The Orb's Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld" and it sucks even more... thankfully the original release is quite affordable.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The brand new Courtney Barnett record (plus a cassette version, a shirt, some stickers, postcards and the usual Milk! thank you note), officially out on the 18th, but pre-orders are being sent out early.

With this arriving a day after the NIN announcement and a day before my birthday - at this moment I'm feeling pretty alright.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I bought the BiB edition before the DE's were announced and that track separation never sounded right... they did the same thing for "The Orb's Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld" and it sucks even more... thankfully the original release is quite affordable.
    the worst part is that the original promo pressing of TDS (i used to have a copy, this is why i sold it) had the same issue, because it was just the CD masters converted to vinyl without trent's supervision, so track segues weren't addressed. it was sloppy and so easily avoidable. that's why the DE is the best bet for TDS on vinyl.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    the worst part is that the original promo pressing of TDS (i used to have a copy, this is why i sold it) had the same issue, because it was just the CD masters converted to vinyl without trent's supervision, so track segues weren't addressed. it was sloppy and so easily avoidable. that's why the DE is the best bet for TDS on vinyl.
    Thanks for the info, both of you! More records to add to the list...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Singapore A-Go-Go (various)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I got a ton of shit recently but have been lazy taking photos. I will though...

Anyone got $550.00 to spare for me?

https://www.funimation.com/bebop20th/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I got a ton of shit recently but have been lazy taking photos. I will though...

https://www.funimation.com/bebop20th/
    I would LOVE to have the Seatbelts on vinyl...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Ditto.

Although, I just want the vinyl. I bought the show via iTunes just recently and it looks and sounds fantastic already.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    A radio show/podcast (difference being that the podcast doesn't do ads... or full songs) dealing with "The Beginners Guide To Vinyl", thought I may as well drop this here.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Apologies for the shameless self-promotion...

If anyone is a fan of post-rock, my record label just launched pre-orders for the 10th anniversary edition of the debut EP by I Hear Sirens out of SLC.

https://www.whiskeyandwaxrecords.com...ion-p104993959

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @Reznor2112 how do i get my music out on your label <3

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Two recent additions (of many I will share periodically)

@Prettybrokenspiral I can confirm this sounds like your typical black metal quality trash. The disc sounds pretty good so the opinion (in my opinion) that it sounds bad is out the window.

Mayhem - Ordo Ad Chao (LE Greece Import Picture Disc, Hand numbered 593 of 1000)

Opeth - Sorceress (Grey Vinyl, LE to 300 copies worldwide)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    One of the local second hand stores is going out of business, so I went over there on a whim and pretty sure I scored in their $5 and under bin. Also, got my Snoop Doggy Dogg 'Doggystyle' from VMP too (not pictured).

Adam Ant - Friend or Foe
    Adam & The Ants - Prince Charming
    Nancy Sinatra - Boots
    Nancy Sinatra - How Does That Grab You?
    Rick James - Reflections
    Guns N Roses - Lies

https://78.media.tumblr.com/98e74c68...98zo1_1280.jpg

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

chrch - light will consume us all
    clear vinyl
    this is (somehow) even more amazing than their first album. it also feels really long (in the best way).

joy division - closer
    1981 Lyntone UK pressing
    glad i pulled this out of the vault to listen to today, because i realized i had mistakenly though i had the 1983 MVS pressing. turns out this one is more rare/expensive
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 05-16-2018 at 05:12 PM. Reason: added a record

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    @Reznor2112 how do i get my music out on your label <3
    Was planning on emailing you.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Was planning on emailing you.
    embershadow@gmail.com

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    "Television" 12" by The Beatnigs (early Michael Franti; a test pressing... it was cheaper than the commercial 12" with the shipping)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I started a new Instagram account dedicated to my vinyl collection. Check it out and follow if you’d like: https://www.instagram.com/vinylcollectorforever/

Anyone else have a similar account? Post it here so we can follow it!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Finally received the HM vinyl, so here's my waiting-for-DE's-and-BadWitch collection :

https://i.imgur.com/8Nw5eh9.jpg

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I started a new Instagram account dedicated to my vinyl collection. Check it out and follow if you’d like: https://www.instagram.com/vinylcollectorforever/

i mean, my account is about 60/40 on vinyl and other posts (the other posts being mostly cats haha) and is the same username as here

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I'll follow you. Here's mine

https://www.instagram.com/doomedvinyl

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Just ordered The Day The World Went Away vinyl on discogs because the cover art is amazing and the Quiet version is great. Though I don't think if I dig the Porter Ricks remix that much. Maybe the low volume variations will be interesting when I blast this on my speakers.

And after ordering that I thought hmm wait a minute there's another super-fucking-cool cover art for this kind of release.

So what the hell I ordered the two vinyl Closer To God and Further Away (they go together in the sleeve I think) on discogs too because I hate seeing my wallet full.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That's awesome! Make sure and post pics here when you get them!

Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Just ordered The Day The World Went Away vinyl on discogs because the cover art is amazing and the Quiet version is great. Though I don't think if I dig the Porter Ricks remix that much. Maybe the low volume variations will be interesting when I blast this on my speakers.

And after ordering that I thought hmm wait a minute there's another super-fucking-cool cover art for this kind of release.

So what the hell I ordered the two vinyl Closer To God and Further Away (they go together in the sleeve I think) on discogs too because I hate seeing my wallet full.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    That's awesome! Make sure and post pics here when you get them!
    The aperture will be wide, the depth of field will be shallow

edit : like this
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 05-22-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    For anyone who missed it: Run The Jewels just put a few final copies of their Record Store Day box set up on their online store. Get 'em while you can! Finally got myself a copy after missing out on a Record Store Day!

It's been a minute since I picked up new vinyl. I'll have to scratch the itch soon - at least for Bad Witch.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    "From Beer to Eternity" by Ministry (blood red edition... ordered it new from AFM)

Now I can finish that TV Song mix...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I need “enabling”... to convince me to spend three times as much on the vinyl edition of the new Brian eno boxed set

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I need “enabling”... to convince me to spend three times as much on the vinyl edition of the new Brian eno boxed set
    link?