Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 3400

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Those Throbbing Gristle 2017 releases, "The Second Annual Report - 40th Anniversary Edition"(white); "20 Jazz Funk Greats"(green) are worth picking up. They do sound a bit quiet, but the disclaimers on the insert/booklet explain why satisfactorily.
    what's the explanation given? do they sound better than the pressings from a couple years ago?

Just an FYI; if you're into chill Bleep.com has Kruder & Dorfmeister's The K&D Sessions back in stock after a long time. Seriously good compilation.
    that album got me into SO MUCH MUSIC it's ridiculous. a customer of mine had it on one day when i was doing work at his house and i asked what it was. it sent me down such a rabbit hole once i picked it up. owning it on vinyl would be pretty nice... (and $51 for 5xLPs is really good)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    what's the explanation given? do they sound better than the pressings from a couple years ago?
    I'll quote the text;

"In order to enable the somewhat unusual sound on this record to be pressedand played back on standard equipment it has been found nescessary to cut
    it at somewhat less than normal volume. Kindly compensate for this by
    adjustment of volume on your playback system" (Second Annual Report)

"The quality and content of this album should not be compared to conventional commercial live or
    studio recordings, The Throbbing Gristle repertoire consisted of a diverse range of intentional
    (and unintentional) tonalities, timbres including tape hiss, phase error, white noise, distortion
    clicks, pops, extreme high and low frequencies and occasionally silence.
    Please bear this in mind when listening to these recordings." (20 Jazz Funk Greats)

And to go along with that, I'll say that pressings are fine... didn't have any issues with them.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 01-18-2018 at 09:59 AM.

Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    I'll quote the text;

"In order to enable the somewhat unusual sound on this record to be pressedand played back on standard equipment it has been found nescessary to cut
    it at somewhat less than normal volume. Kindly compensate for this by
    adjustment of volume on your playback system" (Second Annual Report)

"The quality and content of this album should not be compared to conventional commercial live or
    studio recordings, The Throbbing Gristle repertoire consisted of a diverse range of intentional
    (and unintentional) tonalities, timbres including tape hiss, phase error, white noise, distortion
    clicks, pops, extreme high and low frequencies and occasionally silence.
    Please bear this in mind when listening to these recordings." (20 Jazz Funk Greats)

And to go along with that, I'll say that pressings are fine... didn't have any issues with them.
    oh, ok. that's the same message that's always been in them haha. i thought they had remastered them again or something.

amenra - mass vi
    b-day gift from my best friend justine. absolutely gorgeous.

the body - all the waters of the earth turn to blood
    2xLP on clear vinyl w/blank side D

the body - christs, redeemers
    2xLP on 45rpm black vinyl
    x-mas gift from my parents

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Various - David Holmes Late Night Tales
    David Holmes - '71
    Coldcut X On-U Sound - Kajra (10"... remixes of the 7" song)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Three video game soundtracks for me this week.

Mondo Vinyl release of the Portal soundtrack. The packaging is really cool - it's magic-wallet style so the artwork is different depending on what side of the cover (left or right) you open it from.

Brave Wave releases of the Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 soundtracks. They're not the full soundtracks, more like a greatest hits selection because both of them are like 60 tracks each, so there are 24 on each one. Really like the Sonic Adventure 2 package in particular, the blue and red are a nice contrast and the soundtrack is better in general.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Welcoming this to my possession!

https://uturnaudio.com/products/orbit-plus-turntable

Hope it doesn't take too long to get here

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not sure if this is allowed but i've started selling my 700+ strong collection of records to fund my synthesizer habit. A lot of stuff there with lots more being added over the next few days.

https://www.discogs.com/seller/vav/profile

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vav View Post
    Not sure if this is allowed but i've started selling my 700+ strong collection of records to fund my synthesizer habit. A lot of stuff there with lots more being added over the next few days.

https://www.discogs.com/seller/vav/profile
    Sent you a message.