Page 112 of 195 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,360 of 5840

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Various - David Holmes Late Night Tales
    David Holmes - '71
    Coldcut X On-U Sound - Kajra (10"... remixes of the 7" song)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Three video game soundtracks for me this week.

Mondo Vinyl release of the Portal soundtrack. The packaging is really cool - it's magic-wallet style so the artwork is different depending on what side of the cover (left or right) you open it from.

Brave Wave releases of the Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 soundtracks. They're not the full soundtracks, more like a greatest hits selection because both of them are like 60 tracks each, so there are 24 on each one. Really like the Sonic Adventure 2 package in particular, the blue and red are a nice contrast and the soundtrack is better in general.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Welcoming this to my possession!

https://uturnaudio.com/products/orbit-plus-turntable

Hope it doesn't take too long to get here

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Not sure if this is allowed but i've started selling my 700+ strong collection of records to fund my synthesizer habit. A lot of stuff there with lots more being added over the next few days.

https://www.discogs.com/seller/vav/profile

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vav View Post
    Not sure if this is allowed but i've started selling my 700+ strong collection of records to fund my synthesizer habit. A lot of stuff there with lots more being added over the next few days.

https://www.discogs.com/seller/vav/profile
    Sent you a message.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Re-organizing the collection... so may as well post a before pic.

yes, two copies of Broken (one original, one definitive edition) and the other Deviations sleeve is just that, a slightly damaged sleeve. The red book in the middle of the second shelf is 10" shellac. The books on the top shelf are 7" record albums (like photo album).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Re-organizing the collection... so may as well post a before pic.

yes, two copies of Broken (one original, one definitive edition) and the other Deviations sleeve is just that, a slightly damaged sleeve. The red book in the middle of the second shelf is 10" shellac. The books on the top shelf are 7" record albums (like photo album).
    I was actually blowing up the picture trying to read the spines, I'm curious as to what the box sets are. This does remind me of the movie High Fidelity are you going to arrange them alphabetically or autobiographically?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Midnight View Post
    I was actually blowing up the picture trying to read the spines, I'm curious as to what the box sets are. This does remind me of the movie High Fidelity are you going to arrange them alphabetically or autobiographically?
    Boxed sets;
    top shelf (l-r): Grande Dame, Endtroducing... (20th anniversary), Oversteps
    middle shelf (l-r): Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness, Oh, I Guess We Were A Fucking Surf Band After All...
    bottom shelf (l-r): Unearthed, Native North America (Vol. 1) Aboriginal Folk, Rock, And Country 1966-1985, The Great Band Era (1936-1945), American Folk Music: Volume Two - Social Music

(I don't think I'm missing any... but if so, let me know what you want some clarification on. Yeah, I know the Johnny Cash is on the bottom shelf, it's because it has to be returned to get a replaced platter 8 and I haven't moved it yet )

Alphabetically A-Z.... they used to be K-A (L-R) but decided that A-K (L-R) would be better for the time being. It only changes when we get to soundtracks and compilations, still A-Z but off to the side since filing them just with the bulk could get confusing quickly).

(and here's my Discogs collection A-Z if you wanted to try and spy other titles)
    Last edited by MrLobster; 01-28-2018 at 01:06 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Boxed sets;
    top shelf (l-r): Grande Dame, Endtroducing... (20th anniversary), Oversteps
    middle shelf (l-r): Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness, Oh, I Guess We Were A Fucking Surf Band After All...
    bottom shelf (l-r): Unearthed, Native North America (Vol. 1) Aboriginal Folk, Rock, And Country 1966-1985, The Great Band Era (1936-1945), American Folk Music: Volume Two - Social Music

(I don't think I'm missing any... but if so, let me know what you want some clarification on. Yeah, I know the Johnny Cash is on the bottom shelf, it's because it has to be returned to get a replaced platter 8 and I haven't moved it yet )

Alphabetically A-Z.... they used to be K-A (L-R) but decided that A-K (L-R) would be better for the time being. It only changes when we get to soundtracks and compilations, still A-Z but off to the side since filing them just with the bulk could get confusing quickly).

(and here's my Discogs collection A-Z if you wanted to try and spy other titles)
    You have a nice collection, I was trying to see if you had The Social Network by TR & AR, but I really like your Mellon Collie And Infinite Sadness (that one I could read by blowing up the picture). I just like looking at peoples record collections I am immediately drawn to it like a magnet.

I have only been collecting vinyl in the past couple of years I only have a few Radiohead and Bowie box sets and one Rammstein one and of coarse Ghosts by NIN. I noticed you have two Deviations so you must have been emailing nin.com store support, I had the same problem with another title. I'm glad those older stores are gone the newest NIN store distributor seems better equipped to ship vinyl. I guess we will find out for sure when With Teeth and Year Zero are released.

As far as organizing goes I usually have a separate section for Soundtracks but with Trent Reznor I put all the soundtracks in with the NIN stuff, its all TR so why separate it. I wonder if some journalist has ever been dumb enough to ask TR if he is going to do a solo album. I mean NIN are solo albums for him.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Midnight View Post
    I was trying to see if you had The Social Network by TR & AR,.
    I do (bottom shelf, next to the Vietnam War... a bit right of the orange Trainspotting bar... and there's Lost Highway and NBK hiding there too). Yeah, I just needed a new sleeve for Deviations, so they sent me that. I see value in adding the Reznor soundtrack work with the NIN stuff.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    really dig seeing what everyone's music area looking like these days? love seeing the different set ups and collections etc

here is few recent shots of my collection. i got a better pre amp for the record player, and rearranged my vinyl collection/music area recently after putting it off for months

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    /\/\/\

that spock is choice

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    After:

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @hologram parade i'm always so jealous of your setup, that you have essentially a record room.

i'm terrified of when my wife and i eventually move. i had maybe 100 or so records when we moved in here almost 6 years ago, and now i have around 800. shit's gonna be heavy.

vampillia + the body - xoroAHbin
    x-mas gift from my parents

oathbreaker - s/t
    7" 33rpm
    b-day gift from my friend justine

myrkur - mareridt
    bone white vinyl
    this album is so fucking good

wolves in the throne room - thrice woven
    2xLP on 45rpm black

tom waits - alice
    2017 remastered 2xLP on 180g black vinyl w/etched side D
    accidentally started this at 45 and it was so fucking funny

incubus - morning view
    2xLP
    pulled this out of my collection for the first time in a long time (it got a lot of play in high school). i think this is one of the first 5 or 10 records i ever bought, and it's still in NM condition. also, i still hate "warning" after all these years because of it getting severely overplayed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    @hologram parade i'm always so jealous of your setup, that you have essentially a record room.

i'm terrified of when my wife and i eventually move. i had maybe 100 or so records when we moved in here almost 6 years ago, and now i have around 800. shit's gonna be heavy.

don't be jealous, it took almost 12 years to get here haha. you've got a great collection, and i wish i had taken the time/money to get all the doors like you did. ets is where i first saw all these amazing music, and nin collections as a young teenager. i was mesmerized to say the least, and i feel very grateful to have the collection i have all these years later.

i here you there! pro tip: don't move in the heat of summer - rough for you, and the records. i went with these heavy plastic boxes for moving. they were really great, fit nearly every record size in my collection comfortably, and can be stacked nicely for storage/moving. cant reccomend them enough. before we moved into our house (where i hope not to move for a long time) we were in a 4 story walk up w/ parking a 1/4 block away. one heavy box at a time. worst part of the move lol.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    god i would HATE to move these days... i have about 4,000 12'' records, and approx 500 7''s/10''s total. it was a nightmare to move everything in 5-6 years ago, and it's only doubled since then.

i'm essentially out of space right now, which is daunting and stressful. i'm sure i could purge 100 or so LPs, but it's always a slow and laborious process...

photo TK by the by. i'm taking a hiatus from DJing for the time being, so everything is picked up off of the floor and in its proper place, so i suppose i'm due for a photo of the current state of affairs.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i may have gotten a free technics SL-1200MK2 that's been sitting, unused, for at least 15 years. the cover is filthy as fuck and the cartridge needs replacing (the one on there is for scratching...ugh) but it's still, like, THE turntable. and it's perfect timing because our friend jon is moving out and we're turning the guest room into an exercise/old video game room. now i'll be able to have a turntable in there as well as the living room!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Added a few more records to the collection:
    Moby - Play - Vinyl Me Please Version
    White Stripes - Icky Thump Vault Version

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I just bought a bunch of records I know a good chunk of the users here will like. I will share it in one mega post when I get them all!

For the moment, my pre-orders from NuclearBlast from December came!

Immortal - Sons Of Northern Darkness (2018 Black Reissue)

Immortal - All Shall Fall (2018 Silver Reissue)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It cameeeeeeee

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    It cameeeeeeee
    Don't see many people choose the blue. Enjoy!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    These recent Amazon sales have been killing my bank account, but warming my soul. I'm in the middle of a move so I've been having all of my packages shipped to my parents house. So rather than getting everything as it arrives, I've been picking up everything at once. This past Sunday was like Christmas:

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

gary numan - dance
    remastered 2xLP on purple vinyl

amenra - mass V
    2xLP w/blank side D on black vinyl

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe
    Is that purple Numan album exclusive from somewhere or is that the standard edition that was just released a few weeks ago?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    @eversonpoe
    Is that purple Numan album exclusive from somewhere or is that the standard edition that was just released a few weeks ago?
    as far as i know that's the only version that was just released. got mine on amazon - https://smile.amazon.com/Dance-Gary-...70_&dpSrc=srch

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Don't see many people choose the blue. Enjoy!
    I wanted the white one but I knew it’d get dirty and I didn’t want boring black so for some color that wouldn’t get dirty I chose blue.