Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Festival Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Festival Thread

Yoink! I stole it from you, Kid!

I only go to Bonnaroo. I know a few people on here do, and they're awesome. There's a more-than-likely fake line-up floating around for it. I want to believe it's true, because like 90% I'd want to see. It's too good to be true. All I need is a good fucking headlining combo like this year (MMJ into Arcade Fire) and a GOOD hip-hop co-headliner. I love you, Lil' Wayne, but you suck live. So do you, Eminem. Give me Watch the Throne, goddamnit. And OFWGKTA on the under-card. PLEASE?!

Oh yeah, I heard some band called Radiohead and the biggest band on the face of the Earth, NO DOUBT, will be headlining both weekends of Coachella. And Bjork. Fuck you, Coachella.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Bjork or No Doubt will be odd woman out, looks like Coldplay along with Radiohead is one of the Coachella headliners.

As for Bonnaroo, something like Wilco into Radiohead would be nice. Achley Capps MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Austin Psych Fest announced their lineup today. It's one of the better small fests in Austin and refreshing from the usual garb like SXSW or Austin City Limits. I'll certainly be checking this out. Here's the lineup: http://ow.ly/i/q0gd/original

Brian Jonestown Massacre and The Black Lips are more than enough to get me there.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Bonnaroo Lineup is out and I've had time to mull it over. I like it. It's good not great. I like the headliners with Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Phish. Beach Boys Reunion is going to be awesome, and I'm stoked that Ben Folds Five is reuniting. The hip hop lineup is weak, I like Black Star and Ludacris would be cool to see, but there's no huge wow factor. Then again, they have about 40 more acts to announce so we'll see if we get anyone else good.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Jack White, Justice, Die Antwoord, and The Weekend all confirmed for Lollapalooza via transportation advertisements around Chicago.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Jack White, Justice, Die Antwoord, and The Weekend all confirmed for Lollapalooza via transportation advertisements around Chicago.
    Jack White would be an awesome headliner. Bonnaroo shit the bed by not booking him. I'm leery of Justice live since their last album sucked. And The Weeknd is a nice edition.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I should be going to Electric Picnic this year here in Ireland.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Sonisphere cancelled. I guess that's what you get if you put Adam Lambert as headliner.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Jack White would be an awesome headliner. Bonnaroo shit the bed by not booking him.
    Yeah, I'm very excited to see his solo shows, especially considering he's been playing stuff from all 4 projects. Now as long as they get Sigur Ros and Radiohead, then I'll be sold.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    M83 and Bloc Party also rumored now. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lolla put out as good as a lineup as Coachella. Pretty sure they'll get The Black Keys as well.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Oh wow. Did M83 and Bloc have transport ads as well?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Yeah, one ad said " I See Signs Now All The Time" and the other said "Waiting for a Ride in the Dark".

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Nice! I wonder who they'll announce today, seeing as they're coming out daily?

EDIT----

Big Pink just confirmed.
    Last edited by richardp; 03-29-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Sigur Ros was confirmed for Lolla. Looks like I'll be going this year.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I *only* want to see Black Sabbath.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Are they actually playing? I kind a thought that was a joke, lol.

On second, my girlfriend usually insists on going to Lollapalooza with her best friend (who I strongly dislike) But I have never been able to understand shelling out 200 bucks to stand with 20,000 nasty sweaty people in the summer heat when you don't know the line up.
    Last edited by Blackbookpress1984; 04-11-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Sweet it looks like Sigur Ros will be playing shows around this time

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Jack White and ATDI are the only good headliners in my opinion. I loathe RHCP so much. The rest I just don't care about. The mid card is pretty damn good though. Oh and I'm sorry but Sigur Ros should have EASILY been a headliner over fucking Florence and The Machine.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Jack White and ATDI are the only good headliners in my opinion. I loathe RHCP so much. The rest I just don't care about. The mid card is pretty damn good though. Oh and I'm sorry but Sigur Ros should have EASILY been a headliner over fucking Florence and The Machine.
    In our world Sigur ros would headline but in reality more popular lame bands have came up. Although, SR last attempt wasn't critically acclaimed either .

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    In our world Sigur ros would headline but in reality more popular lame bands have came up. Although, SR last attempt wasn't critically acclaimed either .
    True, but I mean, it was still more interesting than both of the Florence albums combined, in my opinion.

Also, who the fuck is Avicii? Everyone online keeps saying how they should be a headliner and I have literally never seen that name before until the Lolla lineup. Am I that far out of the musical loop?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Avicii is a progressive house/commercial poppy house producer. google Levels...you've def. heard it. solid producer if you're nto that style of dance music.

You like Jack White and ATDI as headliners, but not Sabbath? you dont like Sabbath? What is wrong with you?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Lolla has a good lineup, not great. I love The Black Keys, but how in the hell are they second billed...before SABBATH! And Rich, I don't think ATDI and Flo are headliners, they're highly billed, but if I remember correctly there's going to be two EDM headliners so Bassnectar and Avicii probably? Lots of good stuff though. Jack White, The Shins, Justice, The Weeknd, Sigur Ros, Miike Snow, Afghan Whigs(seriously, fucking awesome that they're on the lineup), M83, Franz Ferdinand, Frank Ocean, Childish Gambino, Wale, Tune Yards, Twin Shadow, Toro Y Moi, Alabama Shakes, Gaslight Anthem, SBTRKT, The Walkmen, Tame Impala, Band of Skulls, Neon Indian, Washed Out, Dum Dum Girls, Black Angels, Givers, War on Drugs, and First Aid Kit.

I'm just waiting for the weekend though. Looking forward to Coachella, even if I have a shit ton of conflicts.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Wait .. whoa! AFGHAN WHIGS?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    You like Jack White and ATDI as headliners, but not Sabbath? you dont like Sabbath? What is wrong with you?
    Yeah! Seriously! The only non-original member in this lineup is the drummer, but who gives a fuck? And Toni Iommi has lymphoma but he's still gonna be there!
    Last edited by allegro; 04-12-2012 at 10:19 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Avicii is a progressive house/commercial poppy house producer. google Levels...you've def. heard it. solid producer if you're nto that style of dance music.

I don't NOT like them, I just don't really care about them. Ozzy is so washed up and unintelligible nowadays, and I've just honestly never been a fan. I appreciate and realize that like 99 percent of bands exist nowadays because of them, I just don't really care enough about them. As controversial as that may be. But if Jack White is playing against Sabbath I'll definitely choose him.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I saw Sabbath a few years ago and they ripped. You wouldn't know you were watching a bunch of 60 year olds playing.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Ozzy is a mess off-stage, but i swear they hop him up on something and shove him on stage. his voice is pretty good in concert all things considered. Bill better end up playing playing these shows. What they're doing to him is complete bullshit.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Bill better end up playing playing these shows. What they're doing to him is complete bullshit.
    yeah, it does suck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    apparently Tupac showed up at Coachella!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Outside Lands Festival Lineup announced today.

http://lineup.sfoutsidelands.com/

A lot of good but also a lot of crap.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Top lines are very good. The undercard suffers, but overall I think it's better than Lollapalooza. Fucking Grandaddy!