Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104
Results 3,091 to 3,109 of 3109

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post

At long last, she is mine!

Bought for roughly half of what I usually see this go for in sealed condition on the collector's market from a guy in Europe, who later admitted he lowballed himself on the sale price because he didn't research what it sells for in brand new condition these days. This thing is sealed and absolutely pristine.

I am seriously conflicted right now as to whether I should open this. One part of me loves this soundtrack immensely and knows I would never part with this unless a family member's life depended on my doing so, and that I always buy to play and enjoy.

But the other part of me knows how rare this LP is, and how a vinyl repress is likely not happening anytime soon. Do I hold out for what could potentially be months and wait for a reasonably-priced used copy to hit the online market at some point, and keep this gem shrinked? That's still going to fetch significantly, even in overall VG+ condition..

Gaaaah
    The Gentle Hum Of Anxiety

(couldn't resist)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Fuck this, I can't do it. This record costs $300 in this condition, and will likely only increase in value.

I've owned it on CD since release day and have it on my phone. I'm just going to play the shit out of it via traditional means for the next few months until I'm sick of it enough to rationalise this decision, rinse and repeat until a second copy presents itself to me..

Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Fuck this, I can't do it. This record costs $300 in this condition, and will likely only increase in value.

I've owned it on CD since release day and have it on my phone. I'm just going to play the shit out of it via traditional means for the next few months until I'm sick of it enough to rationalise this decision, rinse and repeat until a second copy presents itself to me..
    from context, i'm guessing it's The Social Network soundtrack (the image won't display).

i am very against buying records and not playing them. as long as you take care of them, they'll stay in near-mint condition (like about 85% of my collection), even after several plays. i know you know what you're doing. don't leave it sealed, sitting on a shelf. listen to it!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Just bought this beautiful bastard

Mentioned
    285 Post(s)

79Ancestors - territories
    compilation on translucent pink(?) w/black(?)
    bought this for the telefon tel aviv track, stayed for the rest. what a goregous collection of songs.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 06-25-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Just pre-ordered the Indie Release of the new Queen's album and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've waged some serious war on Discogs over the years regarding the pointlessness/uselessness of coloured vinyl. I just don't get it. It's now become a marketing gimmick that offers zero incentive to the buyer. It's ridiculous to see coloured pressings priced at four times the price of a standard black vinyl pressing simply because it looks pretty.

It boggles the mind that people care about such things, but to each their own, I guess.

It's true the colored vinyl editions are inferior quality but they are almost always of a limited quantity compared to black. Hence, discogs pricing and fans clamoring. You're on a NIN board. Surely you get this.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I don't know if any of you are big Aphex fans, but this record shop that is just a mile away from the hospital I work at is selling that new EP. If you are interested, I can pick you up a copy. They are $21. I think I can buy up to 3. Just trying to help fellow fans out.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=39286

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    1000 copies, that's why. Thats really really low.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    from context, i'm guessing it's The Social Network soundtrack (the image won't display).

i am very against buying records and not playing them. as long as you take care of them, they'll stay in near-mint condition (like about 85% of my collection), even after several plays. i know you know what you're doing. don't leave it sealed, sitting on a shelf. listen to it!
    Opted to leave it sealed. For the time being, anyway.

I did some research on Discogs and apparently it has some major fidelity issues? Lots of complaints over the years. It's better left sealed as a rare collector's item in my collection, until a repressing comes along. I'm okay with that. How many people can say they have this in brand new condition and will never sell it? I'm good with the CD and digital files in the interim..

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony_crisp View Post
    It's true the colored vinyl editions are inferior quality but they are almost always of a limited quantity compared to black. Hence, discogs pricing and fans clamoring. You're on a NIN board. Surely you get this.
    Oh, I get it. I just don't see the point. Especially if the assertion that non-black colored vinyl sounds inferior to black and clear.

I don't think there's ever been a sanctioned colored vinyl of a NIN/TR release, has there? There was that bogus Fragile repress years ago that was red or something, but it wasn't official. I think the Prick vinyl in the store right now is the first time I've ever seen Trent endorse a colored vinyl attributed to him.

All of his other official represses have never been colored and have always offered some sort of incentive for purchasing (PHM 2010, the upcoming definitive reissues, etc.)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    1000 copies, that's why. Thats really really low.
    I know but damn. That many people look at Metal Blade's web store? I never heard anything prior to randomly looking on there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Opted to leave it sealed. For the time being, anyway.

I did some research on Discogs and apparently it has some major fidelity issues? Lots of complaints over the years. It's better left sealed as a rare collector's item in my collection, until a repressing comes along. I'm okay with that. How many people can say they have this in brand new condition and will never sell it? I'm good with the CD and digital files in the interim..
    No fidelity issues with mine, good low and high ends (was lucky enough to spot it in the wild when it first came out). Not a bad as Ghosts and the Slip, that's for sure.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Not a bad as Ghosts and the Slip, that's for sure.
    Weird. I have no issues with my Ghosts or Slip vinyl pressings..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Weird. I have no issues with my Ghosts or Slip vinyl pressings..
    My only issue with them is that they have a quieter inherent volume than every other vinyl release (Ghosts not as bad at The Slip in that regard), the physical nature of the LPs are fine though.

Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    My only issue with them is that they have a quieter inherent volume than every other vinyl release (Ghosts not as bad at The Slip in that regard), the physical nature of the LPs are fine though.
    if it's too quiet...you're not old?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The Slip is one of the quietest records I own. Extra excited for that definitive edition to drop!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Mmmmmm, I scored an awesome vinyl this evening on eBay. Low, low price and I'm so surprised! I'll share photos when I get it!