Page 71 of 195 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 5846

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    new Dear Hunter album up for pre-order. opaque gold, limited swamp green, and, unfortunately, the coolest color variant, limited oxblood / sea blue haze, is only available as part of the $95 bundle :|

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I picked up an original US pressing of Bowie's Tonight for five dollars in an awesome record store cafe in Sanford this past Sunday!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Everyone pretty much nailed it with the TLOU release. I caught it, but had to restart my order for some reason (bad connection or something on my phone), and by the time I got back to the product page, it was already in pre-order status. I would've LIKED to have it sooner, but honestly, between moving to a new place and fixing my car, AND finishing off the last of my student loans by the end of August, it probably would've put a little dent in my plans. But now that they won't ship the next batch out for 4 months, that gives me mooore than enough time to save up and buy two, AND I won't have to worry about it going to the wrong address or anything by then.

Honestly, if I get impatient, I'll probably try buying one on discogs eventually. It'll be hella marked up, but I'd buy one to listen to now, and then wait for one from Mondo that I can put away and never touch.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Sounds like TRON: Legacy is getting a heavy repress... check your local Amazon for pre-orders! Amazon.ca

I really struggle with walking into a record shop and not leaving with anything, so today I grabbed used copies of:

- Panda Bear - Person Pitch
    - Battles - Gloss Drop (still searching for a copy of Mirrored...)
    - SBTRKT - SBTRKT
    - The Faint - Wet From Birth

Also, just had Eno/Hyde's High Life, Pigeonhead's Full Sentence and Bear in Heaven's I Love You, It's Cool delivered.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Where my Impala fans at?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    WHY!!!????

Why do almost all of the vinyl on sale on Discogs come from the Netherlands...am I missing something?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just ordered http://www.invada.co.uk/collections/...e-mega-edition in Invada's summer sale. I got the Ex_Machina score recently by these two and its sensational, plus I absolutely love 2000AD/ Judge Dredd.

Edit: they've somehow sold out of the medium shirts that come with the Drokk box-set! they've given a refund, but a bit disappointed tbh

I've also ordered Bring Me Your Love by City and Colour and have a day off on Friday so intend to go vinyl shopping (again!)
    Last edited by Al_Hunter; 07-29-2015 at 12:00 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    There is preorders on bull moose.con for a limited sigur ros () on clear vinyl and a reissue of takk 10 inch. Hurry up before they are gone

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    WHY!!!????

Why do almost all of the vinyl on sale on Discogs come from the Netherlands...am I missing something?
    The biggest pressing plant in the world, Record Industry, is outside Amsterdam.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I genuinely had every intention of not buying much...

J. Dilla - Donuts
    Ben Frost - By The Throat
    Ben Frost - Variant
    Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence
    Toro y Moi - What For
    Joy Division - Substance
    Air - Premieres Symptomes
    Tame Impala - Live Versions

*sigh* will this ever end?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Just announced -Kendrick -TPAB OCTOBER 2nd bull moose.com

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Just arrived this morning! Yes!! I've been waiting for this album to get released for so long.
    #823/1000

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    am i the only one that finds this a tad overboard?
    http://www.nme.com/news/jack-white/87280

you seriously want people to pay money to cut open and ruin the packaging their vinyl?
    i think things are getting out of hand now.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    just got a copy of the 180 gram reissue of She Shot Me Down by Sinatra.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Did I read somewhere in here that someone bought that German bootleg of Live Through This by Hole that's floating around still on discogs? If so, is it any good? Considering getting myself a copy.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post

you seriously want people to pay money to cut open and ruin the packaging their vinyl?
    Honestly, I get the vibe that maybe that hidden track is a recording of Jay Z or Jack reprimanding/trolling people who were willing to destroy the packaging.

Or maybe Jack really did just pull the shittiest marketing move possible.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post

This is far from the most gimicky thing he's done. A few years back he released a 7" record that was packaged INSIDE a 12" record. You had to break the 12" to get to the 7".

http://pitchfork.com/news/40051-jack...-vinyl-record/

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    This is far from the most gimicky thing he's done. A few years back he released a 7" record that was packaged INSIDE a 12" record. You had to break the 12" to get to the 7".

I don't mind the hidden postcard bonus in the Jay-Z album. It looks like you can slit the packaging open, so that you're basically just uncovering an extra storage sleeve.

The "triple decker record" That you have to crack open to get to the 7" though is crazy stupid. I got irritated just thinking about it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I don't mind the hidden postcard bonus in the Jay-Z album. It looks like you can slit the packaging open, so that you're basically just uncovering an extra storage sleeve.

The "triple decker record" That you have to crack open to get to the 7" though is crazy stupid. I got irritated just thinking about it.
    I think Jack White spends far more time thinking up stupid gimmicks for his records than he does on the music itself.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post

Wow, WTF?

I was reading an article about these gimmicks and the bursting of the vinyl bubble. I gotta find it, an interesting read

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I started fixing my old record player (or "turntable" as they say, Tesla NC420), and searching the internet beginning with basic things like "what is anti-skating" turned up to be more and more complicated (who would expect that, right? smile). Lots of things to set up correctly, if you can. Or replacing cabling while on it. And for example I never thought about the time difference in miliseconds between left and right channel depending on the current track position on album (start/end), and that you can set it up to be perfect only twice during playing the side. Or, if you would use plate with different height, you HAVE to compensate for that by changing height of the... OK too complicated english for me. :-) Angles everywhere.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    My copy of "Drokk" arrived. It looks fucking gnarly. Not had chance to play it yet, but really looking forward to doing so.

https://drokk.bandcamp.com/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    That was me! And yes, it IS a good buy. No insert, but the audio is clear and vibrant. For $25, I have no issues with it whatsoever
    Thanks for the response, I will definitely look into getting myself a copy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So proud of these ones :

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkrieg View Post
    So proud of these ones :

These are others I've thought long and hard about. They're £75 for all four volumes from Invada Records in the UK, but I'm not familiar enough with the show or the music to just spend that on the chance that the music is pretty cool. There's a lot of music for me to listen to to decide whether or not it's actually for me. I think I'm just attracted to all the pretty records.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    newest arrivals

kano - another life 12" single
    dead can dance - into the labyrinth
    dead can dance - spiritchaser

not picture but recently arrived: caspian - tertia 2x12" 45 translucent red

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    went to see SUMAC tonight. "accidentally" bought three records...oops?

mamiffer - statu nascendi (light pink)
    split cranium - s/t (green w/white marble)
    these arms are snakes / the coathangers - 7" split (clear w/red & black splatter)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Today:

The Cult - Electric Peace (Electric album remastered, 180g & Peace album, never released, scrapped, re-recorded to what is now known as Electric, 180g.)
    Steve Earle (A side)/Robert Johnson (B side) - Terraplane Blues (RSD 10")

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Can anyone here help a vinyl addict out - Mondo have just decided to announce they can't send me my Mad Max record to the UK for unknown reasons. Would anyone here be prepared to receive my record from Mondo and send it straight on to me here in the UK? I will obviously pay the shipping costs plus a little extra to thank you.