Page 102 of 195 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 5846

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Fuck this, I can't do it. This record costs $300 in this condition, and will likely only increase in value.

I've owned it on CD since release day and have it on my phone. I'm just going to play the shit out of it via traditional means for the next few months until I'm sick of it enough to rationalise this decision, rinse and repeat until a second copy presents itself to me..
    from context, i'm guessing it's The Social Network soundtrack (the image won't display).

i am very against buying records and not playing them. as long as you take care of them, they'll stay in near-mint condition (like about 85% of my collection), even after several plays. i know you know what you're doing. don't leave it sealed, sitting on a shelf. listen to it!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just bought this beautiful bastard

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

79Ancestors - territories
    compilation on translucent pink(?) w/black(?)
    bought this for the telefon tel aviv track, stayed for the rest. what a goregous collection of songs.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 06-25-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Just pre-ordered the Indie Release of the new Queen's album and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've waged some serious war on Discogs over the years regarding the pointlessness/uselessness of coloured vinyl. I just don't get it. It's now become a marketing gimmick that offers zero incentive to the buyer. It's ridiculous to see coloured pressings priced at four times the price of a standard black vinyl pressing simply because it looks pretty.

It boggles the mind that people care about such things, but to each their own, I guess.

It's true the colored vinyl editions are inferior quality but they are almost always of a limited quantity compared to black. Hence, discogs pricing and fans clamoring. You're on a NIN board. Surely you get this.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I don't know if any of you are big Aphex fans, but this record shop that is just a mile away from the hospital I work at is selling that new EP. If you are interested, I can pick you up a copy. They are $21. I think I can buy up to 3. Just trying to help fellow fans out.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=39286

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    1000 copies, that's why. Thats really really low.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    from context, i'm guessing it's The Social Network soundtrack (the image won't display).

i am very against buying records and not playing them. as long as you take care of them, they'll stay in near-mint condition (like about 85% of my collection), even after several plays. i know you know what you're doing. don't leave it sealed, sitting on a shelf. listen to it!
    Opted to leave it sealed. For the time being, anyway.

I did some research on Discogs and apparently it has some major fidelity issues? Lots of complaints over the years. It's better left sealed as a rare collector's item in my collection, until a repressing comes along. I'm okay with that. How many people can say they have this in brand new condition and will never sell it? I'm good with the CD and digital files in the interim..

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    1000 copies, that's why. Thats really really low.
    I know but damn. That many people look at Metal Blade's web store? I never heard anything prior to randomly looking on there.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Opted to leave it sealed. For the time being, anyway.

I did some research on Discogs and apparently it has some major fidelity issues? Lots of complaints over the years. It's better left sealed as a rare collector's item in my collection, until a repressing comes along. I'm okay with that. How many people can say they have this in brand new condition and will never sell it? I'm good with the CD and digital files in the interim..
    No fidelity issues with mine, good low and high ends (was lucky enough to spot it in the wild when it first came out). Not a bad as Ghosts and the Slip, that's for sure.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Not a bad as Ghosts and the Slip, that's for sure.
    Weird. I have no issues with my Ghosts or Slip vinyl pressings..

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Weird. I have no issues with my Ghosts or Slip vinyl pressings..
    My only issue with them is that they have a quieter inherent volume than every other vinyl release (Ghosts not as bad at The Slip in that regard), the physical nature of the LPs are fine though.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    My only issue with them is that they have a quieter inherent volume than every other vinyl release (Ghosts not as bad at The Slip in that regard), the physical nature of the LPs are fine though.
    if it's too quiet...you're not old?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The Slip is one of the quietest records I own. Extra excited for that definitive edition to drop!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Mmmmmm, I scored an awesome vinyl this evening on eBay. Low, low price and I'm so surprised! I'll share photos when I get it!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Finally got my hands on this LP!

Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 06-29-2017 at 05:55 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    On the nin website it says reisssue, is this a different pressing ?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    On the nin website it says reisssue, is this a different pressing ?
    Since no original pressing exists (CD only), I'd call it a reissue but a first pressing. I'd just hope it isn't one of those half-volume reissue/remastered that tend to happen with CD only albums...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    recent treasures

beach house's b-sides and rarities compilation (loser edition)

health /// disco 3+

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Oh, I get it. I just don't see the point. Especially if the assertion that non-black colored vinyl sounds inferior to black and clear.

I don't think there's ever been a sanctioned colored vinyl of a NIN/TR release, has there? There was that bogus Fragile repress years ago that was red or something, but it wasn't official.
    I've always considered this to be official -

https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...release/470884

Unless I'm mistaken?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    I've always considered this to be official -

https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...release/470884

Unless I'm mistaken?
    It is official, but it's a picture disc, which is different than colored vinyl.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    It is official, but it's a picture disc, which is different than colored vinyl.
    Thank you @otnavuskire

I just learnt something!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Since some of us vinyl virgins are getting their cherries popped this week. Can I request a few links on how to maintain the LP, and maybe a link to what you guys think is the best way to store the vinyl outside of the gate fold of deviations?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Since some of us vinyl virgins are getting their cherries popped this week. Can I request a few links on how to maintain the LP, and maybe a link to what you guys think is the best way to store the vinyl outside of the gate fold of deviations?
    https://www.ebay.com/i/142424946285?chn=ps&dispItem=1

i clean each side of each record i listen to right before listening to it with my discwasher (dry). just pop your record on the turntable, start the motor (but don't drop the needle) and hold the brush gently in place with the arrow facing the OPPOSITE way it's spinning (so the record should be turning toward the tip of the arrow). use the back of your clean hand to wipe any dust/debris off the brush and repeat. then play your record.

https://www.amazon.com/DOUBLE-OVERSI.../dp/B001719NXQ

these should do for over-sized records. standard outer sleeves will do fine for regular records. place the records inside the bag with the gatefold, but not inside the gatefold. i leave my bags with the opening to the left (with the spine facing out) rather than up so that dust and cat hair are less likely to get inside the bags.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So I went to eBay and dropped $111.77 on 5 albums...I got a $250.00 bonus from work so I said why not.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Since no original pressing exists (CD only), I'd call it a reissue but a first pressing. I'd just hope it isn't one of those half-volume reissue/remastered that tend to happen with CD only albums...
    I was thinking maybe since is sold out and it came back on the website that it's another print EI " reissue ". TIMP did you buy it when it first came up or after it sold out the first time around ?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    I was thinking maybe since is sold out and it came back on the website that it's another print EI " reissue ". TIMP did you buy it when it first came up or after it sold out the first time around ?
    It's a fair point, and if that happens, that's when we check the runout etchings (and from that what I've seen, unless it is being bootlegged, the etching will change) to distinguish between reissues.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    "Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We?" (180g Analog Spark remastered 2017 release) by The Cranberries

Damn fine pressing and mastering job. Delicate and rich.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    "Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We?" (180g Analog Spark remastered 2017 release) by The Cranberries

Damn fine pressing and mastering job. Delicate and rich.
    Just picked up a copy of this tonight (the B&N cranberry colored variant). I actually had no idea it was colored until I went in to pick it up, but all the reviews online are speaking highly of this. An original pressing in the generic black cover with album cover hype sticker goes for $100 easy on the market, so this was a much more reasonable buy. Looks and sounds beautiful, too. I just hope Analogue Spark do a "No Need to Argue" pressing soon..