Page 6 of 195 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    Interesting that a cd was included, was it a special deal type thing from a certain place or is that how it's sold now?
    I bought the vinyl and cd when it was released. Not my favourite KB album, but nice to listen to at this time of year, and the vinyl art is gorgeous with the booklet and gatefold.

Did you manage to pick up the RSD "Lake Tahoe" pic disc? That's nice too.
    That's how it's sold now, apparently. Made for a pretty nice deal. I'll post a pic or 2 of the packaging.

I woke up today to some snowfall, that's still going on now actually, so the timing is pretty great. Needless to say, the first thing I did today was put on the album, while looking out my window. A beautiful experience. I love how sprawling the songs are, especially on the first half.

I didn't even know about the "Lake Tahoe" disc. Definitely have to look that up now!
    Last edited by Deadpool; 12-29-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    I got it for 330. For a Christmas gift . I think it's a good deal seeing how takk cost 150 most places
    138!? Jesus, you lucky bastard. I bought mine when it was originally released and got 1274. Which still isn't bad out of 5000, but shit... 138.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I bought Eminem- Recovery today. I know a lot of people hate it,but I personally think it is one of his best.

Also, anyone know when the new grouper album will drop ? like the date? Her vinyls sell out first day usually. The name of the album is the man who died on his boat .Still looking to buy hold/sic for a reasonable price.

EDIT on amazon both the new LP and dragging a dead deer up a hill will be rereleased Feb 5any one who wants that better get on the pre oder ASAP
    Last edited by Rdm; 12-30-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    I woke up today to some snowfall, that's still going on now actually, so the timing is pretty great. Needless to say, the first thing I did today was put on the album, while looking out my window. A beautiful experience. I love how sprawling the songs are, especially on the first half.
    Sounds magical. Yeah, sprawling is a good word to describe the songs. At first I was a little apprehensive about the album after hearing that Elton John was on it and that a track was sung by Kate's son, but it's really great. Definitely mood music.
    The Lake Tahoe 10inch pic disc is a nice thing. It was selling for stupid money on ebay for a while after RSD, not sure how prices are now, not checked for a while.Here are pics (sorry about low quality).
    Last edited by Camille; 12-30-2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

^^^
    That's a beautiful looking record.

Do we have any KRAFTWERK fans in here? I picked this up a while ago and I couldn't be happier with the quality of the recording.

Minimum Maximum:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    ^^ Love Kraftwerk, have done for years, but strangely I have never owned any of their work on vinyl. I did have a German (and sung in German) 12inch of Neon Lights once. It had glow in the dark vinyl which was a nice novelty. Sadly I don't have it anymore.
    I have the original cd's and a couple of soundboard bootlegs I think, but I've never heard any of the remasters.

Your Minimum Maximum looks very tasty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got the 1993 pressing of trans-europe express last year for £10 in fopp. the old kling klang brigade are a good addition to any vinyl collection
    Last edited by R37R0; 12-31-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R37R0 View Post
    I got the 1993 pressing of trans-europe express last year for £10 in fopp. the old kling klang brigade are a good addition to any vinyl collection
    Fopp is getting good for vinyl. The Edinburgh and Glasgow branches have a ton of it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Man I miss fopp. Didn't realise the edi branch reopened. Still on Cockburn street?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I was listening to PRI today and there was a story about Shout Out Louds' new single Blue Ice that can be heard by making and playing an ice record.

As innovative as this is, it produces a sound that is much colder than CDs.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Man I miss fopp. Didn't realise the edi branch reopened. Still on Cockburn street?
    It moved to a larger location on Rose Street a few years ago.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Here are a few I will be spinning today to annoy the neighbours.

UNKLE's wonderful 3 disc picture disc version of Never Never Land. Nice one this, contains 3 fold out art prints complete with album and art info. There is a super limited version of this in a box with all the bells and whistles, this is the "standard" limited edition. All the discs and artwork are housed in a beautiful gatefold sleeve with stunning artwork by Futura (formerly Futura 2000).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Another UNKLE platter. This one is red vinyl 12 inch version of Burn My Shadow.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Here is a wee treasure. My signed copy of Janelle Monae's Archandroid.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Interesting one this. It's a 10 inch etched vinyl version of Graham Coxon's In The Morning.

Sorry about the pic of the etching, it's difficult to photograph.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I managed to get the 12" Classic Symptoms 3 by London Elektricity in the Hospital Records advent calender promotion for £3.25 (including postage). A great slab of 'loungecore' drum and bass containing the 12" mixes of Song In The Key Of Knife and Pull The Plug. Its certainly helping with the New Years hangover
    Last edited by R37R0; 01-01-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

That blue ice 7" is pretty badass even if the sound kinda sucks. Thanks for posting that video, I might go check them out now

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Finally added some color to my collection! This weekend I picked up Primus' Green Naugahyde and Mogwai's Earth Division EP.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Those UNKLE records are jaw-dropping. Consider me jealous, especially when it comes to that Never, Never Land triple LP (I adore that album). I'll need to post some pics of my shiny The Answer EP before long...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I'm thinking about geting some new bookshelf speakers for my record player .Thinking about getting these http://amazon.com/B000V2UBS8 . What so you think?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

^^^

Linky no worky

So I have a question for you guys in here that are good with audio setups. I'm currently experiencing a faint hum/hiss with my current setup. A friend of mine mentioned something about turntable spikes or something like that which helps reduce the hum/hiss sound. Does anyone know what he was talking about? Maybe @joymode has an idea?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    spikes are used to level the turntable, to reduce vibration. but hum from motor is not directly related to that

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    spikes are used to level the turntable, to reduce vibration. but hum from motor is not directly related to that
    Thanks Ben!!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i bought another one of these yesterday from ikea because i've suddenly started accumulating vinyl much faster than i had been previously. my girlfriend suggested that i use each compartment to display a box set/attractive LP cover, and it looks fantastic. sadly, TGWTDT set is far too big to fit in one of the spaces :/

oh, also, record frames are only $8 at ikea, now, if any of you feel inclined to display your LPs up on the wall.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    This. @NotoriousTIMP

More than likely you have a short somewhere. Play around with your cables and see if you can stop the hum by touching them in certain ways.

That sounds dirty.
    Last edited by DVYDRNS; 01-03-2013 at 09:09 AM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Quote Originally Posted by joymode View Post
    This. @NotoriousTIMP

More than likely you have a short somewhere. Play around with your cables and see if you can stop the hum by touching them in certain ways.

That sounds dirty.
    This made me LOL and I'm in the waiting room of a hospital....can you say awkward?

Yeah I was messing around with my receiver and I think it's going out, or at least one side is going out. My left channel cuts out and the only way to get it to come back on is by turning the volume up real quickly.

-----------------------------------

In other news, it's crazy to think this bootleg went for this much. I'm sure some goth kid is pretty stoked at the moment....
    Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 01-03-2013 at 09:15 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    shame. I just sold some Vintage Marantz units for dirt cheap @NotoriousTIMP

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Damn! I think I might go hit up some pawn shops and see if I can find anything to hold me over

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Craigslist bro @NotoriousTIMP

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Dude, I'm in Seattle. Hipsters have that shit on lockdown! Haha