Page 54 of 195 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 5839

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Lots of Iron Maiden presale stuff today:
    www.amazon.com/music/ironmaidenvinyl

From their Facebook page:
    "The 7” singles are strictly limited to 5000 each, and the vinyl box set is limited to 2500."

(The LP boxset is fairly misleading, though. It only contains 3 albums; it just has space for 5 more.)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    A friend of mine went down to Mondocon this past weekend and picked up these lovely gems for me. The Looper pressing is totally worth the money. Gold flake foil gatefold and that heavy hand made burlap sack. It's incredible. Also, the Winchester Ale variant of SOTD!!! Going to shoot for the Strawberry Cornetto variant on the online drop too.

Glad to hear Looper is as cool as it looks. I'm gonna have to try for those other three releases as well!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    newest additions:

rachel's - the sea and bells
    cursive - domestica
    mastodon - the hunter (2x45rpm)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Moon OST just showed via FedEx. Decent
    Last edited by BBomkamp; 10-21-2014 at 02:33 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Last edited by Rdm; 09-26-2014 at 03:55 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    all three of the jimmy eat world reissues came today! can't wait to listen to them

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    That Mogwai cover art predicted conchita wurst by >10 years

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    That Mogwai cover art predicted conchita wurst by >10 years
    well, it's technically a reference to the exorcist, so i'm not sure that's correct.

and then i realized you were trying to be funny and i feel like an asshat >.<

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Got the second printing of We Don't Need to Whisper by Angels & Airwaves today. The site made it seem like the consolation prize version - the records being different colors instead of the same color - but I think it actually looks better this way.

(That left one is purple, by the way. It looks nice in direct light, but my camera makes it look really boring here.)

Looks gorgeous and sounds incredibly clear. ShopRadioCast impresses again.
    Last edited by gorast; 09-30-2014 at 04:01 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @NotoriousTIMP : any idea of what the price for that is going to be? I even went to the site myself and couldn't find anything.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    @NotoriousTIMP : any idea of what the price for that is going to be? I even went to the site myself and couldn't find anything.
    Music On Vinyl is typically always about $50 per record.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Mondo is releasing Guardians of the Galaxy: The Awesome Mix Vol. 1 on vinyl, and it will be their first time screen printing the artwork for the packaging! Because of the hand-made aspect, it's kind of pricey ($50), but worth it, as it'll be a true work of art.

Details here
    http://blog.mondotees.com/2014/10/03...luxe-vinyl-lp/

Pre-order here
    http://www.mondotees.com/Guardians-o...ER_p_1642.html

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Hefty price, but for a screen printed jacket, a screen printed handbill, and the Inifinity Stone variant, I just don't see how that price isn't worth it. Ordered the shit out of this immediately!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Thrice's Artist In The Ambulance re-press is finally up for pre-order! and you can get $2.99 (discounted) shipping for pre-ordering, which is even crazier than their $4.99 flat-rate price.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hefty price, but for a screen printed jacket, a screen printed handbill, and the Inifinity Stone variant, I just don't see how that price isn't worth it. Ordered the shit out of this immediately!
    Also pre-ordered, although I just received my sub-$20 deluxe edition in the mail this week. Once I get the Mondo release I'll gift the other version to someone I know will enjoy it.

Speaking on Mondo, I still haven't popped open my Batman 7"ers. Trying to decide which one to keep and what ones to turn into face-value cash to finally go out and get the Mondo Drive release... which I am still kicking myself for not ordering when available.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    Also pre-ordered, although I just received my sub-$20 deluxe edition in the mail this week. Once I get the Mondo release I'll gift the other version to someone I know will enjoy it.
    Keep in mind the Mondo version doesn't include the score, so if that's important to you, you might want to keep both versions.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Keep in mind the Mondo version doesn't include the score, so if that's important to you, you might want to keep both versions.
    Definitely. The Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 is what lured me into the S/T in the first place. Getting the extra LP in the deluxe edition was just a cherry on top. I'll take the Stout screen print and colour variant over the score personally, but thanks for pointing it out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/01/861b927ad70f0a674ca99be57220e752.jpg
    UK A Perfect Circle pre-order: http://www.banquetrecords.com/MOVLP1114

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    arrived today:

if these trees could talk - s/t & above the earth, below the sky 2xLP, limited to 1000 copies on clear
    sounded freakin' fantastic.

also recently arrived in the mail: rosetta - the anaesthete 2xLP (US pressing) on yellow/orange swirl

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    YESSS!!

Just nabbed the Strawberry Cornetto variant of the Shaun of the Dead soundtrack on Mondo's online drop just now. So I'll have the Cornetto AND Winchester variants.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    YESSS!!

Just nabbed the Strawberry Cornetto variant of the Shaun of the Dead soundtrack on Mondo's online drop just now. So I'll have the Cornetto AND Winchester variants.
    Nice! I got the variant too. Resisting the urge to get the regular version as well.

Fingers crossed that I get one of the randomly inserted ZEDs.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just as I hit process order, I got a warning that the Strawberry variant was sold out. Damnit. Oh well, I got Variant A instead.

They really need to upgrade their servers for days like this.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raptors661 View Post
    Just as I hit process order, I got a warning that the Strawberry variant was sold out. Damnit. Oh well, I got Variant A instead.

They really need to upgrade their servers for days like this.
    They accomplished what they set out to do in selling out. No need to upgrade servers. There aren't a lot of those variants to go around.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Nice! I got the variant too. Resisting the urge to get the regular version as well.

Fingers crossed that I get one of the randomly inserted ZEDs.

Anyone have any clue what's on the ZED disc?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Anyone have any clue what's on the ZED disc?
    Nothing. It's just a blank black vinyl disc, intended for use as a weapon against zombies.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Sleater-Kinney • Start Together box set
    all 7 albums remastered in a box with an art print and hardcover book.
    didn't know about this until today.

debating whether or not to get it as i own all of the original pressings of the albums, but i'm such a sucker for box sets (and it sounds like the guy who remastered them really knew what he was doing), and $125 for 7 albums is a pretty amazing deal.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Finally got pics of my Friday the 13th soundtrack:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man you guys have some awesome shit.

Just posting to say it looks like Tomorrow's Modern Boxes is shipping now. I got my notice just a bit ago.

EDIT: Out of (hopeful) curiosity, does anyone have either of the "blood spattered" variants of the recently re-released Creepshow soundtrack? From waxwork records? I tried to get in on the preorder, but couldn't get the variants I wanted (cake icing w/ blood spatter & fluffy grey w/ bloodspatter), so settled for cockroach brown and meteor shit green (lol). Any leads on a decent price or trade I could do for either of those variants?
    Last edited by Amnesiac; 10-08-2014 at 08:22 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    Any leads on a decent price or trade I could do for either of those variants?
    If you're not already, I would suggest joining this message board: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/
    There are MANY rabid soundtrack collectors over there and it's a great place to do some trading and deals with fellow vinyl collectors.