Page 52 of 195 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 5840

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    way more interested in the newly remastered Tron soundtrack i saw as a related item (?) that i had no idea had come out...definitely want to get my hands on that...but $50? yeesh.
    Yeah, I walked away from that one. I'll stick to my OG copy and you can pick one up for $12.

http://www.discogs.com/Wendy-Carlos-...release/715719

In other news, it was another solid mail day today All are gold promo stamped except the Oingo Bingo and the Rob Zombie (2014 Hot Topic Repress)

Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 08-21-2014 at 01:34 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Experience Hendrix is reissuing both The Cry of Love and Rainbow Bridge next month on vinyl:

http://www.jimihendrix.com/us/news/c...p-september-16

Also, @richardp @NotoriousTIMP and anyone else interested in Vinyl Me Please - it hasn't been announced yet, and I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure next month's release is going to be the first LCD Soundsystem record from the hints they're giving out.

edit: or maybe not.
    Last edited by Landshark; 08-22-2014 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Best Buy is having a pretty decent vinyl sale: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/sa...-albums-126419

I picked up:

Rage Against the Machine - XX Anniversary LP
    Wu Tang - 36 Chambers
    Mad Season - Above

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just pre-ordered the new Aphex Twin record and spotted they had Windowlicker in for £4.99 too so ordered that one as well. Got a bunch of stuff coming in the next few days. Latest additions:

Arctic Monkeys - AM
    Fever Ray - Triangle Walks 12"
    FKA Twigs - LP1
    The Knife - Deep Cuts
    The Knife - Take My Breath Away 12"
    The Knife - Shaking The Habitual
    St. Vincent - s/t

considering ordering a few others off Amazon as well, but need to make sure I can afford it all first, only got paid for this month on Thursday and already spent plenty on vinyl!!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

fantastic birthday present (part 1/2):

Ps my camera lens is dirty and knackered, not my wall

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Ok, just got back from San Francisco and I managed to snag a few records while I was there.

First up, my best friend (who originally turned me on to vinyl many years ago) hooked me up with the two Horrors albums as well as the new Spoon LP on white wax (this album is definitely making my best of 2014 list!). I also picked up the clear blue/green (forgot which one it is) variant of Spoon thats available only at Urban Outfitters as well as The Dead Weather LP for only $19.99.

Then I came home to this Gold Promo Stamped copy of The Wall and JT's FutureSex/LoveSounds LP. The left slipmat is from the Jack White show I went to in SF on Saturday night. If you get a chance to see JW live, DO IT. This was my first time seeing him and I loved every moment of it.

Finally, I had the chance to stop by Sub Pop's new store that is located in the SeaTac airport. This place was AWESOME. Loads of Loser edition vinyls as well as a few RSD stuff. If you ever fly into Seattle, you need to swing by Terminal C and take a look at their stuff. Sadly, you cannot just walk into SeaTac and head right to their store since its located inside the terminal

Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 08-26-2014 at 09:50 PM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I went to Amoeba today and all I picked up was Merchandise's After the End. I should have picked up fka Twigs' LP1. I asked about Run the Jewels as I didn't see it, but it is on back order.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    True to form, my fuckwit of a postman decided to chuck my The Knife single and Aphex Twin Windowlicker record through the window. it's about 5' from ground level, both with FRAGILE tape. Trying to find out if I can complain to Royal Mail online, cos I'm never home while the local post offices are open [the joys of doing a 140 mile commute...]

Quote Originally Posted by Al_Hunter View Post
    Just pre-ordered the new Aphex Twin record and spotted they had Windowlicker in for £4.99 too so ordered that one as well. Got a bunch of stuff coming in the next few days. Latest additions:

Arctic Monkeys - AM
    Fever Ray - Triangle Walks 12"
    FKA Twigs - LP1
    The Knife - Deep Cuts
    The Knife - Take My Breath Away 12"
    The Knife - Shaking The Habitual
    St. Vincent - s/t

considering ordering a few others off Amazon as well, but need to make sure I can afford it all first, only got paid for this month on Thursday and already spent plenty on vinyl!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Here's one - the centre hole of my FKA Twigs record appears to be marginally too small to fit over the spindle of my record player. It will go on, but takes a bit of force and is equally difficult to remove. I suspect, long term, this will result in damage to the LP. Anyone got any suggestions to what I can do with this?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Here's one - the centre hole of my FKA Twigs record appears to be marginally too small to fit over the spindle of my record player. It will go on, but takes a bit of force and is equally difficult to remove. I suspect, long term, this will result in damage to the LP. Anyone got any suggestions to what I can do with this?
    i have lots of records like that. i just try to be really careful when removing it. getting it on is much easier, because you can just push down much closer to the center (over the label), but removing it requires lifting by the edges, which can result in potential warping. sorry

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Sucks... Thanks for the reply tho. I suspected that might be that case.

On a different note, this thread has been a treasure trove of bands I'd never heard of that I absolutely must now own their entire discographies (The Horrors and Beach House to name but two...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice Stuff!!
    A Jack White and Trent fan?? Nice!!
    Are you also a big Neil Young fan, because that would make us best friends..

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Ok, just got back from San Francisco and I managed to snag a few records while I was there.

First up, my best friend (who originally turned me on to vinyl many years ago) hooked me up with the two Horrors albums as well as the new Spoon LP on white wax (this album is definitely making my best of 2014 list!). I also picked up the clear blue/green (forgot which one it is) variant of Spoon thats available only at Urban Outfitters as well as The Dead Weather LP for only $19.99.

Then I came home to this Gold Promo Stamped copy of The Wall and JT's FutureSex/LoveSounds LP. The left slipmat is from the Jack White show I went to in SF on Saturday night. If you get a chance to see JW live, DO IT. This was my first time seeing him and I loved every moment of it.

Finally, I had the chance to stop by Sub Pop's new store that is located in the SeaTac airport. This place was AWESOME. Loads of Loser edition vinyls as well as a few RSD stuff. If you ever fly into Seattle, you need to swing by Terminal C and take a look at their stuff. Sadly, you cannot just walk into SeaTac and head right to their store since its located inside the terminal

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    listening to this recent acquisition at the moment: coil - gold is the metal (with the broadest shoulders)

unfortunately, near the beginning of side one track 5 (the broken wheel, coincidentally), there's a terrible backwards skip. so john keeps going "one two" followed by a GIANT POP and then it repeats. it's easy enough to manually pass but i shouldn't have to do that with a record that was listed as NM >.<

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    ^^^^
    Have you tried cleaning the record? Sometimes it's just a piece of dust that is causing the skip and the scratch you're seeing is just a visual blemish

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    ^^^^
    Have you tried cleaning the record? Sometimes it's just a piece of dust that is causing the skip and the scratch you're seeing is just a visual blemish
    yeah, i clean every side with my discwasher (dry) before listening. it's definitely a fucked up groove :/

speaking of my discwasher, i have literally never used it with the fluid, and i went to do so the other day (because i had bought a record that had way more dust/debris on it than usual), and the bottle was empty...so i guess it just evaporated. can you still get the D4+ fluid anywhere and is it actually useful?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    yeah, i clean every side with my discwasher (dry) before listening. it's definitely a fucked up groove :/

speaking of my discwasher, i have literally never used it with the fluid, and i went to do so the other day (because i had bought a record that had way more dust/debris on it than usual), and the bottle was empty...so i guess it just evaporated. can you still get the D4+ fluid anywhere and is it actually useful?
    You definitely can! (There are also other options around amazon...)

http://www.amazon.com/THREE-BOTTLES-...+Fluid+Refills

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I FINALLY got my Man-Bat 7" from Mondo! Really stoked about this. Wish the Joker wouldn't have sold out while it was in my cart, but oh well, at least I got one of the releases.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    ^ You lucky bastard. I was gonna try for any one of those releases, but work had me on a ball and chain that whole day. Good get, though! I picked up their Jurassic Park release a while ago and managed to get one of the random dilophosaurus-pattern wax versions.

On a side-note - can you really go right or wrong with any particular record cleaning kits/machines? I'm thinking about getting something, but after seeing how much some of those cost, I wanna see if I can get a little input on brands and packages and the like. Not that I have a problem spending the money, I just want to be sure I get as much as I can for it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    On a side-note - can you really go right or wrong with any particular record cleaning kits/machines? I'm thinking about getting something, but after seeing how much some of those cost, I wanna see if I can get a little input on brands and packages and the like. Not that I have a problem spending the money, I just want to be sure I get as much as I can for it.
    i've had my discwasher for at least 10 years and i still love it. two to three quick passes holding it lightly on the side of the record you're about to play while it's spinning and you're golden. i'm glad they still make the D4 fluid for it in case i ever need that, so i'm guessing they still make the brushes themselves?

edit: i just looked and, though they do, they're shitty knock-offs of the original that don't really work. so you should look into something else. sorry for the unhelpful post >.<

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    sorry for the double post, but not really!

my band just succeeded in funding our album getting pressed on vinyl! we still have a couple days left in the campaign, though, and a couple stretch goals we'd really like to hit.

i'm certain many of you would enjoy our music, so please, check it out here!

and also check out the amazing artwork my friend alicia (who also did all the art for the album) made for the companion EP:

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    i've had my discwasher for at least 10 years and i still love it. two to three quick passes holding it lightly on the side of the record you're about to play while it's spinning and you're golden. i'm glad they still make the D4 fluid for it in case i ever need that, so i'm guessing they still make the brushes themselves?

edit: i just looked and, though they do, they're shitty knock-offs of the original that don't really work. so you should look into something else. sorry for the unhelpful post >.<
    You can still find the original brushes on eBay at a reasonable price.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Recent Arrivals:

Danny Elfman - Batman The Animated Series 7" (Clayface & Man Bat)
    Danny Elfman - Batman (Original Motion Picture) (Gold Stamped Promo)
    Melodys Echo Chamber - S/T
    Honey Is Cool - Crazy Love (White LP ltd to 500)
    Andrew Bird - Break It Yourself (Limited Edition)
    Temples - Sun Structures
    Radiohead - King Of Limbs 10" (Clear 45 rpm)
    Animal Collective - Honeycomb/Gotham 7"
    Light Asylum - S/T (Numbered Orange Transparent)
    Alessandro Cortini - Sonno
    Atoms For Peace - Amok
    Andrew Bird - Norman Soundtrack
    Last edited by hologram parade; 08-30-2014 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So I got these babies in the mail last week.

One of the best albums ever.

Also got a second copy for my friend's birthday, hopefully he flips out like a little kid. Halo has played a big part in our friendship since meeting in high school.

Then some recent second hand purchases:

Faith No More - Introduce Yourself (finally!)
    David Bowie - Tonight
    2001: A Space Odyssey OST
    The Jesus & Mary Chain - Automatic
    REM - Monster

-edit-

Forgot to mention Tomahawk's M.E.A.T. 7"
    Last edited by Fangster_; 08-30-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just got The Knife's Gender Bender ep off Discogs. Just under £30 which I'm happy with for a numbered vinyl. Getting no 334 😃

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Monster is pretty much my favorite REM album. I got it for just 20 euro, but the condition of the record is what brought the price down a notch. Only a couple light marks here and there, nothing major. Would've still bought it if someone had cracked it in half.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Just got The Knife's Gender Bender ep off Discogs. Just under £30 which I'm happy with for a numbered vinyl. Getting no 334 
    I just wanna say how awesome Discogs has been for me. It's had a pretty good variety of stuff I've been unable to find elsewhere, and usually for fair prices. A couple weeks ago, I had to pass up on buying a record from a seller for about $70, plus another $25 for shipping. This week, I saw he'd re-posted it for $50, bringing the total price to $75 total. Woop woop!

But it's gonna be a LOOOONG time before I can even joke about coughing up $450-600 for Thrice's Alchemy Index box set with individually colored wax. That asking price is a joke.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    Radiohead - King Of Limbs 10" (Clear 45 rpm)
    you didn't buy that from me on discogs, did you? i feel really awful because the person who bought it from me reported an 8" split in the "jacket" which i didn't even remember was inside the outer plastic wrapping... i don't know what to do about it.

my most recent acquisitions (four of them thanks to @NotoriousTIMP for the tip on the best buy vinyl sale):

incubus - a crow left of the murder
    gary numan - splinter
    modest mouse - the moon and antarctica
    tom waits - swordfish trombones
    king crimson - three of a perfect pair

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So, out of curiosity I just had a look on XL's online web store to see if they'd ship to the UK. Sure enough it's an option so I put my $35 The Horrors LP bundle in my cart, go to checkout and select UK from the drop down list- $63 shipping. ABORT! ABORT! Bit disappointing...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Looks like some of my prayers are getting answered. Represses of Modest Mouses' Lonesome Crowded West and This is a Long Drive... are coming.
    http://modern-vinyl.com/2014/09/01/l...ting-reissued/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    my most recent acquisitions (four of them thanks to @NotoriousTIMP for the tip on the best buy vinyl sale):
    *ahem* I believe that was me with the best buy sale tip