Page 51 of 195 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 5840

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    The vinyl hype train just keeps on going. These two 90s relics are now being pressed...though I'm not entirely certain either one are terribly necessary.

Spin Doctors - Pocket Full of Kryptonite
    Terminator 2 Soundtrack
    the first one? definitely not.
    the second? absolutely. one of my favorite film scores ever.

listening to my copy of Holywood and realizing that it's in much better condition than i had thought (the first record; about to get to the second one and i'm hoping it'll be fine as well)

built a new ikea bookshelf today for all our DVDs because i had them on my second expedit unit, and i've been buying records way too much lately, so i ran out of room in the first unit.
    now i need to get doors for the secondary unit, which are still $15 each, unfortunately, so there goes $120 plus tax. >.<

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    $45 for the T2 OST.....*ugh* can you say "CASH GRAB!" 3 times really fast? Yeah, its an amazing soundtrack to one of the best films ever made, but thats just too much $$$.

Spin Doctors.....eh, I can see this being a big deal for those people who are die-hard 90's one hit wonder fans. Again though, the price is too much. That LP should be $19.99 max......

In other news, here is my new haul from the mail today.......

THIS was $34 well spent.....

$14.00 via Discogs.....really guys, this is a pretty decent album and I highly recommend it.

And this is what happens when I drink rum and have access to the internet. I seriously do not remember ordering these......does anyone want a copy for $10 + shipping? I'll let the top copy go that is also a gold promo stamped version.

Another bootleg, but this thing looks amazing in person. I had no idea it was limited out of 1000 copies too......

Tried out some new sleeves from Mobile Fiedelity Sound Lab and I think I'm going to keep buying these from here on out. They're REALLY nice quality and truly are anti-static.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    and finally, I splurged on some Oingo Boingo gold promo stamped LPs that were not in the collection yet

Sorry if my constant bumping of this thread annoys any of you. I know I've been buying a shit ton of vinyl over the past month, its just my form of therapy given all that has happened with my family.
    Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 08-14-2014 at 12:32 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    The vinyl hype train just keeps on going. These two 90s relics are now being pressed...though I'm not entirely certain either one are terribly necessary.

Terminator 2 Soundtrack
    Dude yeah, for people who are thick into the Soundtrack game, like myself, that T2 press is much anticipated.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    have the day off for a wedding later today so i've been listening to records while doing various things around the apartment.

earlier i listened to Tomahawk's Oddfellows and it's still great, but not as amazing as Mit Gas.

just now i broke out my copy of The Rising Tide by Sunny Day Real Estate, which i haven't listened to in over ten years. bringing back lots of memories. the bassline for "killed by an angel" was the first thing i ever figured out by ear when i was teaching myself how to play bass. also, the record is on a gorgeous semi-translucent emerald green.

i love days like this where i just get to listen to records all day.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone here a member of Vinyl Me Please? Just signed up last month and got my first shipment today. Every month they select an album to send out (often exclusive variants) along with an art print. This month's was "Lost in the Dream" by The War On Drugs who I haven't checked out before. Not bad so far.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I've never heard of "Vinyl Me, Please" but I'm definitely interested now. That War On Drugs album is fantastic. Love that green variant.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Picked up the new-ish Warren Zevon live album, Headless in Boston. I really hope the sudden issue of an old performance means reissuing and releasing his old stuff onto black at last, there's a hole in my collection where The Wind and Mr Bad Example should be.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I've never heard of "Vinyl Me, Please" but I'm definitely interested now. That War On Drugs album is fantastic. Love that green variant.
    You can sign up at vinylmeplease.com to request an invite - took me just under a week to get in. Pretty impressed so far.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Today's shipment!

Pretty pumped for this one.....not bad for $22 and its an EU pressing which was kinda cool and unexpected.

German Test Pressing of "Nature of Love" - I bought this thinking it was a US test press so this is a pretty cool surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    You can sign up at vinylmeplease.com to request an invite - took me just under a week to get in. Pretty impressed so far.
    Request sent. How much does it cost each month?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Request sent. How much does it cost each month?
    If you do the monthly plan it's $27 per month, but you can do 3 months at a time for $75 or annually for $284.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    anyone else here dig this guy or his other project black moth super rainbow? for some reason ive always liked tobacco stuff more

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Discovered that this relic of 90s nu-metal nostalgia was a thing and HAD to have it.

It's pressed pretty poorly though, which kind of sucks. The Incubus track on Side A won't play at all due to slight outer warping and an enlarged spindle hole and skips around like crazy despite several good cleans and a tone arm adjustment. But, I really didn't pay much for it and the guy is willing to refund me like $5 bucks over it, so I guess that's acceptable.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I'm out of town but I was able to pick up some very nice vinyl that someone sold to the store. I got an absolute perfect copy of massive attack's 100th window, and Boards of Canada original copy of music has the right to children -never played and it looks perfect. I'm guessing both came from the same buyer. The BOC vinyl was 75 and the massive attack was 60. I also got tool's salival on vinyl, it looks like not an official release but who cares if it sounds good, right?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    ^^^
    How much was that TOOL record? I put one back in the bin because I wasn't sure if it was worth the $50. At the same time though, it's got a track (No Quarter I think) that was from the '98 warm up tour from the San Diego show I went to.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    I'm out of town but I was able to pick up some very nice vinyl that someone sold to the store. I got an absolute perfect copy of massive attack's 100th window, and Boards of Canada original copy of music has the right to children -never played and it looks perfect. I'm guessing both came from the same buyer. The BOC vinyl was 75 and the massive attack was 60. I also got tool's salival on vinyl, it looks like not an official release but who cares if it sounds good, right?
    ^^^
    How much was that TOOL record? I put one back in the bin because I wasn't sure if it was worth the $50. At the same time though, it's got a track (No Quarter I think) that was from the '98 warm up tour from the San Diego show I went to.
    i didn't think salival got released on vinyl. i thought it was just CD & DVD or CD & VHS.

got Selenography by Rachel's (my favorite album of theirs) and i can't wait to spin it.
    also just ordered Three Of A Perfect Pair by King Crimson from a third party seller on amazon because it was a better price and better condition than the ones on discogs. it was driving me crazy that i had the other two 80s albums and not that one.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i didn't think salival got released on vinyl. i thought it was just CD & DVD or CD & VHS.
    Oh it's a total bootleg

But it's got so many cool color variants

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1212394

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I went to pick up a buddy for the Soundgarden/NIN show last night and he gave me one of these - Toadies Texas-shaped picture disc with two live songs, "Possum Kingdom" and "I Burn". Not my pictures but this is the front and back, pretty cool:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Oh it's a total bootleg

But it's got so many cool color variants

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1212394
    its totally fake but it's not fake because it's playing on my record player?JK.I honestly think it's cool.

I was super happy to see the spiritualized vinyl, it's official too. It's the live royal Albert hall October 10 1997. Only 3000 made. TIMP I got it for 36 dollars . All the records I bought this weekend are steals IMO, they are in super mint condition.
    Last edited by Rdm; 08-18-2014 at 01:13 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    What's really cool is that Spiritualized Live at Royal Albert record. How much did you pay for that?

I went dumpster bin diving today, and got some RANDOM stuff...

like,

"featuring Sniper and other Love Songs"

99 cents each

EDIT: Holy shit... Jungle Drums is the most disappointing thing ever. You look at that amazing cover, and you hope for so many things. None of those things you hoped for happen. Musically this is.. it sounds like discarded theme park music. Fuck you Morton Gould.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-18-2014 at 03:14 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    selling a few things from my collection, would be happy to talk via PM rather than on discogs. willing to negotiate listed prices a bit for people on here.

The Appleseed Cast - Low Level Owl vol I + II 3xLP, NM, played twice. $45
    Broken Bells - s/t NM, played once, comes with poster. $35
    Deftones - Saturday Night Wrist NM, played once. $17
    Joanna Newsom - Have One On Me 3xLP Box, NM, played once. $25
    Radiohead - The King Of Limbs 2x10" Deluxe Edition, NM, unplayed, comes with all the stuff: CD, newspaper, & blotting sheet in carefully opened outer bag. $45

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I wish it was illegal to electronically turn mono into stereo #petpeeve

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    What's really cool is that Spiritualized Live at Royal Albert record. How much did you pay
    38.99 came to 40.21 with tax

Ohh man the dumpster diving thing reminded me of that guy in the transformer's thread.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Selling off a small chunk of my collection. If anyone is interested in checking out the list, click here.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The Zombies are doing a PledgeMusic for a new album and it's got vinyl, woop http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/thezombies

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Possibly a long shot, but is anyone in here going to the Coheed & Cambria In Keeping Secrets Neverender tour, and would be willing to pick me up a copy of the tour exclusive 2XLP re-release?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tried out some new sleeves from Mobile Fiedelity Sound Lab and I think I'm going to keep buying these from here on out. They're REALLY nice quality and truly are anti-static.
    I use these all the time, and just loaded up on more the other day. You'd be hard-pressed to find a better record sleeve out there.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    The it looks like "The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste" is getting another repress, but this time its two different limited edition variants.

First up: 150 GRAM OPAQUE GOLD COLORED VINYL LIMITED TO 1500, FOIL-NUMBERED
    Second up: 200 GRAM BLACK VINYL LIMITED TO 1500, FOIL-NUMBERED

Price: $31.98

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    way more interested in the newly remastered Tron soundtrack i saw as a related item (?) that i had no idea had come out...definitely want to get my hands on that...but $50? yeesh.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    way more interested in the newly remastered Tron soundtrack i saw as a related item (?) that i had no idea had come out...definitely want to get my hands on that...but $50? yeesh.
    Yeah Disney is out of their fucking minds with that one.