Page 12 of 195 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just received my numbered Koi No Yokan in the mail. Looks and sounds fantastic.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This is actually a pretty tempting release. Is it not worth it alone just for Duel Of The Fates?

http://iamshark.limitedrun.com/produ...t-2xlp-limited

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    This is actually a pretty tempting release. Is it not worth it alone just for Duel Of The Fates?

http://iamshark.limitedrun.com/produ...t-2xlp-limited
    The music is great (nothing to do with the movie), i own this release on CD and i wasn't disappointed, im thinking on buying the vinyl myself!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I can't decide if I want Hyperdrive or Darth Maul

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Definitely Hyperdrive...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I decided to go ahead and get the UK repress of Mechanical Animals and while I've only listened to the Manson (not Omega) disc, I think it sounds great so far! Very happy with it!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Just got these two today to add to my aphex vinyl collection
    Last edited by Rdm; 01-31-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Bought on vinyl today

FareWell Poetry - Hoping for the Invisible to Ignite

BTW I bought the drive LP, from some dude on amazon) and I specifically asked if he had the pink vinyl and he said yes and I got the black vinyl in the mail. Sent that shit back and bought one from where TIMP posted . It's a shame the fountain does not have a pressing

Also bought on vinyl

Dead Can Dance-Anastasis

some cool shit coming in. I am possessed to fill my 500 lp furniture shelve.
    Last edited by Rdm; 01-31-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Finally got this one in the mail ! Yay

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I start off this year with Pedro the Lion - "Winners Never Quit" and Spaceghostpurrp - "Chronicles of Spaceghostpurrp"

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i think i have most if not all of pedro the lion's stuff on vinyl. one of those bands that, even as a teenager (when they were actually around), i knew belonged on vinyl.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Those are awesome, though a bit pricey. $30 for a frame? You can find LP frames at Michael's for like $10. It's only a little more extra effort to take them in and out of the frame.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Those are awesome, though a bit pricey. $30 for a frame? You can find LP frames at Michael's for like $10. It's only a little more extra effort to take them in and out of the frame.
    Very true. They're definitely expensive but I'm very attracted to the quality of the material and convenience of it all. I'm hurtin' money-wise right now, so I don't think I'll be getting any, but thought I should share!

Here are some overdue pictures of my recent Kate Bush acquisition:

Here's my very lovely UNKLE "The Answer" EP, which unfortunately has some scratches on the packaging, but fortunately kind of fits with the aesthetic of the photography.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Grouper- dragging a dead deer uphill has a repressing, and can be ordered through amazon . It was released today Along with her new album. If you know grouper vinyls, they don't last long. So get it ASAP. They will be on ebay for for a shit load, especially dragging a deer . Just a heads up. If you are a fan get on it in the next couple of days . She usually presses 500 copies per album or EP/LP
    Last edited by Rdm; 02-06-2013 at 08:36 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I finally got grouper - dragging a dead deer uphill and her new new album the man who dies on his boat

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I am jealous of your grouper vinyl. I'm very close to ordering her collab with Tiny Vipers, Mirrorring, which I love - maybe more than any grouper release, which is saying something.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    My next vinyl purchase will be her last double vinyl and the 7 inch Hold/sic which i believe is up there with heavy water/I rather be sleeping. she really is a musician that can a mood, well for me that is. Loved the last one and the one its still growing on me but i love 4 of the songs alrea

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i should probably get that grouper record, too. i like all of her stuff more or less, but dragging a dead deer up a hill hit me HARD when it came out, and was the soundtrack for an entire year. so probably now or never...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    picked up Mogwai's A Wrenched Virile Lore the other day. I love the second LP. the first LP hasn't stuck with me as well, other than the Zombi remix and the Mogwai is My Dick remix. Overall, I'm glad I picked it up, being that it's limited edition, colored vinyl, and part of the Mogwai discog. Now if I could only come across a copy of Mr. Beast or Come On Die Young when I have the cash to spend!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasisity View Post
    picked up Mogwai's A Wrenched Virile Lore the other day. I love the second LP. the first LP hasn't stuck with me as well, other than the Zombi remix and the Mogwai is My Dick remix. Overall, I'm glad I picked it up, being that it's limited edition, colored vinyl, and part of the Mogwai discog. Now if I could only come across a copy of Mr. Beast or Come On Die Young when I have the cash to spend!
    There's a planned reissue of CODY, along the lines of the Mogwai Young Team one, this year.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasisity View Post
    i got Mr. Beast on vinyl when i saw them at the logan square auditorium in chicago on that tour. man, that was fucking loud.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Yeah they are loud as fuck but extremely enjoyable to watch/listen to. Personally I would rather have Happy songs for happy people on vinyl, good luck cause it cost like 250 average.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I start off this year with Pedro the Lion - "Winners Never Quit"
    most depressing album ever.

also, while I'm here... I like collecting collectable things too, but colored vinyl doesn't sound as good as black vinyl.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 02-08-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Saw this and thought of you guys...

DIY Phono Preamp

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This thread introduced me to Grouper. Thank you, guys.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    most depressing album ever.
    It really is, not to go into too much of a soapbox but I really got into Pedro the Lion around the time of my first real relationship and Winners Never Quit seemed to always kind of fit the mood when things were going sour. It's such a sad and self contained violent record but I really do think it's some of my favorite work from Bazan.

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i think i have most if not all of pedro the lion's stuff on vinyl. one of those bands that, even as a teenager (when they were actually around), i knew belonged on vinyl.
    Agreed. I was thinking of getting "Find A Friend" and "Control" on vinyl soon but I just have to find them.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    ..."Control" on vinyl soon but I just have to find them.
    Control is on clear vinyl and it sounds great. it also comes with the same liner notes booklet that comes with the CD (and it's CD-sized, which always makes me laugh).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    http://www.thinktankmedia.co.uk/blog/Atoms

Really cool little blurb about making the deluxe edition of the new Atoms for Peace record. Seems like we're in for a real treat with the deluxe LP!