Page 121 of 195 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 5845

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Holy crap @eversonpoe that's a collection all right.
    were you referring to frank's post above? i wish i had that many records!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    were you referring to frank's post above? i wish i had that many records!
    Oh bugger I was. Sorry for the mix up. Now to share yours

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Oh bugger I was. Sorry for the mix up. Now to share yours
    https://www.discogs.com/user/eversonpoe/collection

that's not as cool as a picture but my collection is in multiple Kallax units with doors on them so it doesn't look nearly as cool as frank's

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Good day shopping...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Last edited by MrLobster; 06-06-2018 at 08:07 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://www.discogs.com/user/haloeighteen/collection

The vast majority of my CD's aren't listed there.. and probably won't ever be hahah

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    The vast majority of my CD's aren't listed there.. and probably won't ever be hahah
    Once I get into encoding my CDs again, I'll be adding mine... I think I only have the Black Box set in there right now.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Once I get into encoding my CDs again, I'll be adding mine... I think I only have the Black Box set in there right now.
    Most of mine are all in totes, buried very deep in the basement. Maybe someday I'll get around to digging through those, but I can't imagine why. And they're just about all worth pennies now, so that's the disheartening part. I do have quite a few CD singles on spin racks that are readily accessible. I'll have to play around with the scan feature and see if it's easy to get those up. At the very least I should get my full NIN collection posted..

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Most of mine are all in totes, buried very deep in the basement. Maybe someday I'll get around to digging through those, but I can't imagine why. And they're just about all worth pennies now, so that's the disheartening part. I do have quite a few CD singles on spin racks that are readily accessible. I'll have to play around with the scan feature and see if it's easy to get those up. At the very least I should get my full NIN collection posted..
    While I am on a quest to replace all my CDs with the vinyl versions (if available... I mean "Super Sexy Swingin' Sounds" would be great on vinyl but unless they reissue it, I don't think I'll pay the going Discogs price), it's going to a while yet before that gets all sorted out... see keep telling myself that I'll add more CDs once I'm done with vinyl. The problem being... not done with vinyl. But it's a lame excuse really... I should just knuckle down and start encoding them.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    While I am on a quest to replace all my CDs with the vinyl versions (if available... I mean "Super Sexy Swingin' Sounds" would be great on vinyl but unless they reissue it, I don't think I'll pay the going Discogs price), it's going to a while yet before that gets all sorted out... see keep telling myself that I'll add more CDs once I'm done with vinyl. The problem being... not done with vinyl. But it's a lame excuse really... I should just knuckle down and start encoding them.
    It looks I haven't updated anything I've bought in the past year, so I'm going to have a ton of fun trying to figure out what's not listed. At one point all my vinyl was up to date, I swear. I'm off work all next week, so maybe I'll make some progress lol.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    It looks I haven't updated anything I've bought in the past year, so I'm going to have a ton of fun trying to figure out what's not listed. At one point all my vinyl was up to date, I swear. I'm off work all next week, so maybe I'll make some progress lol.
    that's why i post pictures of new stuff as i listen to it, so i have a chronological log of it on my tumblr!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    here's my discogs, for anyone who has a lot of time to spare!
    https://www.discogs.com/user/frankieteardrop/collection

most of my cds aren't here either, just some rare/cool ones!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Always fun to share, my tastes are all over the map...

https://www.discogs.com/user/mattyc910/collection?header=1

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I like sharing, too, even though my collection is definitely not on the same level as most people here.

https://www.discogs.com/user/finaldestiny/collection

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    here's my discog, currently completing my very small collection

and here are my two new best friends :

The Tony Williams Lifetime ‎– Emergency! Vol. 2, an avant-garde jazz-rock album from 1969

Cover

Close-up

Urban Sax - Urban Sax 1, an experimental jazzy-classical drone album, with mainly a lot of sax, from 1977. Their performance could have up to 50 people playing, mainly with an absurdly great amount of saxophones.

Cover

Close-up

PS : I'll post pics of my CTG and TDTWWA vinyl this weekend

edit : Emergency is an original pressing but Urban Sax is a recent re-edition
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 06-06-2018 at 08:57 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So, real Discogs talk... do you add information to releases you own but the information is lacking? Do you "review" items in your collection?

Yes (cover pics and runout etchings typically) and yes for me (I like to know if a release has a good reputation in terms of pressing or volume levels).

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    All the other kids are doing it. Only been collecting since last summer.
    Last edited by imail724; 06-06-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post

The Tony Williams Lifetime ‎– Emergency! Vol. 2, an avant-garde jazz-rock album from 1969
    Excellent find! Would definitely recommend Vol. 1; this was the period where John McLaughlin was introduced to Miles Davis. Also recommend 70's Herbie Hancock if you're into free jazz.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    So, real Discogs talk... do you add information to releases you own but the information is lacking? Do you "review" items in your collection?

Yes (cover pics and runout etchings typically) and yes for me (I like to know if a release has a good reputation in terms of pressing or volume levels).
    Yeah of course, I particularly like when informations are lacking for me to complete on a certain edition, that means I'm actually contributing Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Excellent find! Would definitely recommend Vol. 1; this was the period where John McLaughlin was introduced to Miles Davis. Also recommend 70's Herbie Hancock if you're into free jazz.
    Oh yeah I will try to find it too if I really like this one. I'm discovering jazz actually. Always orbited around it without really diving into it. Just very recently discovered the wonders of improvisation, the slight difference that makes a whole world between seemingly similar artists. Beginner stuff. I listened to some cool experimental stuff on r/letstalkmusic, some modern free jazz, that I really appreciated. I'll try your recommendation.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    https://www.discogs.com/user/JBriggz/collection

I've been with my husband for 13 years but truly had no idea how obsessive he was (a trait we certainly share) until we started collecting vinyl. He catalogs everything we buy on Discogs immediately after purchase (so we know when we bought it) with notes that include the price we paid and where we purchased from. I give him a hard time about it but it's actually pretty damn adorable and I have no doubt the information will be interesting to reflect on in the coming years.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    hard times around here due to medical issues preventing me from work = gotta sell some lovely vinyl sadly, take a peak if you're interested over at discogs

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    hard times around here due to medical issues preventing me from work = gotta sell some lovely vinyl sadly, take a peak if you're interested over at discogs
    is your back still fucked up??? ugh i'm so sorry

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    is your back still fucked up??? ugh i'm so sorry
    unfortunately yes

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Nice! I've got the blue too (just ordered the hot pink repress). Now just have to wait for Tim to repress Endless Summer and Days of Thunder so I can get some different colorways of those as well haha...were originally just pressed on normal black. He asked me to DM a picture once I got mine so I sent him this:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Nice! I've got the blue too (just ordered the hot pink repress). Now just have to wait for Tim to repress Endless Summer and Days of Thunder so I can get some different colorways of those as well haha...were originally just pressed on normal black.
    If they ever pop up give me a heads up.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    If they ever pop up give me a heads up.
    He's gonna be repressing both for sure, but probably not until after their September tour (working on the new album now).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    http://i.imgur.com/QSukZV2.jpg

Found a new record store, it's amazing, immediately bought this.. only 15€ each and those are original pressing in perfect condition ! And he got plenty others at his house he said, and he got some super rare experimental stuff that he just let you examine how you want. Practically every progpsych albums of the 60/70 you ever wanted to find in the wild, big collection of krautrock because why not.. Also an original pressing of dark side of the moon with original posters and stuff in the sleeve lol.. Well anyway, I'm going back tomorrow for more.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)