Page 116 of 195 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,480 of 5846

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    After much delay it's set up. Up to taking moderately priced speaker suggestions.

Also new album came, though I have so many many more rolling in,

Converge - You Fail Me Redux (Clear with Red and White splatter vinyl, LE to 1000 copies)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've been listening to loads of Dan Andriano lately - his songwriting is incredible. The guy is like an alchemist when it comes to writing three and four chord songs that end up absolute gold.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The past 2 or 3 weeks have been... expensive.
    Last edited by imail724; 04-07-2018 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    The past 2 or 3 weeks have been... expensive.
    Same. Different albums of course but I’ve bought around 7 or 8 records in the last week alone.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Same. Different albums of course but I’ve bought around 7 or 8 records in the last week alone.
    I gotta block myself from Amazon and eBay for a few months

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I gotta block myself from Amazon and eBay for a few months
    eBay and Discogs are my danger zones.

Nice Homie the Clown slipmat?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Yup haha. Looks great with a clear record on top of it

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    while carrying a box of records into our new place today (alphabetically - CAN through Circa Survive), my wife tripped on an uneven piece of sidewalk and totally ate it. she immediately apologized for the records (the box broke her fall) but all i cared about was her. goes to show you that no matter how much i love my collection, no matter how much money i've put into it, it still pales in comparison to a person i care about. her knee is like the size of a fucking grapefruit and her hands are a bit scraped up, but she'll be ok. and it seems like that box of records will be fine, too. i'm just glad she wasn't carrying one of the metal milk crates, because then she probably would have broken a rib or two.

also, sold my Botch box set to a guy who found me on discogs, paid me on paypal so i could avoid extra fees, and ended up being local so he swung by and picked it up today. he seems like a really nice dude and actually invited me to an audiophile group who gets together to listen to records (and no one but him likes metal, so i'd be a good addition to the group haha).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    eBay and Discogs are my danger zones.

D'oh! That is Krusty the Clown... haha, you got me all excited like "OMFG A HOMIE D. CLOWN SLIPMAT?!?!!?" But apparently Homie don't play that.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    D'oh! That is Krusty the Clown... haha, you got me all excited like "OMFG A HOMIE D. CLOWN SLIPMAT?!?!!?" But apparently Homie don't play that.
    You're thinking of Homey the Clown. The slipmat is Homie the Clown

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    You're thinking of Homey the Clown. The slipmat is Homie the Clown
    Dammit. Now I get it. "D'oh!"

But uh... if anyone finds a Homey D. Clown slip mat.. let a brother know...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I have the second parts to both of them, figured I should pick up the first. And there's a third of that "Deutsche Elektronische Musik" series out that was supposed to be at the shop today but nooooooo.... *sigh*

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I've been conservative on the record purchases this year due to baby costs, but I did manage to grab these three for good deals this week:

Pictured:
    Morphine - Good (sounds awesome so far)
    Jeff Buckley - Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk (sounds at least as good as the CD if not better. Uses original press stampers)
    Timber Timbre - s/t (picked this up when I saw them last night. They sounded amazing live, even if they did it all electric and no acoustic)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Fyi Newbury Comics is have a 40% off everything sale today only. I had to put stuff back because my arms were full. Hard to narrow it down just to these 4 (and the socks)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    That Massive Attack "Collected" I'm hoping to grab this year sometime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I've been conservative on the record purchases this year due to baby costs, but I did manage to grab these three for good deals this week:

Pictured:
    Morphine - Good (sounds awesome so far)
    Jeff Buckley - Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk (sounds at least as good as the CD if not better. Uses original press stampers)
    Timber Timbre - s/t (picked this up when I saw them last night. They sounded amazing live, even if they did it all electric and no acoustic)

That Morphine album is in my top 10 of all time. Don't have it on LP but recently grabbed a NOS sealed cassette copy.

Also picked up a spin clean the other day. Not floored by it, but it works as advertised.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    As stated! So glad to have this in my collection! I also managed to find a copy of the most recent repress for In The Nightside Eclipse on eBay for auction. wish me luck @Prettybrokenspiral

Emperor - Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk (Candlelight 2017 repress Green vinyl)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    still moving. i hate moving. this is ridiculous. it's a good thing we've only moved three blocks.

anyway, i've spent the last couple hours putting away the few CDs i still want out, as well as tapes & box sets, so i finally had time to listen to some new records.

vile creature - cast of static & smoke
    my friend jack helped edit the story that goes with the album, which is how i heard about the band. also, pretty much everything Halo Of Flies puts out is amazing.

drei affen - s/t
    yellow vinyl w/screenprinted side B
    came as a free bonus with the other two records in this post (like i said, Halo Of Flies is great)

northless - last bastion of cowardice
    2xLP on transparent orange vinyl (which i can't seem to find a listing for on discogs, so i'm either colorblind and it's gold (i swear, it's not), or no one has put it on there yet).
    not quite as great as their previous album, world keeps sinking, but still very good.

and an oldie but (obviously) a goodie:

nin - sin
    9" single
    pulled this out to test my turntable (can't get to a lot of my collection due to boxes that need unpacking being in the way) because i was worried my cartridge got fucked up (was getting a lot of unwarranted distortion) but it turns out that northless LP just wasn't pressed with the best ear :/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My recent pick ups... someday I will do the picture thing....someday

Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe (2018 Reissue)
    Rob Zombie - The Sinister Urge (2018 Reissue)
    Rob Zombie - Educated Horses (2018 Reissue)
    The Ting Tings - We Started Nothing (MOV Blue/Silver Limited Vinyl)
    Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx (Red/Orange Newbury Comics Limited Edition)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Another post here. One from the store today and one from mail order.

First is from a 20% off coupon I had at Barnes and Noble. Was gonna buy the new Bowie "Heroes" reissue but opted out for....

Judas Priest - Painkiller (Standard Black vinyl 2017 repress)

Death - Individual Thought Patterns (Baby Pink with Splatter, Indie Exclusive LE to 500 copies)

Need to get all of Death's albums. Doubtful I'll get colorful splatter versions like above due to being OOP but better than nothing. Most recent represses are top notch.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    AmeriKKKant (white vinyl version)

(and then more mail arrived)

(Freetail Dub)

(Format by Trevor Jackson)
    Last edited by MrLobster; 04-11-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Not holding my breath on it working as well as theorized... but if I don't have to change my equipment then I'd probably give it a try.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Not holding my breath on it working as well as theorized... but if I don't have to change my equipment then I'd probably give it a try.
    from what i know of audio, vinyl, and the pressing process, the science behind this is sound (see what i did there?) and leads me to believe it will work. my concern is that with deeper grooves that are closer together, no matter the precision, what will the wear and tear be like? especially for people who don't have properly calibrated systems (tone-arms that aren't balanced, etc.). granted, those people aren't really the audience for this, but i'm concerned even for someone like myself how many listens i'll get out of it before it starts to deteriorate.

also, cleaning - with deeper grooves that are closer together, it'll also be harder to remove dust and debris that finds its way in there.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)