Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Doom

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Just a heads up, the standard edition of this game is currently on sale at Amazon for $19.99 and the collector's edition is roughly 50% off depending on what format you want.

@Leviathant - Now is the time to finally pick this up!
    TIMP, you're a trooper, but I bought that shit pretty soon after it came out. As a software developer myself, I was happy to pay full price, because the team clearly did a wonderful job.

Now I just need a video card that can handle playback at a decent FPS

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Now I just need a video card
    I'd send you a 7870 card for like $99, but considering the overseas shipping rates, and the time it takes... nah

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    TIMP, you're a trooper, but I bought that shit pretty soon after it came out. As a software developer myself, I was happy to pay full price, because the team clearly did a wonderful job.

Now I just need a video card that can handle playback at a decent FPS
    I went back just now and saw your post about pulling the trigger via STEAM. Glad you finally got it, I remember you being on the fense for a while so that's why I posted up about the sale.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I figured this would be a somewhat appropriate thread for this 90s throwback FPS.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just picked this up from Amazon for only $20.00! Cannot wait to dive into this!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The official soundtrack to Doom just released in digital form and it's as good as I expected. Hopefully this leads to physical format in the near future. Standout tracks to me are Skullhacker, Rip & Tear, BFG Division, Harbinger.
    Spotify:https://play.spotify.com/album/0KQyC28P9808r0oKKNgHvp
    iTunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/do...k/id1157733728
    Google Play:https://play.google.com/store/music/...tacv56xhlfdz4m

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    As much as i enjoy the score i kinda wish it was more melodic and hummable like the scores for the original Doom and Doom 2 were but it is def some good tuneage!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Never played the game but just listened to a few tracks for the first time. Nobody told me how NIN-inspired the soundtrack is. That's some in-your-face fucking hardcore music!

Starting at 6:15, you can't really go for more NIN than that. The distorted guitars remind me a bit of The Fragile.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Not sure about NIN in particular, but the music is certainly every bit as much of an adrenaline-ODing industrial demon fisting orgy as the game is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'd love to play this game, reading your comments makes me thing back to the old Doom and Quake days... Such great times and so much fun. I used to play Quake to death.
    Just not sure I have anything remotely powerful to play it unless my Macbook Pro can play it in some low res.

Maybe time to check for a new PC upgrade.