Thread: Battlefield 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It's at least a map with inescapable dynamic. I know it can be harsh for a team getting raped in the anus but it can be fun...and definitely not a map anyone can call boring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    It's at least a map with inescapable dynamic. I know it can be harsh for a team getting raped in the anus but it can be fun...and definitely not a map anyone can call boring.
    That's exactly why it's crap, you just run straight into the meat grinder, die, run in again. Sure you can camp at the top of the stairs or in the corridor but that's not what battlefield is about. It wouldn't be such a big deal if it was one map but there's also Damavand Peak, Grand Bazaar, and Seine Crossing. What we need are more maps like Caspian Border, Kharg Island, and Op Firestorm.

BC1 had the best conquest maps for console. BC2 was the start of the bottle necks/ choke points. BF3 is just ridiculous.
    Last edited by PooPooMeowChow; 02-21-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love this game. My only real complaint is that some players don't "spot" the enemy team using the "back" button (on 360) and sometimes your teammates get carried away using the air-vehicles instead of going after objectives.

Operation Metro is a great map that is a good change of pace from the others. My teams almost always get to the third conquest point, and sometimes gain control of all three points on that map. I like that there is a constant barrage of bullets flying, which really changes the strategy. If you don't work as a team, it is possible to get stuck in a place and not able to move forward, but luckily, I'm usually on a team with people who know what they are doing. Reviving each other and using ammo and health dumps are very helpful in being successful on this map.

I especially like that the more I play BF3, the more it differentiates itself from Call of Duty. I BF3 is sooooo much more fun and takes a lot more practice and skill to learn what you are doing. The more that I play, the more that I steadily improve.

If I had to come up with a second complaint, it would be that beginners have a somewhat difficult time competing with people who have all the weapon unlocks. Those unlocks can really make a difference in how well you can aim and kill other players, so new players sort of get the shaft and have to tough it out until they get a few unlocks. Still, though, I used that newb time to learn the maps and figure out what I was doing from a player perspective because kills aren't the main goal, getting the objective is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dolemite View Post
    My teams almost always get to the third conquest point, and sometimes gain control of all three points on that map. I like that there is a constant barrage of bullets flying, which really changes the strategy. If you don't work as a team, it is possible to get stuck in a place and not able to move forward, but luckily, I'm usually on a team with people who know what they are doing. Reviving each other and using ammo and health dumps are very helpful in being successful on this map.
    Yeah playing with people you know are good and communicate with is much better, a totally different game.

But 90% of the time RU wins on Metro. Notice they cap their base first and get a huge advantage at the middle base.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow View Post
    Yeah playing with people you know are good and communicate with is much better, a totally different game.

But 90% of the time RU wins on Metro. Notice they cap their base first and get a huge advantage at the middle base.
    US ALWAYS has a chance on Operation Metro if they can skip Platform (Charlie?) and go right for Bravo on Conquest. If they cap B before RU they typically can push back RU back to spawn by holding off the 3 entrances to the Metro station (fairly easy to do if the RU team doesn't bunch up) and then going aggro on Cafe (Alpha?) with a spawn cover the rest of the match to mop up. Maybe that works out to 10% of the time but it's 100% for every team that does that as US.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How in the flying fuck is there no penalty for team killing? did Dice go fucking brain dead?
    SERIOUSLY. WHAT THE FUCK?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow View Post
    How in the flying fuck is there no penalty for team killing? did Dice go fucking brain dead?
    SERIOUSLY. WHAT THE FUCK?
    Hardcore servers?