Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I still can't get enough of the multiplayer in this game. It's so nice to see a points system that rewards teamwork and supporting roles. I finally unlocked the SOFLAM seat on the tanks and have been putting it to good use with some friends online.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Back to playing this. Returning to being somewhat of a badass.

I'll be honest though, for some reason I kinda love-hate the game at the moment. I think it's 'cause I just can't help but remember my feelings for Bad Compay 2 (even BC2NAM); I love(d) it so freaking farking much. I like the exhilarating feeling in multiplayer but the damage you can take is still throwing me a curveball. Likewise getting into the thick groove of taking down enemies like it's effortless every time. The physics are DIFFERENT.

Anybody play this on PS3 who wants another friend? Let me know. I can be a passive co-op buddy too, if you need it.
    Last edited by Amaro; 01-09-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Even though I do love playing this game I'm very much enjoying some of the superb objective gameplay getting featured on YouTube lately. This guy always puts up nail biting matches like this 26 minute Rush (Attack) gem:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wish I didn't trade in BFBC2 for this. I'd still be playing it.

So.Much.Wrong.With.This.Game

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I like this game, have played it, still own it, pre-ordered it and the whole she-bang but I still don't see the hype surrounding it or the ultimate critical acclaim. It's nothing mind blowing as stated and perceived to be. I haven't touched it since I got mostly through the campaign, still haven't played it since then as I got pissed due to that glitched Like A Butterfly achievement. Multiplayer to me isn't that engaging due to lack of friends but even then I had marginally fun for a bit and then got...bored.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It's true there's a bit wrong/off with this game, but I guess I've stuck with it long enough to figure out ways around the errors. At least the PS3 chat has been fixed. Only a few months overdue.

If you're having problems with landing shots/concluding a kill (due to recoil issues and/or what seems to be bad hit detection), tip: F2000, iron sights, foregrip. This gun setup is a beast that you can control. You may still have to control remaining recoil to an extent, but I feel it to be predictable and reliable once you get it.

AIM HIGH (for standing targets), ALWAYS. Name of the game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow View Post
    Wish I didn't trade in BFBC2 for this. I'd still be playing it.

So.Much.Wrong.With.This.Game
    BF3 is really the first FPS that I've actually dedicated time to since Soldier of Fortune 2 almost 10 years ago so I know crap all about the genre. What's wrong with the game?

I've had quite a bit of fun with it, starting off crap and slowly building up skills. I think I began with 120 points per minute and a 0.5 KDR. Now I'm average a 2.5 KDR and getting around 450 points per minute plus bringing in them mvp ribbons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wrote like a page of stuff, but this new forum shit fucked up. I try again in the morning.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Let me start out by talking about one thing being absolutely wrong with this game, and that is the information sent from the bullets to the person being shot at.

In normal mode, from the perspective of the shooter, it is clear he has to lay into the body of his target (100% health) about 6-7 shots to make the kill. From the perspective of the victim, he gets 1-4 (4 if you're lucky) pretty fast you've-been-hit indications (red signals), before dropping dead.

It's bullshit. And it feels borderline like a hardcore match from Bad Company 2.

On that note, conduct the test yourself by seeing if there's a very clear difference in being able to survive in hardcore vs. normal mode in this game. Not much at all, is there?

I wasn't on board with Battlefield 2 so I don't know if that's the true feeling of a Battlefield game or whatever, but I feel like in Bad Company 2 it felt more accurate within this department of "information" through the bullets.

Oh, and apparently my soldier has some serious love handles that get exposed when I think I've made the clear around a corner or what have you, because a final bullet hits and kills me, even though I'm looking at a new room, or I clearly went to prone behind a barricade. On top of that, when your death screen appears, you're no longer where you thought you were--but a few steps in the past tense. Apply that to falling/jumping from an altitude while being shot at and it doesn't really feel natural once you get killed. You sort of get snatched back up a little bit before another fall takes place after seeing your death screen. Very much bullshit.

This visual misinformation also occurred in Bad Company 2, if I remember correctly, but I don't recall it being this bad. Paired up with the misinformation in the damage, it can be really annoying in this game.
    Last edited by Amaro; 02-09-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah there's a mad amount of input lagg. It's the major issue on xbox right now. It's insane.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    http://mp1st.com/2012/02/06/battlefi...patch-details/

And dude, why would you get rid of Bad Company 2? Freaking classic.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    Oh, and apparently my soldier has some serious love handles that get exposed when I think I've made the clear around a corner or what have you, because a final bullet hits and kills me, even though I'm looking at a new room, or I clearly went to prone behind a barricade. On top of that, when your death screen appears, you're no longer where you thought you were--but a few steps in the past tense. Apply that to falling/jumping from an altitude while being shot at and it doesn't really feel natural once you get killed. You sort of get snatched back up a little bit before another fall takes place after seeing your death screen. Very much bullshit.

This visual misinformation also occurred in Bad Company 2, if I remember correctly, but I don't recall it being this bad. Paired up with the misinformation in the damage, it can be really annoying in this game.
    This has been driving me nuts lately. I think a lot of it is animation lag. The software has to spend SO MUCH time and effort to tell you you're dead that I think it jumps ahead to do so at times. I can say the same for many weapon switches and reloads under fire. It's irritating but I think it might just be something I'll have to adapt to..or already am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The counter to that is to slow down or just camp. Think that's why we see so much camping right now?
    Same with the jumping animations, I don't mind vaulting over a rock wall, but over piles of rubble on the ground?? I've lost count of how many people have come vaulting through a door way, that's level with the ground. The animation lag messing with the hit detection, I get killed, he still has 100%, RAGE.
    AND while you're vaulting things you shouldn't be, your soldier can't lift his foot more than an inch off the ground. So you're constantly being stopped by rocks in the ground, boxes and street curbs!1 fucking street curbs!!!

EDIT: I seriously just had some one spawn directly behind me and a squad member as we were watching the only door in.....
    Last edited by PooPooMeowChow; 02-10-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow View Post
    Yeah there's a mad amount of input lagg. It's the major issue on xbox right now. It's insane.
    A part of me thinks that even when any input lag issue is fixed, what I speak of will remain. I believe it's a separate game flaw.

Some other random thing I notice...probably also not gonna be fixed...empty all your bullets in a handgun, the 1911, for example, and tap the fire button as fast as you can physically. Notice how it actuallu responds to each fire, as opposed to how slow it gets shot when the gun is loaded, yet you're trying to fire at the same high speed. You can't. Just bullshit.

I also despise how I can't do anything (like go to the start menu) once the kill cam has appeared, only bring up the scoreboard. Bullshit annoyance, albeit small.

I will continue the list of bullshit as I scoop it.
    Last edited by Amaro; 02-10-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    SYNDICATE DOG TAG!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I also despise how I can't do anything (like go to the start menu) once the kill cam has appeared, only bring up the scoreboard. Bullshit annoyance, albeit small.

Yeah I hate this too, same with the end game screen. Right now its faster to go to Xbox Dash Board and restart the game than waiting for a new round on a map I probably hate. Probably because there's no "next map" on the game results screen.

I think waiting for Kill cam is on the list to be fixed, It's at least an easy fix.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The mechanics for flying a helicopter on this game are fucked. I'll never beat that 2nd co-op mission. Two goddamn hard. I can't fly it and everyone else I play with seems to crash it as well. I've tried my hand at it in multiplayer but it's retarded as fuck.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 02-13-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I was getting some insane screen tearing during one of the later missions of the campaign last night, don't think I've ever had screen tearing on any other PS3 game.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    The mechanics for flying a helicopter on this game are fucked. I'll never beat that 2nd co-op mission. Two goddamn hard. I can't fly it and everyone else I play with seems to crash it as well. I've tried my hand at it in multiplayer but it's retarded as fuck.
    The chopper is such a pain to master, I also have yet to last more than a minute or two in one. My itch with it tends to be the fact that all of the directional controls do NOT self-center. So anytime you bank to either side the chopper will continue doing that until you correct the other direction to pull it back to center. With about 6 or more control variables like that, it's a real mess to figure out while everyone is shooting at you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    With about 6 or more control variables like that, it's a real mess to figure out while everyone is shooting at you.
    Run the co-op mission with the helo in it. If you're on XBL send me a PM and I can help you out.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Space Suicide...I'm gonna re add you on PSN...help you with that co-op mission.
    Last edited by Amaro; 02-14-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Space Suicide...I'm gonna re add you on PSN...help you with that co-op mission.
    I got it on Xbox, mate. I'd so take you up on that offer.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Psha!!!!!
    MOTHER FUCKER XBOX

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Psha!!!!!
    MOTHER FUCKER XBOX
    I have a PS3, I tend to play my Xbox more. I tend to just buy PS3 exclusive titles on my PS3, multi-brand games on Xbox. Don't know why.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My understanding of the whole 'dying after you run around the corner' thing is that the hit detection is client based, not server based. Sure it's annoying and I die like that sometimes, but I probably kill a lot of people like that as well.

Some other random thing I notice...probably also not gonna be fixed...empty all your bullets in a handgun, the 1911, for example, and tap the fire button as fast as you can physically. Notice how it actuallu responds to each fire, as opposed to how slow it gets shot when the gun is loaded, yet you're trying to fire at the same high speed. You can't. Just bullshit.
    Wouldn't that just be because the in game gun is restricted to the same fire rate as a real gun would be?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm basically saying you should be able to shoot that gun faster in the game. It's like twice as fast when you're "shooting" it unloaded...not cool.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I've been playing this a lot more recently. Been having more fun with it than I originally used to. I had an impressive Conquest match this morning on Operation Metro. probably one of the best BF3 games I've played. Rousing fun and quite a domination on my team's part. I look like a noob though being only Rank 10. Sad thing is I have owned this game since release day.

I finally stopped being a procrastinator and finished the campaign this morning as well.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Conquest in Operation Metro is the place to be. This game needs more indoor maps like that.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I have been trying to get into this game for over 2 months now, and I just cannot do it. And another aspect I am not getting is why it is so "great"? I just don't see it. Yes the Frostbite 2 engine is pretty dam cool, but these games just seem like mediocre COD with some cool things thrown into the bunch.

I LOVE that there are an arsenal of vehicles that you can choose from. What I do not get is why they feel the need to make it almost impossible to handle the fucking air crafts? I know there is a more realistic approach here, but come.on. Make the controls a bit smoother so everyone can at least enjoy flying them and shooting down a couple of enemies, instead of wasting half of your time trying to fly the thing. The knife system is sluggish as shit, along with shooting some regular Assault Rifles. For long range shots, I have to pretty much shoot as if I have a semi-automatic gun because the gun will just jump all over the screen. It is so frustrating. I have officially given up on FPS. There is nothing to really get excited over anymore. Once you try the new things they bring to the table, it's kind of like "Ok, that's cool...but is that it?". Bored.

I have given up on FPS for the time being. After wasting countless hours on COD and BF this time around, I felt I got bored VERY quickly. Unless the developers come up with something a lot more innovative to the table, I don't see the reason to have any excitement for the next installments. They need to bring something more than just wanting to level up and get killstreaks.

What I like about BF3:

1. Deeper role playing and individual classes.

2. You can actually drive the dam vehicles.

3. Spawn on a teammate.

4. Actually takes skill to shoot a Sniper Rifle.

5. Destructive Environments.

5. Bigger Maps. (Need more like Metro!)

What I do not like:

Sluggish controls all around. To shooting your gun, to moving back and fourth, especially vehicles. Even when you try to knife somebody.. it's almost laughable. An improvement from BF2, but still missing something there.

Rewards for kills are not present.

Campaign was incredibly short.

I am sure the more I play this, the more I will find that I do not like and like. But a 2 month, on and off impression of this game is just blah. There is nothing here to keep me interested for a full year like past titles had me. Imagine if COD had vehicles you didn't need a killstreak for? Or destructive environments? Man that would be the shit.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 02-16-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Sorry to say this.. but Self.Destructive.Pattern you need to practice!
    This is like comparing Need For Speed Underground series with Shift series. One is arcade, the other is a simulator.

You can customize the way vehicle react from options. You can drive the vehicles (I'm a heli maniac), but you just need to wire your neurons.

It's pretty normal to not like BF3 that fast after you played COD so much, where mindless arcade killing is the way to play.

BTW, I played both.