Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Battlefield 3

Y...eah!

I only wish I had more time to play it these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I play this on 360 all the time. I wish I had a PC capable of running it, but the 360 one is fantastic (except on the larger maps sometimes). If any of you play it, hit me up, I need to find people to play with, randoming sucks a lot sometimes.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Given the job I had, I played Battlefield quite a lot. I love the game and it may be one of the best games of the year. Then again, I'm very biased because I'm a fan of the series. Frostbite 2 is a great engine. Sadly this isn't a game to play on consoles but on PC with all the graphics turned up to eleven.

I like the campaign, it's great how they managed to introduce all the cool features and showcase the new engine but the essential part is the multiplayer.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm officially addicted to this despite my horrendous skill (K/D 0.52).

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    My k/d is a joke. On launch, I was doing pretty decent. Took a break for MW3 and Skyrim, went back to it a couple days ago and completely sucked up the joint. I'm on 360. My gamertag's Joo Machina 0. Add and message me whenever you want to play.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I finally picked this up on black friday. I really should have picked it up launch date because everyone's goodies is kicking my ass. still fun though. the pc looks amazing, i envy the pc gamers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That. Damn. Flashlight.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    its being worked on for the next title update. it wont be as extreme as it is now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    its being worked on for the next title update. it wont be as extreme as it is now.
    Yea I've heard. Can't wait.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It's seriously annoying. I don't ever put that or the laser on...don't dare wish that upon my enemies (well, I just prefer other specs), let alone my teammates. (There should be a feature so to prevent blinding a friendly.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This game is fun as fuck, but it's far from a BF2 sequel. More like BFBC 3.5

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This game is awesome. Way better than BFBC2, IMHO. Playing on PC, the latest patch adds a nice performance boost. Here's my profile on battlelog if anyone is looking for more adds. I find it's an even better game when joining servers as a party.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just wish I could get better...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    It sucks that I have the limited edition on my shelf, looking pretty. I have it installed on my PC but since I have a low to medspec PC (for BF3) I can't really play it in MP. The campaign is okay though.

I recently bought BF:BC2 just to play the multiplayer before I upgrade (read that, buy a new one cause I can no longer upgrade this one).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Campaign on the console was one of the most fun experiences I've had all year. The MP experience, however, sucks.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Weirdo. Battlefield 3 (and BC2, actually) is one of the most engrossing online FPS experiences I've had since Starsiege TRIBES.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apolitik View Post
    Campaign on the console was one of the most fun experiences I've had all year. The MP experience, however, sucks.
    Yeah, I rarely play it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Well, for console they cut down the map sizes and maximum amount of players. I wonder if this is enough to turn it shitty. I'm the opposite, on PC I have only played MP (incl coop) and I LOVE this game! Heard single player was short, but normally people don't play this type of game for that experience anyway.
    Last edited by blassster; 12-04-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I have been wasting weekends on this and I still can't fly the Jet properly!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I avoid the air vehicles. Fail every time. My game has seriously gone downhill lately. It's really bad.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    I have been wasting weekends on this and I still can't fly the Jet properly!
    I've improved (slightly) on jets. However, the helicopters are a totally different story. What drives me nuts is how the controls do not "self-center". It feels like you have to continue to correct after making any control input, the pitch is the best (and most dangerous) of these. The second I touch that right analog stick things go awry. I'd like to get better as in good, skilled hands these are superb weapons and team support to take down armor and camp objectives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Strange, my experience has been the opposite. I play with a few guys from work in MP so that probably makes it a little more appealing. I found the SP too linear.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    I've improved (slightly) on jets. However, the helicopters are a totally different story. What drives me nuts is how the controls do not "self-center". It feels like you have to continue to correct after making any control input, the pitch is the best (and most dangerous) of these. The second I touch that right analog stick things go awry. I'd like to get better as in good, skilled hands these are superb weapons and team support to take down armor and camp objectives.
    Oh yeah the choppers are a totally different story. Every time I get on it I simply crash by accident because I tap the wrong direction. Yeah I agree having the choppers in the team does help greatly. Especially in Operation Firestorm.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I really recommend inverting the controls for the air vehicles, so that up on the stick is actually up, etc. It made my experience far easier.

I love this game to pieces. I play with a group of anywhere from three to nine friends, and we'll go into a room and set up shop. It turned Operation Métro from one of my least favorite maps to one of the most fun I could ever play. Playing this game alone can be fun, but playing this game with friends is second to fucking none.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    On Xbox, I inverted the jets only since back on any flight control lifts the nose (making you go up). But on the chopper, inverted doesn't seem intuitive to me ("up" pushes nose down to help go forward by default). But vertical up and down are right left triggers. I'd love it if BF3 offered a private non-boostable map to play with these without team killing passengers on live maps. Maybe I'm a minority of heli-challenged, but I'd eat that practice time up until I get better.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Now this is how to take down a jet.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Holy shit, that is gangsta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've got this on PC and Xbox. I enjoy the multiplayer much more than Call of Duty's multiplayer. However, I still have not figured out how to properly fly vehicles on Xbox 360.

I haven't even played the campaign yet. But the multiplayer is great.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Anyone play the karkand maps yet? Probably going to get them later on. But hopefully they fixed the flashlight. So cheap.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Anyone play the karkand maps yet? Probably going to get them later on. But hopefully they fixed the flashlight. So cheap.
    Map pack is excellent. I haven't played Battlefield 2, so they were all new to me (except Wake Island, as it was also in BF1942) before the update. Here is an overview of the maps for those who are unfamiliar with them.
    Last edited by blassster; 12-16-2011 at 12:43 AM.