Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm still holding out for Dino mode!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    PAX 2012 Battlefield 3 Close Quarters gameplay

Guy runs a lap around the map in 30 seconds, dies, does it again.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm looking forward to it. I don't know why Battlefield has to be widespread every time to be true Battlefield... Honestly, for me the wide open maps in BF3 kinda stink. Caspian Border is overrated. If you're not interested in vehicles, that is. Take Atacama Desert, though...that had multipurpose, I felt.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I hate large maps in any game. You spend more time running and getting to the battle than actually doing battle. Then you die and have to run back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    I'm looking forward to it. I don't know why Battlefield has to be widespread every time to be true Battlefield... Honestly, for me the wide open maps in BF3 kinda stink. Caspian Border is overrated. If you're not interested in vehicles, that is. Take Atacama Desert, though...that had multipurpose, I felt.
    The problem is the majority of maps in BF3 are already close quarters focused. And the big maps aren't even that great. Caspian Is too small!! It's all in the way they set up the capture points. Example=

^BEST Map EVER^Dragon Valley^

Simply putting the flags in a triangle forces the game to move in a circle, never a prolonged battle, constantly moving to the objective you don't have.
    The map above have the Chinese put up a fierce defense at the first four bases. While US heli try to drop troops to the back bases.
    More BF2 maps = http://www.overclockers.com.au/wiki/.../Maps/standard

Atacama Desert was sick in BC2 but it just wouldn't work in bf3.

lol Space Suicide if you had played BF2 you probably wouldn't even have paid attention to BF3

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow View Post
    lol Space Suicide if you had played BF2 you probably wouldn't even have paid attention to BF3
    Never played Battlefield 2. I have played both Bad Company games though.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Anyone else can't stand to play this game alone? I usually always play with my friend online.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I play random but as you can expect, I'll often end up on a team of total wankers. But with the new server rental option I have been lucky and ended up on a clan team that seems to know what they're doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Anyone else can't stand to play this game alone? I usually always play with my friend online.
    Yup. I won't go near the multiplayer unless I've got at least one friend with me. I can usually scrounge up a group of 4 or 5 though which makes it pretty easy to dominate.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I don't have a problem playing alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I play this game all the time. I love it. And this is coming from someone who mainly plays single player games.

I never play CoD online anymore because it was one huge campfest. In Battlefield 3, I just blow down all the walls in the buildings so camping becomes impossible.

It sucks that they weakened the tanks. Taking them out was one of the most fun things to do. Too bad they weakened them so the challenge is not as big.

Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow
    The problem is the majority of maps in BF3 are already close quarters focused. And the big maps aren't even that great. Caspian Is too small!! It's all in the way they set up the capture points.
    I don't know what you are talking about. I think things are set up perfectly.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Just asking routinely: is it just sa_nick, pushingreality and I who play this on PS3?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Well I'll add you, Thaned. Probably Wednesday.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/04...perfect-setup/

Post-patch official accessory breakdown.

About a month away from new maps and weapons!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I've been playing Canals TDM with 500 tickets practicing for Close Quarters. That place erupts.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I've been playing Canals TDM with 500 tickets practicing for Close Quarters. That place erupts.
    I also played an all-nighter on one of those servers this weekend. Addicting as fuck-all.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I think I'm one of the few that hates the rent-a-server games.

I should buy this again. It's at Best Buy for $19.99 on sale. I traded mine for the DMC HD Collection a few weeks ago.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Ummm...that's an insanely good deal. Damn!

And why hate the custom servers?

A lot of officials servers in modes other than TDM/SDM rarely packed a long-winded games for me, especially on Rush. I didn't feel like I killed enough by the end. Now I'm looking at a minute-long loading screen waiting to go into another relatively short match. I want to PLAY.
    Last edited by Amaro; 05-01-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Ummm...that's an insanely good deal. Damn!

And why hate the custom servers?

A lot of officials servers in modes other than TDM/SDM rarely packed a long-winded games for me, especially on Rush. I didn't feel like I killed enough by the end. Now I'm looking at a minute-long loading screen waiting to go into another relatively short match. I want to PLAY.
    I know right?

Why? Every single game I joined in quick match (again, I know I can search for games I want but really why should I have to go through the trouble to find an official server with basic setup instead of throwing me in a rented one?) I was at the mercy of the admin. I whined a page or two back about getting kicked and having me respawn on the opposite team depleting my killstreak, experience and points. How is that any fair? It happened to me two times, in two separate games back to back when it was initially released.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Admins can suck...even if you're following the posted rules. The kinds who switch teams around mid-game or what have you.

Honestly though, the servers I frequent (TDM in Canals, for example) hardly have an admin present, so in my experience I'm cool. But the premise of the custom servers is what's awesome...the possibilities...that's all I'm saying. You have to find the right server for you, or just rent your own with a buddy or two and do what you want. And get it GOING!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just in case you guys haven't seen it yet

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Awshyeah! Fuck yeah. Thanks for posting. I know you love it too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's better than the office level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    double post just for this.

I can't believe Patrick Bach (lead dev for bf3) said this.

what an idiot.

This is Project Reality mod for BF2 (2005) If you want real team play this is where it's at until ARMA3

EDIT: lots of people still play this mod today, in-fact a Vietnam expansion just came out.
    Last edited by PooPooMeowChow; 05-09-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    So, the DART and MASS, people...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    AHAHAHAHAH good luck

"SmashThatTrash
    17 points 3 days ago
    "Are you going to nerf the M26 MASS?"

"zh1nt0[S] -6 points 3 days ago
    "We´ll see about that. Depends a lot on what we see during testing and also in live environment."

They don't even know what's happening in their own game. The Dart/Mass business isn't that it's OP, it's a glitch, in the code.
    Last edited by PooPooMeowChow; 05-10-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    same DAD-12 guy tagging me the WHOLE match. seriously

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For those of you who don't know and want to fight fire with fire.

Use the G3 + Underslung Rail + heavy barrel. Then use the Mass or the Dart.

I believe the glitch is the shot gun gets the range of the heave barrel and each pellet does the damage of the G3.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Thanks for that, PooPoo. I had fun getting back at all those who wronged me with that setup. My K/D went up a couple of points. LOL

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...232019398/ps3/
    Last edited by Amaro; 05-11-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Looking at my stats, I really did/do suck at the game...