Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fan man "Call of Close Quarters" Trailer

Nailed it.

EDIT: lol thats a terrible preview image.
    Last edited by PooPooMeowChow; 03-15-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I swear, every time I run into it, it's like the before pic...
    I agree... lol

But regardless, isn't that still a bit much in the daylight?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So they finally tuned down the flashlights? Great! Guess I can start playing again?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    So they finally tuned down the flashlights? Great! Guess I can start playing again?
    Sure, see if you see a difference.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm back to being best friends with this game...can't wait for the patch though.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I still can't fly the fucking Jet!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Patch approved for the PS3, still waiting on Microsoft.

Rumor is the 27th will be release date for PS3, xbox and pc the week after.

Also wish I had this on pc so I could get rid of the stupid blue filter >.<

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Fucking great. I think I just fucked up my PS3 system activation while attempting to do an account game share for the first time. I could be sitting out for about a week.

Edit: I think I got it back. Damnit though, why does game sharing have to be so impractical on PS3? And they lowered the limit of systems you can share with. Sweet!
    Last edited by Amaro; 03-24-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Patch was 1GB...went surprisingly fast.

I haven't played yet, but I hear good things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just a warning, Keep your head up. MAV elevated wasn't fixed. Now you just have to lay down on it for it to work.
    and Metro under map glitch also was not fixed.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Lol

Speaking of floor glitches...I encountered one in another map.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I guess I'm the only one representing PS3 these days.

Patch is overall pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So sad this is what Battlefield has become.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poopoomeowchow View Post
    so sad this is what battlefield has become.
    lololololololol

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Lol skillz

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    OMG...tonight I played a 1,000 ticket knife/pistol-only Conquest match in Operation Metro...longest game of my life. Pretty darn tight...but we freaking won. That was a game I didn't think about my K/D so much (even though I ended up exceeding my quota).

Pistol killing is still kinda weird to me in this game. The physics are nothing like BC2. They're just weird here... It's hard to explain. I mean it's really satisfying to get a kill off with one, but I don't feel in total control if the target reacts to my initial shot by moving crazily. Like there's still a good chance I'm gonna get offed instead. I feel I said something very similar to that once before about primaries. Maybe I just need to get it with secondaries.

Accuracy of hit placement can be quite good in this game...but say when a guy is prone a good ways from me...I shoot him...all physically capable of seeing is his head and arms...I get numerous hit markers (at least one of which had to have hit his face)...annnnnd he kills me with seemingly one shot. And I was at 100%. Needless to say there's also some weird shit going on with this game.
    Last edited by Amaro; 04-03-2012 at 02:03 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Big patch day! I might pick it back up today. Been awhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Big patch day! I might pick it back up today. Been awhile.
    I ended up renting a server so my friends and I can just goof around sans​ retards. Should be fun.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet of the apes View Post
    Ok so I see this ''rent a server'' and I'm like ''whaz the fucks does this doez'' So I download it. Look at it and fuck that!!! I can totally see where this is going! So I pay for Live 59.99 a year and for the most part, outside of EA companies keep their servers up fairly well. So now on top of buying my online access, plus now having to buy the game new(for my online code) they are offering me the option to rent a server? Its total bullshit. Perhaps if I was having BF3 birthday party at Mcdonalds this might fit my needs?

Fix you're fucking servers to begin with EA. I play NHL,NFL, BF3 and they all have major server issues. Now BF3 has had the option to search for a server which has been nice but this is going to get out of hand. I saw you could rent one for 90 days at 4000 MS points. Really? The only people who should support this are gaming communities that play this shit for money. Even then its a stretch. Goddamn EA has some balls let me tell you. They constantly releae buggy games, shitty servers and charge twice as much to play the fucker from the get go. Their website PR outright denies any problems with their games and when they finally do email you back they tell you in so many words the problem is you're own fault.

''Rent a server'' I would be better served renting an asian boy as neither is something I want however at least the boy would do what I rented him to do!

Fuck you EA!! ----Rant over.
    I think you missed the point of the offer. no one is forcing you. but if you want to have fun with it, rent it for a day for 500 ms points. A friend and I played this one conquest match that was 2000 tickets each side. Lasted over two hours and leveled up twice.

Relax yourself.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    How are the updates in the patch? I read the list but I wanna know player opinions.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

General bullshit.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rent A Server is so you can play the game you wanna play, want to play a server all city maps? large maps only? what ever you want. Some one has it set up.

The two videos above are result of the shitt client side hit detection. The patch did not fix this at all.

The Bad
    Tanks are made of paper now. One Jav and you're at 51%. Heli's will just kill you before you can do anything.
    Suppression was increased something like 300%, so just spray and at least you know the person you're missing wont be able to kill you.
    MAV lift wasn't fixed, you just have to lay on it now.
    Serious glitch where heat seekers don't seem to work at all any more.
    Some kind of glitch where the L85A2 has no recoil or spread. (the guy didn't say how to do it so its not rampant...yet)

The Good
    Better weapon balance.
    Shotguns have been fixed so they actually work at close range.
    Server renting.
    Mini Map upgrade.

Just off the top of my head.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I haven't noticed a heat seeker problem. They appear to have added an indicator on the HUD of how many squad orders are active for each objective.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I think the server renting ruined the game for me. Every match I've been in this morning was a rented server and I get the same results - insanely high ticket (Conquest) amounts, a team that is straight up dominating and unfair, forced team swaps on me that makes me switch teams and gets my stats erased because the admin wants to.

All I ever see are clans and friends playing this now as opposed to single, random people like me that have no friends to play with. Thanks for ruining the game for me, EA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are EA servers not up any more?
    I agree, every match tends to be Metro conquest 1500 tickets. You just need to use the server browser to find the game you want. It takes a little longer to get into a game but I enjoy the longer games a lot more. The longer battles change up the game a lot, I was playing 1000 ticket conquest on Caspian Border. Eventually all the trees around B get knocked down and it's impossible for infantry to capture it. It turned into a huge tank war for it. IT was bad ass. If only tanks weren't made of paper it would a been a little more crazy.

Also fall damage has gone crazy. beware.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I can't believe they don't let you specify official servers. That seems crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    wanna know something even worse? Stingers a useless now because they won't lock on to any thing under radar level. Which mean Heli's can just hover at a certain lvl not be in danger of anything and rain shit on you. Wake Island fuckign sucks dicks now, even more than before.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Getting fixed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good, now fix tanks and we'll have a balanced game in our hands.