Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Blade Runner 2049

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    The theatrical '82 cut still gets played on television, even after these multiple cuts.
    I've never seen Blade Runner on TV!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It was on HBO/Cinemax a few years ago when the sequel was announced, and I have little to doubt it will be again when 2049 airs on those channels next year.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    0 nods at the Golden Globes, which I think sucks. Oh well...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I never take the Golden Globes seriously to begin with. After all, they did nominate The Tourist for Best Comedy/Musical and gave an award to Pia Zadora.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    That doesn't just suck, that's absolutely unfathomable. What the hell, HFPA?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I've never seen Blade Runner on TV!
    Here in Canada, it shows occasionally on our channel 'Space', but just the theatrical cut...the narration is still just so, so awful.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    That doesn't just suck, that's absolutely unfathomable. What the hell, HFPA?
    It's because the Hollywood Foreign Press Association are a bunch of assholes who don't know shit about film and really just cater to whatever bullshit Hollywood gives them. Why do you think Pia Zadora won that Best New Star of 1980 Golden Globe over Kathleen Turner and Elizabeth McGovern?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Listened the recent Swans live album and couldn't help but instantly think of BR2049 during The Knot:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    This movie is a piece of art. It is in my top 3 of best scifi's ever made

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Amazon states the DVD/Blu-ray/4k will be released 1/16.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The digital version's out now...it's great.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Oh, awesome! I missed it in theaters. Here's hoping it's easier to get through than the original which I mostly spend yelling "AESTHETIC" at my tv during.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Stoked af for the 4K/blu ray release in two weeks. I bought that lavish Art and Soul of Blade Runner 2049 coffee table book over a month ago, but still haven't opened it. Waiting until I have a chance to watch the film for a 5th time and absorb all the bonus content before doing so.

Sorry to say, but if you missed this in IMAX or 3-D, you'll never truly experience what this movie offers..

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    This was released on 4K UHD Blu-ray today. I managed to get the last copy of the limited edition steelbook 4K at Best Buy. Apparently they went quickly.

Can't wait to watch this shit again tonight. Easily my favorite film of the last decade, at least..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Can't wait to get a copy this week. Been wanting to see this again since it left theaters. I still listen to the soundtrack a few times weekly.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    This was released on 4K UHD Blu-ray today. I managed to get the last copy of the limited edition steelbook 4K at Best Buy. Apparently they went quickly.
    The audio and video quality of the 4K releases has been spectacular. Both of the films are top-notch picks for showing off Atmos.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah had to get the steelbook and finally pick up the original (had the blu ray but not 4k) since it was on sale as well. Next week is Cloverfield! Good week for 4k.

Only got to watch the first half due to work destroying my day but it's true...it's amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    Oh, awesome! I missed it in theaters. Here's hoping it's easier to get through than the original which I mostly spend yelling "AESTHETIC" at my tv during.
    Must be great being a millennial. You’re probably too empty headed to appreciate the sequel too so I wouldn’t waste your time. Roll your eyes at something else for 2hrs 45 mins.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I think you'll be excited to know that my favorite characters were computer girlfriend and dog.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Dat love scene tho.. <3

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Must be great being a millennial. You’re probably too empty headed to appreciate the sequel too so I wouldn’t waste your time. Roll your eyes at something else for 2hrs 45 mins.
    Probably hit top 3 in ETS history for first post warranting the loudest 'shut the fuck up, shitpile.' response. So congrats, I guess?

Back on topic....DAT LOVE SCENE FO SHO. The whole thing was just so amazing...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    the standard version is worth the money imho. really dig this thing

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Absolutely buying that book/that movie this weekend.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Don't hate me, but I enjoyed this one more than the original.

I am guessing there will be a third? It really seems like it is setting up a third movie.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Don't hate me, but I enjoyed this one more than the original.

I am guessing there will be a third? It really seems like it is setting up a third movie.
    Probably not. It's a miracle the 2nd one got made despite the fact that it had no chance in hell in making any serious money.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm going to watch it tonight, looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Probably not. It's a miracle the 2nd one got made despite the fact that it had no chance in hell in making any serious money.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/blade-runner-3/

After him fucking up Alien with his prequels, I don't know if I'd want him in involved. Shame, it seems the second movie is setting up something big.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    http://www.slashfilm.com/blade-runner-3/

After him fucking up Alien with his prequels, I don't know if I'd want him in involved. Shame, it seems the second movie is setting up something big.
    Ridley Scott is an old fart who didn't even like Blade Runner 2049 stating it was too slow and too long. I'm sure he's never seen one film by Bela Tarr, then he would have something to complain about and I have seen Tarr's Satantango and enjoyed it. I wouldn't mind a third film if it involves Denis Villeneuve in some capacity but if it doesn't happen. That's cool as I like the way Blade Runner 2049 ended.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Ridley Scott is an old fart who didn't even like Blade Runner 2049 stating it was too slow and too long. I'm sure he's never seen one film by Bela Tarr, then he would have something to complain about and I have seen Tarr's Satantango and enjoyed it. I wouldn't mind a third film if it involves Denis Villeneuve in some capacity but if it doesn't happen. That's cool as I like the way Blade Runner 2049 ended.
    Yeah, give me Villeneuve. I'd be excited by that announcement where as not so much with Scott in director's chair. He really has some nerve talking shit about Villeneuve's direction. The dude has delivered some amazing films. Scott seems to have lost the touch.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Yeah, give me Villeneuve. I'd be excited by that announcement where as not so much with Scott in director's chair. He really has some nerve talking shit about Villeneuve's direction. The dude has delivered some amazing films. Scott seems to have lost the touch.
    He's been losing his touch for years. The last film of his that I enjoyed was The Martian but he is often hit-and-miss. For every film like Alien, Blade Runner, and Black Hawk Down (I wanted to mention the extended director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven which I heard is a vastly superior film than the theatrical version), there's duds like White Squall, Body of Lies, and Exodus. He can deliver in films like Black Rain, Thelma and Louise, and American Gangster but I often think people put him very highly when I kind of think he's overrated at times. I'm one of those that doesn't even like Gladiator very much. I doubt he's even in my list of my 100 favorite filmmakers.