Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
wait, what??? i had no idea he wasn't part of the company anymore!
Yeah man Justin got pushed out a few years ago. He’s from KC so he would come into the Alamo Drafthouse that I was a manager at time to time. But basically if I recall correctly, Justin got pushed out because the people at Alamo headquarters who owned Mondo wanted Mondo to become the big Spencer’s-Esque shit show it is now and Justin was only interested in keeping Mondo about the prints and music. So when he wouldn’t budge, Mondo essentially forced him to “step down”. Now he has zero stake in the company he started.

he told me and another guy I worked with about a whole bunch of ideas that he had for specific soundtrack packages that the company has no interest in pursuing. They didn’t want to put in the extra effort. One he was super excited about, which I think this was lightly discussed at one of the MondoCon panels, but he was trying to get copies of Black Swan presses with real black and white feathers in the wax. Shit like that.

But yeah pretty much the moment in time you can remember Mondo suddenly dropping dramatically in quality was when Justin was no longer involved.