Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 234

Thread: Blade Runner 2049

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,646
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    3,041
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Not surprised TBH, surely Zimmer will actually do an interesting variation on the Vangelis vibe rather than just aping him ruthlessly.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    3,041
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Like, say if one of those neckbearded MRA dudes got into a position of power because he showed talent or prowess in something unrelated... he could turn into the next Hitler/Vader, if propped up and enabled by toadying political Machiavellites.
    Did I predict Steve Bannon would get into the White House in this thread two years ago?

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,579
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    well you never know, but I don't think Zimmer is the right one for this. Either way, hope the Vangelis vibe is still here albeit updated.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,646
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Early critical word is out and the runtime is 169 minutes.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    5,646
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Early critical word is out and the runtime is 169 minutes.
    That is awesome. 169 minutes of gorgeous photography by Roger Deakins.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    440
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Early critical word is out and the runtime is 169 minutes.
    I'm going to need a bigger bag of popcorn!

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    1,940
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    that short film was really, really good. Def. has me hyped for the movie.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,646
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The word now is is that Jˇhann Jˇhannsson's work has been done away with completely, and Hans Zimmer is taking over scoring duties.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I'm going to need a bigger bag of popcorn!
    I'm going to need a smaller drink.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,646
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    249
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just watched both prequel shorts that are out there. They're fucking awesome. I can't wait for this damn film.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    440
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    For Blade Runner lore fans and anime fans alike

    Blade Runner is Getting a Short Anime From Cowboy Bebop's Director set a few years after the first film!

    http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/09/15/b...ebops-director

    This looks awesome!

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tynemouth, England
    Posts
    1,679
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Colour me sad face. And that explains the inception horns all over the recent trailers

    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Not surprised TBH, surely Zimmer will actually do an interesting variation on the Vangelis vibe rather than just aping him ruthlessly.
    If you're going soley on what we've heard in teasers/trailers, Isn't that a little unfair? A page or so ago someone pointed out the stuff in the trailers, especially the early one, might not even have been Johansson's work.

  16. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,646
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I think Hans will do a good job. While it seems obvious to go to him because of his stature in Hollywood, you also have to remember he has a long-standing working relationship with Ridley Scott, so I'm sure he has as much reverence for the original film and Vangelis' work as anybody.


  17. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,646
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

  18. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    412
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Black Out 2022


  19. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The movie is being called a groundbreaking sci fi masterpiece by early reviewers.

    https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com...waited-sequel/

  20. #110
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    366
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    The movie is being called a groundbreaking sci fi masterpiece by early reviewers.

    https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com...waited-sequel/
    As someone who wasn't exactly blown away by the original (I know, blasphemy, right?), I have to say that I wasn't very excited about this movie until I started seeing trailers for it, which did make it look really good. Now hearing these early rave reviews, I'm thinking I might have to go see this when it comes out. As far as not loving the original (I don't hate it, it's just not one of my favorite sci-fi films), I never saw it when I was young and it was newer, so for me, it lacks the nostalgia element of something like Star Wars or Alien. In addition, I don't think it aged terribly well. It's a lot more like Mad Max or Tron for me, in that I didn't see the original(s) during their respective hey-day, so it's harder for me to forgive the slow pacing in the beginning of the movie (and in Tron's case, the horrendous special effects). Blade Runner, like the first Mad Max, may feel pretty aged, but I can't deny that both were massively influential and contained some wildly original ideas and made considerable impacts on the genre. There's a reason that both have had sequels produced recently. I really liked Fury Road though, so I wouldn't be surprised if I end up loving this, too.

  21. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    As someone who wasn't exactly blown away by the original (I know, blasphemy, right?), I have to say that I wasn't very excited about this movie until I started seeing trailers for it, which did make it look really good. Now hearing these early rave reviews, I'm thinking I might have to go see this when it comes out. As far as not loving the original (I don't hate it, it's just not one of my favorite sci-fi films), I never saw it when I was young and it was newer, so for me, it lacks the nostalgia element of something like Star Wars or Alien. In addition, I don't think it aged terribly well. It's a lot more like Mad Max or Tron for me, in that I didn't see the original(s) during their respective hey-day, so it's harder for me to forgive the slow pacing in the beginning of the movie (and in Tron's case, the horrendous special effects). Blade Runner, like the first Mad Max, may feel pretty aged, but I can't deny that both were massively influential and contained some wildly original ideas and made considerable impacts on the genre. There's a reason that both have had sequels produced recently. I really liked Fury Road though, so I wouldn't be surprised if I end up loving this, too.
    Blade Runner has aged extremely well IMO. Nostalgia doesn't come into it at all for me, I first saw it in the 00's and it blew me away.

    Did you watch The Final Cut?

  22. #112
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    366
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Blade Runner has aged extremely well IMO. Nostalgia doesn't come into it at all for me, I first saw it in the 00's and it blew me away.

    Did you watch The Final Cut?

    I'm not sure. I think it was the director's cut (is that the same thing?) and I only saw it once. Maybe it just wasn't the right circumstances to be watching that movie, who knows. I will probably rewatch the original sometime soon (especially if I intend to see the sequel) to refresh my memory and give it a second chance. There have been occasions where, for whatever reason, I wasn't too into a movie the first time I saw it, but enjoyed it MUCH more the second time. Watchmen, Pulp Fiction, and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas spring to mind as examples.

  23. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    440
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Early reviews are promising. If anything i'm just looking forward to almost 3 hours of beautiful sci-fi cinematography (i was hoping to get that with Ghost in the Shell...)

    I have my ticket for next Saturday booked, bring it on.

  24. #114
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tynemouth, England
    Posts
    1,679
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Early reviews are promising. If anything i'm just looking forward to almost 3 hours of beautiful sci-fi cinematography (i was hoping to get that with Ghost in the Shell...)
    The nipple-less boobs are just too weird for me. I've seen that stuff in some music videos recently too. I guess it's an attempt to be as sexy as possible on one side of a censor's red pen. But It's not sexy at all IMHO, it's dehumanizing, real uncanny-valley stuff.

  25. #115
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tynemouth, England
    Posts
    1,679
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'm not sure. I think it was the director's cut (is that the same thing?) and I only saw it once. Maybe it just wasn't the right circumstances to be watching that movie, who knows. I will probably rewatch the original sometime soon (especially if I intend to see the sequel) to refresh my memory and give it a second chance. There have been occasions where, for whatever reason, I wasn't too into a movie the first time I saw it, but enjoyed it MUCH more the second time. Watchmen, Pulp Fiction, and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas spring to mind as examples.
    Final Cut is the definitive version and it came out in 2007. My advice would be to watch that version and on the best setup you can find. It works well in a real theatre. They've just re-issued the final cut on 4k. By the sounds of it this is not the version you tried to watch.
    Last edited by jmtd; 09-27-2017 at 05:36 AM.

  26. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,311
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'm not sure. I think it was the director's cut (is that the same thing?) and I only saw it once. Maybe it just wasn't the right circumstances to be watching that movie, who knows. I will probably rewatch the original sometime soon (especially if I intend to see the sequel) to refresh my memory and give it a second chance. There have been occasions where, for whatever reason, I wasn't too into a movie the first time I saw it, but enjoyed it MUCH more the second time. Watchmen, Pulp Fiction, and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas spring to mind as examples.
    a lot of people actually really don't like the director's cut.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Final Cut is the definitive version and it came out in 2007. My advice would be to watch that version and on the best setup you can find. It works well in a real theatre. They've just re-issued the final cut on 4k. By the sounds of it this is not the version you tried to watch.
    i totally forgot that my dad has the blu-ray set with all the versions of the movie, and i still haven't watched the final cut (and my wife has never seen any version of the movie) so i borrowed it in the hopes that we can watch it soon.

  27. #117
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    412
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)




    1/10 scale 2049 Deckard!

  28. #118
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    366
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post




    1/10 scale 2049 Deckard!
    All I can think of is Han Solo frozen in carbonite.

  29. #119
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    412
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    All I can think of is Han Solo frozen in carbonite.
    not quite


  30. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    490
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    this is seriously getting some of the best reviews I have ever read...ive read 5 or 6 reviews and in each one the reviewer is hyperventilating or having an orgasm

    The Guardian even called it an' improvement on the first'......whaaaat. but yeah I'm excited now, have always felt sequel to such a classic was unwarranted but pleasantly surprised to read the reviews

Posting Permissions