Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dragonball Franchise

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Best dipshit character ever.
    But he is a hero!, he helps Goku to make the final Genkidama to kill Majin Boo!!! his fame helps the Sayans at the end (of DBZ)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    But he is a hero!, he helps Goku to make the final Genkidama to kill Majin Boo!!! his fame helps the Sayans at the end (of DBZ)
    The best part is when he faces Cell at the Cell Games and gets backhanded miles away only to play it off like it's an act and was supposed to happen. Videl is kinda neat though, only when she's a bitch and had pigtails though.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    The best part is when he faces Cell at the Cell Games and gets backhanded miles away only to play it off like it's an act and was supposed to happen. Videl is kinda neat though, only when she's a bitch and had pigtails though.
    On that note: Fave DB Girls?
    My Pick:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm gonna say that Vegeta is my favorite character because he certainly develops the most over the course of the series.

HERE THAR BE SPOILERS!
    Spoiler: When we first meet Vegeta, he's out for immortality, and will stop at nothing to cement his status as the most powerful of the Saiya-jin. Because he was the heir to the Saiya-jin empire, he feels that it is his birthright to be the strongest and the best of his race. So his embarrassment when he learned that Goku, who was very weak by Saiya-jin standards in his infancy, was stronger and more powerful. He became determined to surpass Goku form that point on. In the Freeza saga, he coerced Gohan and Kuririn to ally themselves with him to fight the Ginyu Squad and Freeza, seeing as they had some of the Namek Dragon Balls, and they could allow Vegeta to have his wish for immortality fulfilled. But while dying from a fatal blow administered by Freeza, he urges Goku to kill Freeza for what Freeza did to their race and home planet. He's brought back to life by mistake and then winds up on earth, where Bulma offers him a place to live. Her family makes all sorts of accommodations for him, and somewhere in that timeline he knocks her up. He acts like he doesn't care about Bulma or their son, Trunks, but deep down he does. And finally admits it before killing himself in the Majin Boo saga in an effort to stop Boo. He ultimately accepts that Goku will always be a step ahead of him in terms of strength and power, but they become friendly rivals, as evidenced in the anniversary special. Vegeta and Bulma later have another child together, Bura, and in GT he is seen as very protective of her. So from ruthless killer to family man but still an arrogant badass, I would say that Vegeta is the most three-dimensional and best developed character in the series.

And my favorite female character? It's a toss-up between Bulma and Artificial Human #18. Bulma is extremely intelligent and adventurous but very rash, ill-tempered, and boy-crazy. (Man-crazy as she got older.) #18 Spoiler: handed Vegeta his ass one time and even bribed Mr. Satan to let him win the Tenkaichi Budokai in the Majin Boo saga—she threw the fight for double the cash winnings.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    What if Frieza had a 5th form like Cooler?

Mindfucked.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    On that note: Fave DB Girls?
    My Pick:

YES!

Haha some kids had crushes on Sailor Moon or something when they were young but 18 she was definitely my animated female eye candy.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Always hated Krillin, he got the hottest girl in the series, lol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Has anyone else seen the special that was made in 2008? It hasn't been dubbed into English but it is on YouTube subbed. (Mods, if this violates any rules, please delete.)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I've mostly gotten into Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. I didn't get to see much of Dragon Ball GT though. I have just recently watched some of the parodies from Team Four Star, and I've got to say that it's almost as good as watching the actual show. I'm just currently very nostalgic about this franchise right now. It's been a long time since I've watched it and it didn't take me so long to see why I've gotten to love it so much.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I'm just currently very nostalgic about this franchise right now. It's been a long time since I've watched it and it didn't take me so long to see why I've gotten to love it so much.
    Then for the love of God never get any interest to watch DBZ Kai.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

The teenage me liked Bulma.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I hated that nothing came after GT. I have to say though it is was least favorite of any series in the Dragonball franchise.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Then for the love of God never get any interest to watch DBZ Kai.
    I definitely see what you mean. Any type of censorship or truncation obviously ruins any type of episode/movie for me. It's certainly a disgrace. (And then you have the different voices on top of all that.)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I definitely see what you mean. Any type of censorship or truncation obviously ruins any type of episode/movie for me. It's certainly a disgrace. (And then you have the different voices on top of all that.)
    Not even that, some characters have new voice overdubs. They destroyed Frieza's voice and I cannot stand it as he is my favorite villain.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I would understand the complaints if it were marketed as DBZ, but Kai has been made obvious that it's a different take on the story. To say it's a disgrace is pretty stupid, at least in my opinion. I think it'd only been a disgrace if it were pushed to take the place of the original series, which it really hasn't been.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: The Dragonball Franchise

I hope battle of gods doesn't suck.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I would understand the complaints if it were marketed as DBZ, but Kai has been made obvious that it's a different take on the story. To say it's a disgrace is pretty stupid, at least in my opinion. I think it'd only been a disgrace if it were pushed to take the place of the original series, which it really hasn't been.
    Ah, no problem. That's kind of what I get for not really looking into it that much. However, I still consider Space Suicide's point. I will at least try to give it more of a chance. Pardon my ignorance.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: The Dragonball Franchise

My beef with Kai is that I thought they were gonna edit it to where it flows nicely together. Instead , shit just jumps.

Now I stopped before the end of the sayain saga, they just skipped out on all the filler with out any flow. Gohan just out of nowhere is a warrior.

Now we all know what happens, but what about those who never saw it?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I remember the first DBZ Budokai video game. It was released in Playstation 2 first with quite cool graphics, then it was ported to Gamecube with a really shitty cel-shading effect. The second Budokai game had better cel-shaded graphics, if I remember correctly. I'd play Ultimate Battle 22 in PSX a lot, too.

The series was quite popular here in Greece as well. Of course, the Greek dubbing was bad and really corny - though, to be fair, the show is a bitch to translate, and I'm stunned that they managed to dub all episodes of DB and DBZ with just a handful of actors (just three or four, I think). And there was always the frustration of waiting seven days just to see a filler episode. Plus, I think one episode early in the DBZ series, in the Namek storyline, where Spoiler: Krillin was murdered was censored. But we would share memories and discussions with the other kids in class every day. I was surprised to see that, after that episode where the Saiyans would invade the Earth in six months aired, the episode where they got there actually aired almost six months after that! It felt kinda like real time, heh. The GT series never aired in Greece as far as I'm concerned, nor did any of the specials, movies etc.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I was a huge DBZ fan back in the day, and I was appalled when I saw DBZ Kai on tv one day. For me, the best part of the show was the lead ups to the fights, and they were near non exsistant on Kai.

My favorite way to experence the show, was the dvds with the "full play" mode or whatever its called. The one where the episodes are cut together without the credits/recap/intro.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Kai is a travesty. I tried re-watching the Cell Saga and it left a really bad taste in my mouth. Thank god it was the last they did of the series I'm not mistaken.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Kai is a travesty. I tried re-watching the Cell Saga and it left a really bad taste in my mouth. Thank god it was the last they did of the series I'm not mistaken.
    What was wrong or messed up?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Also

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    So perhaps I wasn't being too hasty? Perhaps it's just me, but I just want to see how far it goes as of now. I was also surprised to see a blue Mr. Popo. I never ever thought that I'd live to see that.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 03-18-2013 at 09:29 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Badass, whats the story behind it? (like new movie or?)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I think the Kai being sold on DVD/blu-ray is different from the kiddy friendly heavily censored (blue Popo wtf?) version that is playing on TV currently. I figured I would buy the Kai sets since the orange bricks are garbage and the Dragon Boxes have long since been sold out.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I have the orange bricks, and they are not that bad to be honest. I think people like to bitch and moan.

The dragon boxes I should have taken advantage of, they are going pretty hefty on ebay right now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Wow, I never caught this this thread until now, major nostalgia feeling right now! I loved this show as a kid, and still have a soft spot for it. I used to watch it prior to it's North American release though, an older friend of mine used to be into it, and would trade VHS tapes through mail and get fansubbed versions of it (which eventually led to me doing the same thing). I remember when the English dubbed version came out, I was incredibly excited for it, but was quickly let down with the censoring and voice acting. Haven't watched an English dubbed episode since!

That being said, I'd check out this new Battle of the Gods movie if a subbed release ever hits the net. Would be fun to watch, and bring back tons of memories.