Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Blame Canada, eh?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    Anyone from Toronto want to meet up and do things one evening?
    If the answer to this is "yes" and you are not myself and @pequena (we're also coming out), please come have a beer or something else with us tonight beginning at 10pm in the Cadillac Lounge!

It's cold as fuck outside so maybe we'll order hot toddies?
    Last edited by botley; 02-25-2016 at 05:02 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    ^^^cool. Anyone in Vancouver? I'm living here. Let's visit some nature spots or go to an amateur strip show (Rent Cheque night) or something.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    So anyway on Sunday we moved to Canada.

Observations so far: Tim Hortons <<<<<<<<<< Starbucks, unless I'm doing it wrong and there's something special I should be ordering. Swiss Chalet = pretty gross but the gravy is interesting. The 401 is a shitty road. Montreal = food is great, bilingualism is a bit confusing so far, bureacracy is a lot more efficient than the US. But yeah, yay.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post

Observations so far: Tim Hortons <<<<<<<<<< Starbucks, unless I'm doing it wrong and there's something special I should be ordering. Swiss Chalet = pretty gross but the gravy is interesting. The 401 is a shitty road. Montreal = food is great, bilingualism is a bit confusing so far, bureacracy is a lot more efficient than the US. But yeah, yay.
    Trump run you out?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Montreal, aka the only place in Canada I'm not super fond of. Working there (at least, in my profession) is a huge challenge if you don't speak French, and even if you try, if you're not that great you get treated pretty poorly.

Rest of the country? Pretty much the most hospitable people I've ever met, time and time again. I would absolutely love to move north, and not because of who's in the Oval Office at the moment. I just think Canada, as a whole, has better priorities than America.

Also, Tim Hortons > Starbucks. All day, every day. But that's just the opinion of someone who never "got" the appeal of Starbucks.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

All you need to know LOL

Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    "May i say Timmies whatever nicotine, MSG, coconut oil concoction you're spiking that industrial strength rot-gut........... BRING IT ON! 'cause the hit from a mitt full peyote buttons blessed by time-travelin' shamans has nothing on that righteous kick in the ass coming your way after a tumbler of Tim Horton's shape shifting rocket fuel"

Ron James said it best.

Oh yeah and you gotta love this.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Trump run you out?
    That was a part of it, yep.
    Also, my wife never felt at home in the Midwest and hated her job, so she applied to a Canadian job and got it.

Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Montreal, aka the only place in Canada I'm not super fond of. Working there (at least, in my profession) is a huge challenge if you don't speak French, and even if you try, if you're not that great you get treated pretty poorly.

Rest of the country? Pretty much the most hospitable people I've ever met, time and time again. I would absolutely love to move north, and not because of who's in the Oval Office at the moment. I just think Canada, as a whole, has better priorities than America.

Also, Tim Hortons > Starbucks. All day, every day. But that's just the opinion of someone who never "got" the appeal of Starbucks.
    I do speak French, it's a bit rusty though. What throws me so far is the constant switching, and when they hear you struggle with French, sometimes people switch to English. My daughter (4 1/2) needs to learn French from scratch! I'm sure in a few months she and I will be fine. For the moment I'll be looking for English-language speaking jobs...
    As for priorities...well, we'll have national healthcare by October.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Anyone living in the Vancouver/BC area will get a HUGE kick out of this. The rest of Canada will probably get a good chuckle as well.

Make sure your volume is turned on. It's a parody of the city of Vancouver to the theme of Full House.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmhYpPlH...by=seabusmemes

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    omfg, with the cons bleating this "we didn't lost the election! we pre-won the next election. hopefully.".
    and some of the papers "he may have won the election, but now he must regain the trust of canada"...derpy fucking doo...dude already, clearly, has enough trust from canadians to have his ass re elected.
    the spinning in this country is comical, fucking sad and mind boggling some days.
    and don't @ me. i didn't vote for baby trudeau and i didn't vote for the gilded oil slick.
    i was hoping to vote for the youth party but they don't exist yet....
    soon. (typed in reznor font, of course).