Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145
Results 4,321 to 4,324 of 4324

Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Last "good" album they subjectively did by consensus was Untouchables but in my opinion the last "good" album and one of my personal favorites was Take A Look In The Mirror.

First two albums are fire, especially that first one. So dark, fresh and new. I really love Issues as well.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    one thing that will be controversial is that I bought a best of Smashing Pumpkins CD rotten apples on the basis of how much so many people on here love them, great songs, horrible horrible voice. Does his voice grow on you over time?
    You get used to it and while I remember finding it off-putting at first, eventually I think you hear it in the right song and it starts really working. Check out Starla - too many of their greatest songs are B-sides.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Last "good" album they subjectively did by consensus was Untouchables but in my opinion the last "good" album and one of my personal favorites was Take A Look In The Mirror.

First two albums are fire, especially that first one. So dark, fresh and new. I really love Issues as well.
    Korn's last album was really good. Like, surprisingly so.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    This mostly applies to God Break Down The Door but, I felt that it would be more appropriate to post it here since it can be applied to pretty much anything.

Why do some people like to get wrapped up in some of the most trivial shit?
    Every time there is a new release by any band, mostly NIN, there is always someone in contention about irrelevant, tiny, details that they blow out of proportion.
    They argue about it to death and somehow like to make it the most significant part of the release?
    Who gives a shit if it's labeled as an L.P. or E.P.?
    Why can't they just be content that there is something new and unique released instead of the constant nick-picking to the point it barely counts as critique.

It's formulaic at this point and I've read these same complaints every single time there is a new release:
    "Oh such and such isn't such and such album"; Then go listen to that album if that is what you want to hear.
    "This song sounds similar to this previous existing song and that's why I hate the entire album cause it's pure laziness"; no one is forcing you to listen to it.
    "I could have done it better"; Then go do it, I'll wait for you to release it, give it a listen and tell you my honest option about it and see if you can stack up against said artist you are trying to shit all over.