Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135
Results 4,021 to 4,026 of 4026

Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Yo, man, I never said anything about Rimbaud, so please apply the same cynicism to TR's lyrics, while you're at it. Because those lyrics are not worse than his.
    Trent has been routinely pulled up on his lyrics by both critics and fans alike whereas the critics fall over themselves to fellate James Murphy for everything he's done.
    http://www.metacritic.com/music/amer...critic-reviews

i don't know why you can't bear people to have one corner of the internet to redress the hype

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    i don't know why you can't bear people to have one corner of the internet to redress the hype
    It's not about that. This is a thread for controversial opinions and discussing those, no? I was just responding to someone who quoted me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I just can't get into Pvris. I've tried to listen to them several times and they just don't do anything for me. Some of my friends rave about them and they are always on tour with a band i like...but they're just...meh to me.

Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    i hate this song and this band so much. people like them, cite how fun they are, but to me, they are lifeless and emotionless, and their lyrics are TERRIBLE. their cover of "shadowplay" by joy division (which was used at the end of the film Control) almost ruined the original version of the song for me, that's how much i disliked it.

all that said, when brandon flowers had a mustache, i found him really attractive.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I'm a casual fan of The Killers, actually surprised there isn't a thread on them here (or maybe there is and I'm lazy). Never took them too seriously but do like there '80s infused pop-rock with a dab of electronica. Saw them at Lolla in 2009 and they put on a great show. "Human" is awesome live, especially as an opener.

Not gay, but Brandon Flowers is a good looking dude.

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I just can't get into Pvris. I've tried to listen to them several times and they just don't do anything for me. Some of my friends rave about them and they are always on tour with a band i like...but they're just...meh to me.
    They're good but the latest album isn't doing shit for me.