Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146
Results 4,351 to 4,362 of 4362

Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    calling musicians who create beats "Producers" is fucking stupid...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    well duh, Neil Peart is coming up with something more complex. But i see the title producer used when a person came up with melody in Rap or a drum pattern. Its odd, why do you call them producer. its song writing no?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Everything is labeled weird in hiphop. All instrumentation is called a "beat". Composers of that "beat" are called producers. Everyone in the room is credited as a songwriter. It makes it really difficult to tell who contributed what to the song. It's possible that it's done by design to make it harder to tell when a rapper doesn't contribute to his own music.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    “Executive Producer: Suge Knight”

^^^ lolz. I always found that one to be humorous since it was always bolded and in large font. Put my name on an album cuz I’m bankrolling it, while pistol whipping mofos in the studio.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    “Executive Producer: Suge Knight”

^^^ lolz. I always found that one to be humorous since it was always bolded and in large font. Put my name on an album cuz I’m bankrolling it, while pistol whipping mofos in the studio.
    That asshole barely contributed to albums minus signing people, making them in debt to him and paying for everything related.

Suge Knight is a piece of shit but that's a whole other story.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Maybe it’s because I’m tired, but I don’t get the point of that article. I for sure do not want to hear what Taylor Swift or Katy Perry or Justin Beiber have to say about the current state of the economy or politics or social issues. Make (and by make I mean whoever their team of writers are) cookie cutter pop songs or party songs or how you’ve been wronged by ex songs- that’s what they do. Also fuck modern country music, it all pretty much sucks anyways so who gives a shit?

Theres plenty of well known musicians in vast genres out there who are bringing politics and social awareness into their music for the last decade. It actually seems opposite to me. Not everyone and everything is going to have a political or social tone to it- nor does it need to be.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My Way by Limp Bizkit is a 10/10 song

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    My Way by Limp Bizkit is a 10/10 song
    WrestleMania 17 is the only reason why. It's like the pilot of The Shield using "Bawitdaba", it was the right song for the right thing at the right time.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    i think if i heard the last two taylor swift albums in their entirety i would really like them. every single is strong. i don't change the station when they're on.

also i've seen a few vids of her concerts this year, and ... holy mother of shit, it's an event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i think if i heard the last two taylor swift albums in their entirety i would really like them. every single is strong. i don't change the station when they're on.

also i've seen a few vids of her concerts this year, and ... holy mother of shit, it's an event.
    Her pop music is infectious. I was never interested in her music until she skewed towards pop. Saw her during her last tour and it was amazing and I will see her again next month. If you have a chance, see her live!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Man on the Run by Bush is an excellent modern rock album.