Page 132 of 191 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,960 of 5728

Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    What about O-Town? You know, those guys who made that song about wet dreams?
    whenever i think of O-Town i just think of Ashley Angel's appearance on Clone High haha

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    98 Degrees is not > anything. They tie with this DNCE "band" though.

The Backstreet Boys made sugary bullshit music, but it was musically more "interesting" than anything N'Sync put out. On a pop musical level, there's actually some "interesting" arrangements and song crafting there.

Then again, "musically interesting" isn't even an objective positive qualifier. Just because there's pop songwriting skill on display there, I could personally not give a fuck.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    98 Degrees is not > anything. They tie with this DNCE "band" though.

The Backstreet Boys made sugary bullshit music, but it was musically more "interesting" than anything N'Sync put out. On a pop musical level, there's actually some "interesting" arrangements and song crafting there.

Then again, "musically interesting" isn't even an objective positive qualifier. Just because there's pop songwriting skill on display there, I could personally not give a fuck.
    dude, you're taking this way too seriously. i was joking around because everyone was ranking these four metal bands that i don't like or care about at all and i thought it would be funny to arbitrarily rank some late 90s boy bands. i don't really like that type of music, but it has a nostalgia factor that makes it fun and funny to occasionally watch a music video or something.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    dude, you're taking this way too seriously. i was joking around because everyone was ranking these four metal bands that i don't like or care about at all and i thought it would be funny to arbitrarily rank some late 90s boy bands. i don't really like that type of music, but it has a nostalgia factor that makes it fun and funny to occasionally watch a music video or something.
    haha, that wasn't my serious face. I had a moment of reliving some of the conversations I had with the kids at the audio engineering school I went to. When you're talking to people who are primarily invested in music production, you can find yourself analyzing stuff that is completely ridiculous... sorta like arguing which movie has better sound editing, Transformers 4 or The Ghostbusters reboot.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    and? which movie is it?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    and? which movie is it?
    Since I haven't seen either, going from the trailers I'd say probably Transformers? lol

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    And Crazy Town, let's not forget about them. Technically they're/were boys in a band.
    I really like Crazy Town's first album, very underrated hip-hop metal in the Limp Bizkit vein: it's got heavy songs, romantic songs, drinking songs, all wrapped up in a brattish off-the-wall vibe that doesn't take itself too seriously. The second album (with Rivers Cuomo on it) is OK, but fails because they started taking themselves too seriously at that point, trying to be Serious Artists. This is also why Linkin Park turned to shit after their second album.
    Hot Action Cop is another sleazy/jokey/douchey rap-metal band which came too late, and got overlooked, but worth checking out:

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Sean Connery>Daniel Craig>Roger Moore>Pierce Brosnan>Timmoty Dalton>George Lazenby.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    George Lazenby rules and On Her Majesty's Secret Service is one of the best Bonds.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Not sure what makes this a controversial music opinion, but what the hell, none of the others are fit to even tie Dalton’s shoes!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    George Lazenby rules and On Her Majesty's Secret Service is one of the best Bonds.
    I concur.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm amazed how this has gone from the Big Four, to Boybands to Bonds. This forum is amazing!

I always liked the bold ridiculousness of Brosnan's Bond

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    My old neighbour went to school with George L and said he was a prick. Punched on with him once he said.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    don't tell anyone, but selena gomez's new single "bad liar" is out-fucking-standing.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    don't tell anyone, but selena gomez's new single "bad liar" is out-fucking-standing.
    I believe you. She's not that bad.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    While I generally prefer The Replacements over Westerberg's solo material, the best thing Westerberg ever did was his contributions to the Singles soundtrack, that includes the original songs, demos and score.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

Is it wrong that I still love and can relate to this song/video after 15 years?

Even though they used to hang out on Fred Durst's label and got lumped with the nu-metal scene, they always seemed to go down a lot smoother for me than the rest of that crap.

Having a werewolf for a drummer doesn't hurt, either..

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post

Even though they used to hang out on Fred Durst's label and got lumped with the nu-metal scene, they always seemed to go down a lot smoother for me than the rest of that crap.

Reminds me of Breaking Benjamin, which I don't mind.

Aaaaaand..... you user name, what happened to it?...

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Reminds me of Breaking Benjamin, which I don't mind.
    lol

Breaking Benjamin are from the same town where my mother and her side of the family grew up. My cousin's husband's band opened for them when they were still a local thing. I realize that's not saying much. I always found Cold to have way more substance than BB, who have about six albums that all sound exactly alike?

Aaaaaand..... you user name, what happened to it?...
    I reverted it back to the original one I used on the Fragile-era NIN forums, Seems Like Salvation and the early days of ETS..

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I own Year of the Spider. It's one of the first CDs I ever bought....

Thanks WWE Backlash 2003.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Pretty sure I also have YOTS, somewhere. The whole thing is enjoyable, from what I remember. Their first album was good, too.

The rest of their stuff is hit or miss, for the most part..

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Cold's image was odd & didn't really match their label and some of their music, but that was still good nu-metal era music. Never had a problem with them, and apparently were/are really nice guys.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Pretty sure I also have YOTS, somewhere. The whole thing is enjoyable, from what I remember. Their first album was good, too.

The rest of their stuff is hit or miss, for the most part..
    i LOVE their s/t album and their second album, 13 ways to bleed on stage. those were, like, my jam sophomore year of high school when my best friend was my lesbian drummer who got me into so much music (including Cold). looking back, i think a lot of their lyrics are kinda...misogynistic, but the music is still good and the emotional connection i have to it is undeniable.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Taylor Swift putting all her stuff on Spotify and discounting all her stuff on iTunes the day Katy Perry releases a new album is incredibly petty.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Cold's image was odd & didn't really match their label and some of their music, but that was still good nu-metal era music. Never had a problem with them, and apparently were/are really nice guys.
    I like Cold's music, but Scott Anderson from Finger Eleven told me that Scooter Ward was one of the most high-maintenance divas that he had ever met. The two bands toured together in the summer of 2003 and apparently the Cold guys barely even acknowledged the Finger Eleven guys. Saw their joint tour at Birch Hill in Old Bridge, NJ.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I've also heard that Scooter Ward is known for being an unsufferable asshole. Cold have some great songs, and managed to transcend Ward's bargain-basement Gavin Rossdale impersonation of a singing voice. I love 13 Ways to Bleed Onstage, it has some fantastic moments. I find Bush unlistenable, but I liked Cold.
    But with A Different Kind of Pain they took a turn for turgid, morose sound that took itself far too seriously. And everything I've heard from them since has been horrible.
    They kind of followed a similar path to Staind: Bizkit-associated nu-metal-tinged post-grunge with auspicious beginnings, asshole frontman, head dive into boring sentimental self-pitying adult rock, obscurity. At least Scooter Ward probably won't launch a horrific "don't tread on me" country career.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Radiohead is overrated. Pissed that Thom Yorke is on their latest cover and not Chris Cornell.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Radiohead is overrated. Pissed that Thom Yorke is on their latest cover and not Chris Cornell.
    They're the most overrated band that ever existed, period.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    They're the most overrated band that ever existed, period.
    I don't know about that. I like them to a point, but never really "got" them or saw what was so amazing about them. I feel that way about TOOL too.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I don't know about that. I like them to a point, but never really "got" them or saw what was so amazing about them. I feel that way about TOOL too.
    I'm not saying I hate them either, it's just my opinion that they're the most overrated one.
    OK Computer puts me to sleep in no time, I find TKOL, Amnesiac, The Moon Shaped Pool and most of Hail To The Thief unlistenable, so on.
    I love tool, and I think they more than deserve their status so I couldn't comment on that.