Page 144 of 191 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,320 of 5728

Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I find them a boring chore to listen to.

They also have a lot of obnoxious songs such as Intergalactic.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I loved those guys when I was a teenager, but I eventually lost interest. I still think they were cool in their time, though. And Paul's Boutique is kind of amazing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I was way into "aglio e olio" at one point a long time ago. Beasties definitely have good songs here and there (gratitude, so whatcha want, looking down the barrel of a gun) and are best when they are a live band, but 80% just doesn't work for me.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Not even the punk or funk stuff? I know you're not into hip hop, but the other directions they went into is still really good too.
    I don't dislike them. They just never did a lot for me.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    some of my faves...avoided the Beasties songs we're all burnt out on:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i associate "intergalactic" with having a stupid amount of fun during the summer before senior year of high school, so i enjoy it. never cared for them before, and honestly "sure shot" and "sabotage" make me wince.

so whatever. but what i have learned is when someone says they don't like something here (re: the whole point of this thread in a roundabout way), no one is going to change their mind after you post a string of youtube vids that you happen to like. in fact, chances are the user you're responding to won't bother watching a single one. that's my experience, anyway.
    Last edited by kel; 05-09-2018 at 06:57 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I don't really care if people like the Beastie Boys or not, but I definitely think they were fantastic, especially once you look past the singles (which I also enjoy).

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Glenn Hughes is the most gifted vocalist and songwriter to front Black Sabbath, even if The Seventh Star isn't their best album (in the top ten for sure). And his solo albums blow away most of Ozzy and Dio's.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Grimes peaked in 2012.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    no way. artangels is so good.

foster the people. i don't know where to put them here. i really like them, especially "sit next to me."

"pumped up kicks" still rules.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    no way. artangels is so good.
    Agree to disagree on that one. For me, it's easily one of the most overrated albums in the last few years. Tries too hard in so many different directions and leaves me with a flat experience.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Grimes peaked in 2012.
    Grimes was never “good”. That’s my take.

Also just found out this week that her her and Elon Musk were dating. Had no idea.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This probably isn’t controversial to people here but it is to me, I randomly listened to Korn ‘freak on a leash’ on a Spotify radio channel and I actually really like it, it has a great bass line. Honestly I’ve just dismissed nu-metal without actually listening to most of it.

one thing that will be controversial is that I bought a best of Smashing Pumpkins CD rotten apples on the basis of how much so many people on here love them, great songs, horrible horrible voice. Does his voice grow on you over time?
    Last edited by WorzelG; 05-13-2018 at 03:03 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Smashing Pumpkins... great songs, horrible horrible voice. Does his voice grow on you over time?

Hahaha. His voice is .. unique. Guess it's like a Geddy Lee kind of thing.
    Last edited by Dr Channard; 05-13-2018 at 05:57 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Hahaha. His voice is .. unique. Guess it's like a Geddy Lee kind of thing.
    i love Rush though although I could see how his voice can annoy. His voice just seems to go with the music

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Also just found out this week that her her and Elon Musk were dating. Had no idea.
    Most everyone did as well, I believe.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    This probably isn’t controversial to people here but it is to me, I randomly listened to Korn ‘freak on a leash’ on a Spotify radio channel and I actually really like it, it has a great bass line. Honestly I’ve just dismissed nu-metal without actually listening to most of it.

one thing that will be controversial is that I bought a best of Smashing Pumpkins CD rotten apples on the basis of how much so many people on here love them, great songs, horrible horrible voice. Does his voice grow on you over time?
    Id be a big SP fan... if Billy Corgan wasn't the singer. Can't stand his voice. The music is great though.

Korn is far from a "bad" band. They've definitely got some cool stuff on their discography. They seem to get hate/dismissed due to the nu metal tag and being all over TRL back in the day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't think for a moment in a Smashing Pumpkins without Corgan's voice. To me, it's a fundamental aspect of the band's sound.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Korn is far from a "bad" band. They've definitely got some cool stuff on their discography.
    Agreed. Not the most consistent band, but plenty of good songs throughout, especially up through 1999.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The Beastie Boys instrumental album/compilation(?) is pretty solid.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Korn is far from a "bad" band. They've definitely got some cool stuff on their discography. They seem to get hate/dismissed due to the nu metal tag and being all over TRL back in the day.
    Korn has some interesting music, though some songs are a bit intense. This is my favorite video by them (caution advised, it's a bit graphic).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone else kinda love their 2nd untitled album produced by none other than Atticus Ross?

Like any Korn album the lyrics can be cringy but it's an interesting sound ... for them at least.
    Last edited by AndItKeepsRepeating; 05-20-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i like "right now" a lot. and "here to stay."

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Last "good" album they subjectively did by consensus was Untouchables but in my opinion the last "good" album and one of my personal favorites was Take A Look In The Mirror.

First two albums are fire, especially that first one. So dark, fresh and new. I really love Issues as well.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    You get used to it and while I remember finding it off-putting at first, eventually I think you hear it in the right song and it starts really working. Check out Starla - too many of their greatest songs are B-sides.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Last "good" album they subjectively did by consensus was Untouchables but in my opinion the last "good" album and one of my personal favorites was Take A Look In The Mirror.

First two albums are fire, especially that first one. So dark, fresh and new. I really love Issues as well.
    Korn's last album was really good. Like, surprisingly so.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    This mostly applies to God Break Down The Door but, I felt that it would be more appropriate to post it here since it can be applied to pretty much anything.

Why do some people like to get wrapped up in some of the most trivial shit?
    Every time there is a new release by any band, mostly NIN, there is always someone in contention about irrelevant, tiny, details that they blow out of proportion.
    They argue about it to death and somehow like to make it the most significant part of the release?
    Who gives a shit if it's labeled as an L.P. or E.P.?
    Why can't they just be content that there is something new and unique released instead of the constant nick-picking to the point it barely counts as critique.

It's formulaic at this point and I've read these same complaints every single time there is a new release:
    "Oh such and such isn't such and such album"; Then go listen to that album if that is what you want to hear.
    "This song sounds similar to this previous existing song and that's why I hate the entire album cause it's pure laziness"; no one is forcing you to listen to it.
    "I could have done it better"; Then go do it, I'll wait for you to release it, give it a listen and tell you my honest option about it and see if you can stack up against said artist you are trying to shit all over.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Agreed

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    ariana grande's new song "no tears left to cry" is fucking AMAZING.