Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Human Civilization on the Brink of Extinction

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Complete Nonsense News

Fukushima reactor No. 4 vulnerable to catastrophic collapse; could unleash 85 times Cesium-137 radiation of Chernobyl; human civilization on the brink
    (NaturalNews) The news you are about to read puts everything else in the category of "insignificant" by comparison. Concerned about the 2012 U.S. presidential election? Worried about GMOs? Fluoride? Vaccines? Secret prisons? None of that even matters if we don't solve the problem of Fukushima reactor No. 4, which is on the verge of a catastrophic failure that could unleash enough radiation to end human civilization on our planet. (See the numbers below.)Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/035789_Fu...#ixzz1uGLGhorz
    If this happens, we're literally all fucked.The world as we know it will turn upside down and our species will fall.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-09-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    lol uh...

Do you have any sources from any real news organizations? This site couldn't possibly be pushing its quackery agenda any harder.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    It's actually a very possible and serious thing we shouldn't be joking about...

but your words "quackery agenda" made me LOL pretty goddamn hard!

Sometimes you need to trust your alternative media more than "real" news organizations. The "real" news articles don't report on sserious issues that the world SHOULD hear about. They drown our minds with useless dribble events and articles to distract us from the REAL issues of the world.

It's a form of control, think about it, if CNN reported on issues like this and told the truth, you know how many people would be flooding the streets in utter chaos like there is no tomorrow? Same could go for alot of stories, not just this. Alot of the "media" is pure fucking bullshit, they don't like to report the full truth, they fabricate their articles to appeal to the masses.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I half expect George Noory to pop up any second.

ManBurning, I agree with you that mainstream media doesn't do a great job, but you also have to be careful about "alternative media," too. There are a LOT of quacks out there, and frankly, I'm not going to trust naturalnews.com as a good source of information. This is seriously something straight out of Coast to Coast AM (who, I'm sure, will be covering this any day now, if they haven't already).

Edit: Check out the comments section of the UC Berkley article listed in that article above (I tried to link it but it wouldn't work for some reason). A lot of people seem to be completely dispelling this whole thing. Seems like a bunch of fear mongering and nothing more.
    Last edited by theruiner; 05-08-2012 at 03:42 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    These fuel rods currently hold the potential to emit 37 million curies of radiation
    The estimated release at Chernobyl is over 50 million curies. However, not all of that was Cs-137, so it is still possible the reactor at Fukushima could release—
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Robert Alvarez, former Senior Policy Adviser to the Secretary and Deputy Assistant Secretary for National Security and the Environment at the U.S. Department of Energy
    10 times the amount of Cs-137 released by the Chernobyl accident.
    It's worth mentioning that while the release of this much Cs-137 would be catastrophic, it absolutely would not end human civilization. The "85 times" number comes from the radiation of all the spent fuel throughout the entire site (and again would not spell the end of human civilization).

Also, unless the Cs-137 is going to walk over here, bend everyone over furniture, and stick big glowing dongs up our nether-orifices, we won't be "literally" all fucked.

Harry is right about NaturalNews being "quackery", something for which the site has been very well known for years. Admin Mike Adams is like a thinner, more outdoors-y Alex Jones: similarly unqualified, they're not concerned with facts so much as with theater.

Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Check out the comments section of the UC Berkley article listed
    That isn't an article: it's a message board post.
    Last edited by Corvus T. Cosmonaut; 05-08-2012 at 04:29 AM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, totally right.

Well, I was in the middle of doing five different things as I was browsing that article; I didn't look very closely at the UC Berkley thing. Besides, I was really posting it to point out that a lot of people there were explaining why the article was B.S. and had lots of information to back it up. I didn't have time to read through it all at the moment and get specifics, but I figured it was worth mentioning.
    Last edited by theruiner; 05-08-2012 at 04:30 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    More Mike Adams, the top article on NaturalNews right now:

Human race being terminated by 'scientific suicide'
    http://www.naturalnews.com/035790_sc...de_humans.html

Monday, May 07, 2012
    by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger
    Editor of NaturalNews.com

(NaturalNews) This is, without question, the most important article I've ever penned, because it discusses the idea that the human race is being destroyed in the name of science.
    He goes on his usual about the evil greedy corporations behind pharmaceuticals and genetically-modified organisms and vaccines and so on and on. But then there's also this part, that I love (bolded emphasis all his, in the original):
    Technology without wisdom is suicide

In the name of science, humanity has developed remarkable technologies. But as a species, humankind operates as infants in terms of wisdom and maturity. We are worse than children with flamethrowers -- we are children with nukes!

A typical top-level scientist working for a corporation or a government body is ethically under-developed, lacking wisdom and perspective. They may be geniuses in their absurdly narrow realms of technical expertise, but they have no understanding of the importance of restraining the application of scientific pursuits in the real world. Even now, scientists working at the Large Hadron Collider near Geneva are playing God with the universe, attempting to discover what they ridiculously call new "particles" even though such particles are not even particles in the first place. (http://www.naturalnews.com/025486_ar...ience_WHO.html)

In their quest for what they claim to be scientific knowledge, they are playing a dangerous game with our world, risking the very small but catastrophically fatal chance that their experiment might create a planet-consuming black hole that devours our world. Sound like science fiction? Most conventional scientists dismiss such ideas as pure nonsense. But their colleagues also told us that nuclear power was safe; that GMOs are safe; that pesticides are safe; that fluoride is safe; that vaccines are safe; and on and on. If there's one thing we can scientifically establish as truth in our world today, it's that scientists vastly and naively overestimate the safety of their own experiments, often in ways that cause widespread harm, death or destruction to innocent people around them.

Scientists are a danger to our world, in other words. And they need to be immediately restrained before they utterly destroy the very conditions on our planet that make human life possible.

History has taught us that scientists have very little ability to anticipate the long-term effects of their present-day actions. The nature of the universe is more complex than even the most brilliant scientist can imagine, it turns out, and when they start to play God with the natural world, unexpected things can and do occur. Murphy was an optimist, as the saying goes. Not only will things go wrong if they can go wrong; they will go wrong in catastrophic ways that simply cannot be anticipated.
    The link within the quote is a classic Adams, where he writes a screed for the purpose of explaining particle physics and rudimentary chemistry to his readers—because physicists just don't understand!—in the service of debunking the idea that subatomic particles exist.

Here's my favorite part:
    Where is Richard Feynman when you really need the guy, anyway? Feynman was one physicist who wasn't afraid to go after the establishment
    Which is great, because I'm a huge fan of Feynman, and I can say one thing for sure: Feynman would think Mike Adams is a fucking moron.
    (It's weird that he picked Feynman, who worked on the atomic bomb at Los Alamos, who was throughout his life a promoter for the sort of critical thinking that is anathema to Adams' cause, and whose work concerned the very same subatomic particles Adams is harping on.)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Thread title needs to be edited for being too sensationalist.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I, for one, think it's time we crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    You know, I read topic heading, and honestly thought that we were all about to die. In a really tabloid-pressy journalistic sort of way.

ManBurning, if you're unable to source reputable information from reputable news sources, you're not looking in the right places. I'd much rather trust the BBC or Al Jazeera than NatualNews.com.

It's a form of control, think about it, if CNN reported on issues like this and told the truth, you know how many people would be flooding the streets in utter chaos like there is no tomorrow? Same could go for alot of stories, not just this. Alot of the "media" is pure fucking bullshit, they don't like to report the full truth, they fabricate their articles to appeal to the masses.

The thing is, everybody knows this. Everyone knows that American Journalism is motivated by opinion, and sensationalism. That doesn't make "alternative" sources any more reputable. If anything they're more reactionary in thier bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah ok...
    from the same site.
    Obama agency rules Pepsi's use of aborted fetal cells in soft drinks constitutes 'ordinary business operations'

PS, how to I un-bold that shit? why cant we have old EST back, twas so much easier.

EDIT: from a year ago.
    Last edited by PooPooMeowChow; 05-08-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The article about Pepsi is hilarious.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Yellow journalism: you're doing it right.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    *shrugs* I didn't think this was going to generate so much hate, but OK. We can turn this into a "nonsense news thread" if you folks really want.

I just saw a few posts about this on my facebook feed (yes, a few... multiple people actually shared this beleive it or not).
    I don't follow this site otherwise, never had, know nothing about it.

Read the article and thought it's a hypothetical situation that could happen. Ya know, it really is a big "what if", it really does make you wonder if the next 6 months were literally the last for human civilization, but we all just kept going on with our day like it was nothing.

I mean, it's kind of good to know. I mean hypothetically speaking if such a catastrope WERE to happen that could poison the air we breathe, wouldn't you like to know about it in advance, instead of just going on with your daily activities, getting exposed to this and then dying 2 days later.

Like I said, I don't follow this stuff normally, but I have a couple friends who do. They will swear on their life this stuff is real and a huge threat to mankind to the point they are limiting their intake of certain foods because radioactive rainclouds are already spiking dangerous levels of radiation into the North American hemisphere, into the crops we grow and the vegetation our livestock eat etc etc blah blah blah...

I tend to ignore all that crap and just eat what I want, I don't care about that nonsense. Just wondered if more people took something like this seriously, but it's quite clear nobody else does. So if anything, it was mainly a test post to see if other people thought this was just some wacko blowing air out of his ass, or this was something to seriously be concerned about.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-08-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Meanwhile, Monsato has been modifying crop seeds for years. It's not that people may not care about humanity "impending" doom, it's just that everything comes across as a Chicken Little-like reaction. Frankly, it seems rather near-sighted when you consider that entire species of animals are on the brink of extinction thanks to humanity. But whatever, it's not like we need orangutans.

Here's a little kernel of truth to keep you and your FB friends up at night: our planet could be destroyed by massive solar flares from the sun; sending waves of gamma rays in our direction that would turn Earth into a desert planet. Think about that next time you're soaking in some vitamin D.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm starting to think I can make a fortune in selling hats made from tin foil these days.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    vitamin k ??

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    *shrugs* I didn't think this was going to generate so much hate, but OK. We can turn this into a "nonsense news thread" if you folks really want.
    No. We don't need hate and we don't need "nonsense news". Neither is appropriate for this forum.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    vitamin k ??
    I think he means special k.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm sorry, every time I see this thread's title I think it says human centipede.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Thread title needs to be edited for being too sensationalist.
    Be my guest to edit the thread title, I tried changing it to "complete nonsense news" but it didn't let me change the Topic of the thread, just the Header of the message.

Or feel free to lock the thread completly.

I learned my lesson to stay far far away from the Headlines section of this forum, i'm going back to Muscial Revolution, sorry for the inconvienece folks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow View Post
    Yeah ok...
    from the same site.
    Obama agency rules Pepsi's use of aborted fetal cells in soft drinks constitutes 'ordinary business operations'

Adds new meaning to the old slogan "Pepsi, the taste of a new generation" Doesn't it?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Keep the population under 500 000

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    MIKE ADAMS again, spouting off about the Colorado business:

http://www.naturalnews.com/036536_Ja...alse_flag.html

This guy's never met a conspiracy too dumb to be believed. (Side note: this is making the rounds on Ron Paul websites, too, and being quite unsurprisingly well-received.)
    Last edited by Corvus T. Cosmonaut; 07-21-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    According to news reports, this sudden violent rampage was completely out of character for James Holmes, who was described as "shy."
    Oh my God, that's so true. I never heard of mass murderers being shy before. Oh, wait... They usually are.

It should be illegal to circulate nonsense like that without a fact checker at the bottom.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't know about usually, but Holmes does fit a certain profile. Depends I think on what kind of mass murder we're offering up for consideration.

EDIT: To use a fact-checker, Mike Adams would need to first understand the word 'fact'.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Holmes is probably a garden variety paranoid psychotic, He has social difficulties, transposes it onto the world at large, loses touch with reality, lashes out at reality. He will either be a shy guy or someone who acts inappropriately (eg bad jokes, overstepping boundaries)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I mean, it's kind of good to know. I mean hypothetically speaking if such a catastrope WERE to happen that could poison the air we breathe, wouldn't you like to know about it in advance, instead of just going on with your daily activities, getting exposed to this and then dying 2 days later.
    Wait....so you're asking me to choose one? I'll play along. Check the appropriate box:

[ ] Learn that, in six months, the human race will end. Spend time freaking the fuck out, trying desperately to search for some sort of way to cheat the system and extend life beyond the 27 years you've snuck in thus far. Immediately begin regretting all the things you never did, and try not to be a total douchebag to the rest of the world as they start raping and pillaging in their final months. Or...

[x] Continue to enjoy my life a day at a time, and accept the painful reality of death with just enough time left to tell my few loved ones just how much they've meant to me.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I don't care how, what time of day or the like but it's true, we're all dead come December 21st, 2012.

A Mayan calendar made of rocks is not a lie.