Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: shame

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

shame

One of my favorite newer discoveries. Can't say enough good things about their debut, Songs of Praise. They just released their first new single in a few years, so a new album should be announced any time now. Surprised to not find a thread on here on them already.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    One of the best bands in the last two years and what a nice renaissance to the "post punk" genre together with Fontaines DC and The Murder Capital (both worth checking out as well if you dig Shame). Had the pleasure to see them live a couple of times in different smaller venues and I sure hope they won't blow up too much too fast like IDLES do.

Not too fond of the newest single, but I'm relieved they are still true to their debut. I did interview them a year ago and at that time they weren't all too sure on how they might evolve on the second record. Glad they stuck to their chops apparently!

Incredible band for such a young age! Then again, weren't all great bands fairly young when they started? :P

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    One of the best bands in the last two years and what a nice renaissance to the "post punk" genre together with Fontaines DC and The Murder Capital (both worth checking out as well if you dig Shame). Had the pleasure to see them live a couple of times in different smaller venues and I sure hope they won't blow up too much too fast like IDLES do.

Not too fond of the newest single, but I'm relieved they are still true to their debut. I did interview them a year ago and at that time they weren't all too sure on how they might evolve on the second record. Glad they stuck to their chops apparently!

Incredible band for such a young age! Then again, weren't all great bands fairly young when they started? :P
    I discovered Idles around the same time as shame and have been loving their stuff too. Do a lot of fans not like the stuff they've been doing recently? Their Tiny Desk concert is great

Last edited by imail724; 09-21-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I have the feeling that I'm the only one who is not too fond of IDLES these days. Yet I have to give it to them that the new singles are pretty nice, I just don't enjoy them as much as I do Shame or The Murder Capital (my favorite out of the post-punk renaissance). Seeing IDLES live is a whole different animal. Then again, IDLES are a bit more punk or even hardcore punk than real post punk imho.

Either way I'm excited for the new Shame record and hope they announce a release date soon!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I have the feeling that I'm the only one who is not too fond of IDLES these days. Yet I have to give it to them that the new singles are pretty nice, I just don't enjoy them as much as I do Shame or The Murder Capital (my favorite out of the post-punk renaissance). Seeing IDLES live is a whole different animal. Then again, IDLES are a bit more punk or even hardcore punk than real post punk imho.

Either way I'm excited for the new Shame record and hope they announce a release date soon!
    Definitely more punk than post-punk. I love the anger mixed with such positive lyrics haha. I'll have to check out the Murder Capital, haven't heard of them.

But yeah, back on topic, really hope a new shame record gets announced soon!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Definitely more punk than post-punk. I love the anger mixed with such positive lyrics haha. I'll have to check out the Murder Capital, haven't heard of them.

But yeah, back on topic, really hope a new shame record gets announced soon!
    Do it, definitely one of the best shows this year, before it all closed down.

On shame: There's a strong indication that the record's name will be "alphabet" aswell. I did ask for the official presskit, but so far there's nothing specific about the new record other than it's about to come out this year. Let's see.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    New record is called "Drunk Tank Pink" and is out on January 15. Sweet!

New single:

I enjoy it, but I'm not sure yet if I liked the more harsh sounding tunes on their first record a bit better. Guys definitely grew up a bit while trying new things so that's a plus!
    Last edited by dlb; 11-18-2020 at 01:01 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Drunk Tank Pink out now.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    New album is an early contender for AOTY for me. Check it out if you like good music.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Somehow I never came across this band but now that I've checked them out, I really like the first album. Gonna have to grab a copy at some point.