There are tons of bad movies out there, but these ones especially hurt:

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
    Batman Forever, Batman and Robin
    Terminator 3
    the Crow 2 city of angels
    Daredevil
    Star Wars prequels
    Spider-man 3
    Just add Fantastic Four (2005), X-Men 3 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine and you'll have the worst superhero movies ever...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I've been thinking about what I could put in this thread and I've come to the realization that I don't really hate any movies. I can recognize when a movie is bad but being bad doesn't make me hate it. In my opinion the worst offence a movie can do is being boring which, as far as I'm concerned is entirely different than being bad. Boring doesn't mean bad.

There are a few really bad movies that I love though; the worst of the worst being Speed 2. It's a terrible excuse of a movie but somehow, I find it highly entertaining.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I fucking loathed X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I thought I would never see a film worse than Transformers 2 that year. I was wrong. Wolverine takes it because they made Wolverine look like a pussy. They messed up the origin story. The visual effects were bad and made the locations look more fake than ever. You had a twist in the third act that made everything even dumber. And then comes the villain Wolverine has to face and it was like... "that?" 2009 for me had 3 of the worst films that year. This, Transformers 2 (though it wasn't surprising at how bad it was), and Gentleman Broncos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    There are tons of bad movies out there, but these ones especially hurt:

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
    Batman Forever, Batman and Robin
    Terminator 3
    the Crow 2 city of angels
    Daredevil
    Star Wars prequels
    Spider-man 3
    Yeah but these are all fairly middling examples when you think of franchises that have really scraped the bottom of the barrel - see Hellraiser 5 onward.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    I've been thinking about what I could put in this thread and I've come to the realization that I don't really hate any movies. I can recognize when a movie is bad but being bad doesn't make me hate it.
    Have you ever seen a Kevin James movie?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I fucking loathed X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I thought I would never see a film worse than Transformers 2 that year. I was wrong. Wolverine takes it because they made Wolverine look like a pussy. They messed up the origin story. The visual effects were bad and made the locations look more fake than ever. You had a twist in the third act that made everything even dumber. And then comes the villain Wolverine has to face and it was like... "that?" 2009 for me had 3 of the worst films that year. This, Transformers 2 (though it wasn't surprising at how bad it was), and Gentleman Broncos.
    100 times this!

I am not even an X-Men fan, but I think I've never ever had so many rage fueled discussions about how bad this one was. And it could have easily been a kick-ass summer blockbuster. Hell, Zack Snyder could not have possibly fucked this one up so badly. At least it would've been gory and stylized.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" is one of the worst superhero movies ever, it has a terrible plot, nasty dialogs and the ruined the best comic character ever!!! (Deadpool)

"Im Drinking to remember", WTF?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" is one of the worst superhero movies ever, it has a terrible plot, nasty dialogs and the ruined the best comic character ever!!! (Deadpool)

"Im Drinking to remember", WTF?

I don't know, I'm a pretty regular reader of Wolverine, and the first 2/3 to 3/4 of the film never bothered me at all. It wasn't amazing, but I legitimately enjoyed it for what it was.

The whole Deadpool thing, yeah I don't know what happened there, that was just unforgivable. You cast Ryan Reynolds in a role where you don't even let him speak, a role that was supposed to all about the snappy one liners, etc, and you don't even give him the mask? It was a weird mash up to begin with, but if you did the character right, you could have potentially gotten away with it. It ended up being a travesty. Even more so that the Deadpool movie isn't even happening anymore, because of how bad the character sucked in the film.

So yeah, first 2/3 of Wolverine, ok in my books, last third/quater... just disgusting. Not trying to make excuses for the film, it is what it is, but then again I never hated Spidey 3 or X3. Sure they were disappointments, worsts of their trilogies, and they are frustrating because of what they could have been, but at the time there were still fun elements of each that I appreciated in their own way. Goth Peter Parker, X-Men forming the line, stuff like that. Moments. The films on the whole may not have lived up to expectations, but that never stopped me from enjoying some of those individuals scenes, characters, lines, or images. Every Marvel film has some of those, regardless of how they turn out by the end. It's because of this, I don't think there is one Marvel movie I legitimately dislike or would never watch again. They all have something in there for me, and they all have replay value (obviously some more than others). I guess I'm just a huge, very forgiving comic book geek with very low expectations.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    The whole Deadpool thing, yeah I don't know what happened there, that was just unforgivable. You cast Ryan Reynolds in a role where you don't even let him speak, a role that was supposed to all about the snappy one liners, etc, and you don't even give him the mask? It was a weird mash up to begin with, but if you did the character right, you could have potentially gotten away with it. It ended up being a travesty. Even more so that the Deadpool movie isn't even happening anymore, because of how bad the character sucked in the film.
    The Deadpool thing is what bothered me the most, but i also think the plot is poor. I understand the fact that everything in Wolvie's life is "made-up" but i think it was done the dumb way, just making him part of any random conspiracy available, the one liners ruin the movie too, i understand it's not an Orson Welles film, but damn... they sure did a lazy job.
    Bottom Line: It could have been so much better (or decent to say the least) that's what really pisses me off... everything was there: The Cast, The Effects, The Characters; it's just bad plotting a ridiculous decisions (a genetically altered Deadpool using cyclops optic blasts? WTF?)

...but i guess im just a very unforgiving comic book geek

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Have you ever seen a Kevin James movie?
    No but I'm definitely going to check it out!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    *cough*Avengers*cough*

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Larry Crowne. This was on in the background, and I should have changed the channel but I was transfixed by how completely terrible it was. What a pile of smirky ineffectual bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I still think the worst movie I've ever had to watch is Boondock Saints. I really really don't get the hype behind this movie. The intro is bad enough, with the two guys walking next to each other (into a church I think?) in slow motion for like literally 5 minutes.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Vampires Suck is on TV now... it's basically a "Scary Movie" parody of the Twilight series.

This may win as the shittiest thing ever created... I've seen Meet the Spartans, and this is worse. Holy shit, I have a really hard time understanding how this was made. I'm actively fantasizing about beating the living shit out of the people who made this.

EDIT: Though I guess it's fitting that "If I Was Your Vampire" by Marilyn Manson is playing over the credits. What a fucking terrible movie. I feel like I need to take a shower
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-29-2012 at 12:18 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    I still think the worst movie I've ever had to watch is Boondock Saints. I really really don't get the hype behind this movie. The intro is bad enough, with the two guys walking next to each other (into a church I think?) in slow motion for like literally 5 minutes.
    It's because William Defoe is great in the movie, the best thing about it.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Vampires Suck is on TV now... it's basically a "Scary Movie" parody of the Twilight series.

This may win as the shittiest thing ever created... I've seen Meet the Spartans, and this is worse. Holy shit, I have a really hard time understanding how this was made. I'm actively fantasizing about beating the living shit out of the people who made this.

EDIT: Though I guess it's fitting that "If I Was Your Vampire" by Marilyn Manson is playing over the credits. What a fucking terrible movie. I feel like I need to take a shower
    Yeah, but have you seen this?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The Saint, the one with Val Kilmer wearing various disquises. Oh, and the one where Bruce Willis wears various disguises... I don't remember what it was called. Was it a remake of a spy movie?

And of course, my two all-time least favourite movies: The Man In the Iron Mask (I HATE THIS FILM FOR ITS INCOMPETENCE IN LIGHT OF ITS POTENTIAL!) and The Back-Up Plan. Not romantic, not funny, not anything.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    what could have been an awesome movie, was ruined with cheesy acting, bad plotting and lots of clichés...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Hi, I'm Milla, I'm here to ruin your movie.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Blair Witch 2. Just inexcusable.

And all of these dull as dishwater day glo CGI superhero movies of the past 10-15 years have been shit. Hulk, Fantastic 4, Iron Man. They're all shit! It's for overgrown kids with low standards, there I said it

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and watch Doctor Who with a big bag of chips

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Yeah, but have you seen this?
    Fuuuuuuuuuck...

These people need to be stopped. Who is actually paying money to see these movies?
    That's it. I'm making a documentary. The next time one of these "Silly Movie!" parody pieces of shit comes along, I'm going to attend as many screenings as I can and interview the people who are paying money to see these films in the theaters... then I'm going to fucking stalk them. It's going to be called "Stupid Motherfuckers"

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    Hi, I'm Milla, I'm here to ruin your movie.
    Speaking of Milla, anyone seen this this? Admittedly, the other only that's probably still enjoyable is the soundtrack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shame
    It got a lot of positive reviews and I only heard good things about it, until I saw the film. The script was dull and forced, the actors (apart from Fassbender) were totally forgettable. It tried so hard to be like a meaningful film, but most of the time while I was watching it it made me go like "what the fuck?! What was that? Oh maaan this sucks"
    Seriously the only good thing about it was Mr. Fassbender's thing hmmmmm, hello *cough*

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    ^^^^^
    THIS. Finally someone else who wasn't seduced by the lame clichefest that was Shame.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Speaking of Milla, anyone seen this this? Admittedly, the other only that's probably still enjoyable is the soundtrack.
    Most boring "artsy-pretentious-Wenders ripoff" ever!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    this has got to be up there.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    sorry guys, but I can't let you forget about this one:

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    sorry guys, but I can't let you forget about this one:
    Dam you! now i remember (*pukes*)

On Topic: Love Kevin Bacon, Hate this movie:

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Most boring "artsy-pretentious-Wenders ripoff" ever!
    But it's directed by Wenders. :?

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    But it's directed by Wenders. :?
    hahaha, my bad, i hated it so much it seemed to me it was a Wenders ripoff