Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Kmfdm

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Kmfdm

Here is The thread for The Ultra-Heavy-Beat.
    KMFDM will never stop!

So they are releasing a new single on May 22nd for their song "Amnesia" from WTF!?
    It's basically just a 5 song remix EP, however, the 5th song is what should interest fans, it's a new song (or b-side) called I (heart) you.

Tracklisting:
    1. Amnesia Kapt'n K Mix
    2. Amnesia Album Mix
    3. Krank (morlocks mix)
    4. Come on - go off (rotersand mix)
    5. I (Heart) You

Annnnnd, you can actually go listen to about a minute of each track online here: http://www.dependent.de/index.php?la...eleases&id=187

The "new" song sounds awesome!

In other KMFDM news, they will be playing a few festivals in 2012 by the looks of it:

http://www.motocultor-festival.com/wordpress/artists/
    http://www.infestuk.com/artists/

And likely filling the days between festivals with club shows:

http://www.bodybeats.be/en/news/kmfd...zappa-antwerp/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm surprised FTW!! hasn't been released yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    new video for the song Amnesia

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Did you guys see the free download for the remix of "I (Heart) You"? Not bad. Looking forward to hearing the original.

On my way to my graduation ceremony today(!) my brother actually put on Hau Ruck unexpectedly which was a great treat (top 3 KMFDM albums for me) and was a fun/ridiculous way to start the day. As far as WTF?! is concerned, I might've made "Spectre" a single - definitely one of the stronger tracks on the album.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Did you guys see the free download for the remix of "I (Heart) You"? Not bad. Looking forward to hearing the original.
    I didn't like that remix that much. I really like the original though, at least the minute long clip they have on that website that I linked in the first post...

right here ---> http://www.dependent.de/index.php?la...eleases&id=187 you can scroll down and hit the play button to bring up a track player with minute long clips from the Amnesia single. New song sounds awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    As far as WTF?! is concerned, I might've made "Spectre" a single - definitely one of the stronger tracks on the album.
    I agree, Spectre is definatly a very awesome and lyrically powerful song, one of the better tracks from WTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I'm surprised FTW!! hasn't been released yet.
    At this point, i'd much rather have them take their time on new material than release another half-assed remix album. Their remix albums have been quite bland latley. However, if they were to release a remix counter album to WTF, no doubt about it, it would need to be called FTW, that's just too awesome, and totally KMFDM style to do that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry for the bump, but just wanted to let you know that I am selling my KMFDM collection. It's complete up until some of the more recent years, as far as full albums go. Check it out here if you are missing any of them.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    KMFDM are in the studio recording tracks for their upcoming new album that will be out Feb. 2013.

Also there is a US tour planned for early March. Sascha updaed facebook yesterday about the album news and today with tour news.
    So far this is what we have:

"The 2013 KMFDM US TOUR is being put together, first date so far are march 8, portland OR, march 9 san francisco, march 10 L.A. ...i'll post the full monty in a few days in the tourdates section."

I love these guys! They just don't know when t call it quits. Sascha K is the hardest working man in the music biz.
    Looking forward to new music and the tour.

I honestly didn't think they're be back this soon, especially since 2014 marks their 3oth anniversary, I assumed they were gonna take 2013 off and come back strong with a 30th anniversary tour/album... Unless they plan on still doing that. Seems excessive tour tour in 2013 and then come back again in 2014.
    Only time will tell.

I might have to travel for these upcoming shows though, Sascha was less than impressed with the Canadian boarder guards last time he came and said they gave him a rough time and swore off doing it again. Hopefully he was just mad at the time and has clamed down, but if it's true, might have to travel to see my KMFDM shows from now on.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 10-05-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Sascha just subtly dropped the title of the album, QUAKE

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Grammarian notes: this thread title should be changed to KMFDM.
    That is all.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Grammarian notes: this thread title should be changed to KMFDM.
    That is all.
    Believe it or not, I originally had the title in CAPS but for some reason it didn't let it go through and it automatically changed it to small case letters.
    You can blame the forum rules and your friendly neighbourhood admins for that.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Bad ETS bad!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Believe it or not, I originally had the title in CAPS but for some reason it didn't let it go through and it automatically changed it to small case letters.
    I had the same problem when I started the IAMX thread (or rather: the "Iamx" thread)! Very frustrating.

I'm pretty excited for some new KMFDM. I just love that Sascha is so productive, even if the last album didn't blow me away or anything - though I still say "Spectre" is one of the best songs, if not the best song on WTF?! ​Really badass track, that one.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

GIVE ME BACK MY ALL CAPS!!
    Anyway, I haven't heard new KMFDM yet, but I recall seeing them a couple times in small venues, and they rocked. At one show I shouted "I LIKE MUSIC!" at whomever was playing guitar at the time, and my friend shouted "DON'T YOU HATE PANTS?! (Simpsons reference). We got a "WTF are you guys talking about" look from him, which was our reward.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Agreed, "Spectre" is definatly the best track on WTF?!

I actually really enjoyed the last album though. I thought it was his best effort since HAU RUCK. The one before WTF?!was just downright terrible... BLITZ, right?
    It's so forgettable, all I remember from that album was the opening track where there were voice recordings that were send in to an answering machine of people saying random shit about KMFDM that made it into the song, that was awful!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I liked Amnesia the best off of WTF?! and Spectre is definitely an awesome song. Heard they were recording but did not know they were touring the US in March, super pumped about that. I saw them on the last two tours and had so much damn fun.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Turns out quake isn't the name of the album, it's the name of a song

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    New album is called KUNST and it is out on Feb. 26, 2013 and here is the artwork:

2013 Tour dates:

Mar 08 - Portland, OR - Star Theater
    Mar 09 - San Francisco, CA - The Independent
    Mar 10 - Los Angeles, CA - Fonda Theatre
    Mar 11 - Santa Ana, CA - The Observatory
    Mar 12 - Phoenix - AZ - Crescent Ballroom
    Mar 17 - Atlanta, GA - Variety Playhouse
    Mar 18 - Falls Church, VA - State Theatre
    Mar 19 - Philadelphia, PA - The Trocadero Theatre
    Mar 20 - Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club
    Mar 21 - New York, NY - Irving Plaza
    Mar 22 - Pittsburgh, PA - Mr. Small's Theatre
    Mar 23 - Chicago, IL - HOB
    Mar 24 - Milwaukee, WI - Shank Hall
    Mar 25 - Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue
    Mar 27 - Denver, CO - Summit Music Hall
    Mar 28 - Salt Lake City UT - The Depot
    Mar 29 - Boise, ID - Knitting Factory
    Mar 30 - Seattle, WA - Showbox SoDo

Well, no Canadian dates. Guess when Sascha said he was never coming back to Canada, he was telling the truth. Now to decide what shows to hit.
    Originally thought of a triple hit portland, San Fran and LA... But maybe I should just go down for just the seattle show. Or... maybe catch the Opening show in Portland, and the ending show in Seattle. Hmm... decisions, decisions.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 11-07-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Haha they are playing NYC on mah birthday.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Guess when Sascha said he was never coming back to Canada, he was telling the truth.
    God damn it. When did he say this? I remember when they cancelled their Kinetik appearance last year; something happen?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Nice, gonna try to do either the Philly or Pittsburgh shows...or both.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    God damn it. When did he say this? I remember when they cancelled their Kinetik appearance last year; something happen?
    Here is what Sascha wrote over at http://www.theultraheavybeat.com/forum under the 2011 US tour thread.

"KMFDM got shafted by the local promoter and we left Toronto without having been paid a penny of our guaranteed fee. It took me several hours to try and persuade the promoter to pay us, spent substantial amounts of time with my agent on the phone to try to resolve the situation (at 2am in the morning !) and finally had to leave without a resolution after having had half of my entourage called "liars" and myself titled as as a "sack of shit" by the promoter's assistant.
    It's a small miracle that nobody got seriously injured in the ensuing clamor.

That was that for that venue, and that was the reason i was nowhere to be seen outside after the show.

In closing, i still haven't gotten paid from them and that fact tore a huge hole into the touring-budget.

In general i have to say that the way we have been treated by Canadian border officials was less than appealing, i have no real reason to think about re-visiting Canada so soon again, fuck these arrogant pigs
    ."

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Looks like we're gonna get to hear the full album streamed online 3 months ahead of it's release date?
    Sascha just updated facebook about 15 minutes ago with the following:

"the date is wednesday 11/21
    the time is 4:30 pm EST

be right here and perk your ears to listen to KUNST !!"

This is pretty wicked cool if the whole album will seriously be streaming online 3 months ahead of release.
    Either way, I have the day off work, so i'm definatly gonna tune in and see what shows up.

EDIT:
    I just realized there is a title track by the same name. So maybe he's not referring to KUNST as an album, but as the song. Here's the tracklisting for the album:

KUNST
    AVE MARIA
    QUAKE
    HELLO
    NEXT BIG THING
    PUSSY RIOT
    PSEUDOCIDE
    ANIMAL OUT
    THE MESS YOU MADE
    I(heart)NOT
    Last edited by ManBurning; 11-16-2012 at 03:23 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Looks like it was just a stream of the SONG KUNST today...

But it's still a good track. classic Humerous tongue-in-cheek KMFDM lyrics, haha.

http://soundcloud.com/metropolisrecords/kmfdm-kunst
    Last edited by ManBurning; 11-21-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like how every KMFDM album has a KMFDM song on it. I think I am serious about this.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiovoyr View Post
    I like how every KMFDM album has a KMFDM song on it. I think I am serious about this.
    Rammstein sing about thmselves alot in their songs as well, maybe it's a german thing, lol.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Do they sing about themselves "alot" or just in that "Rammstein" song?
    (This is a serious question btw).
    Last edited by aggroculture; 11-21-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Do they sing about themselves "alot" or just in that "Rammstein" song?
    (This is a serious question btw).
    Well, they also say Rammstein alot in the opening track from 2009's liebe ist fur alle da "Ramm-Lied".
    And in The track where Till from Rammstein collaborated with Die Puhdys - "Wut will nicht sterben" He says Rammstein in there as well. 2:02 into the song.

Those are the examples I know off the top of my head.
    I mean, yeah KMFDM go a little overboard with the name saying, but yeah, it was a light-hearted joke/comparison I thought amusing.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 11-21-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    and the opening track on Herzeleid, "Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen." the album opens and closes with Rammstein-centric material.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    If someone is brave enough (or has alot of time on their hands) i'd actually like to know exactly how many songs KMFDM have said their name in their own name in, heh.

Now it's kind of bothering me.

I quick search in google provides no useful results.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Thanks guys. My theory is that Rammstein are directly influenced by KMFDM in that regard - in making themselves into a brand.