Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Kmfdm

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I'm sure I'll be at the Milwaukee date! Yeah, every time I've seen them they've been fun/great. That being said, the "Hell Yeah Tour"??? WTF?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Of course the dream industrial tour rolls through and the nyc date is when I'm getting married. Oh well.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebek View Post
    Of course the dream industrial tour rolls through and the nyc date is when I'm getting married. Oh well.
    It's a sign, definitely telling you something.

Just kidding- congrats! :P

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Not too bad. Nice and catchy. Dumb lyrics. Surprised at how Sascha's vocals sound, kind of softer than I'm used to.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Why are the lyrics to every single song in the past 10-15 years just made up of a bunch of different idioms?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post

Not too bad. Nice and catchy. Dumb lyrics. Surprised at how Sascha's vocals sound, kind of softer than I'm used to.
    You're not the only one that noticed a change in the vocals. As soon as he started singing, I could tell something was different. He kind of sounds younger on this song, voice doesn't sound as hard or as loud.

I like it though. Been a while since I enjoyed a KMFDM song after the first listen. Very nice beat. Seems more electronic than usual, which is good. I was sick of hearing chugging guitars and bass. You know, the KMFDM formula they have stuck with and repeated album after album since WWIII.

The lyrics to KMFDM songs have never been their strong point anyway. I've heard worse.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-24-2017 at 01:52 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Kinda different. Only took a decade. Hopefully the rest is good.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Full album now available to stream.

Midway through now. It actually sounds like a vast improvement over the last few, some very catchy numbers on here!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    About an hour ago, I came to post that it was out to stream... I was about 3 or 4 songs in, and ready to praise the hell out of it. However, I decided to stop in my tracks and listen to the full thing before making a final verdict, as with KMFDM albums, I have noticed they usually start out strong, but get a little lazy as the record goes on...

Wish I could say it's different on this one, but... it's not. This sucks! and not in the good "KMFDM SUCKS" kind of way...

As mentioned above, the record starts off really solid til about 5 or 6 songs in, and then it just all blends together with an overload of Lucia, predictable and repetitive lyrics and songs. Even Rip the System V 2.0 seems like a really bad remix... Why do they insist on keep re-working their old songs? Have they run out of ideas (Wait, don't answer this...), even the ending song "Glam, Glitz, Guns and Gore" (If that's what it's called), seems like a WWIII throw-away track.

This record seems more of a KMFDM retrospect than a brand new collection of tracks. Strangely enough, the best tracks are oppression 1 and 2... and those are only 30-40 second interlude songs. That should have been expanded on. The music/beat in those songs is amazing. Just sucks they are so short. "Total State Machine" is the best Sascha track on the album, and I actually enjoy "Murder My heart" for it being a Lucia song, after all. Lucia songs are usually garbage, but every now then she has a really good one. This is that 1/10 tracks that I enjoy of hers.

I love KMFDM, or should i say loved them... they don't have the punch they used to have in the mid to late 90s and even early 00s. I think these guys should throw in the towel when it comes to studio records. Sascha and friends need some more hands in the honey pot again. Sad to not see another well known collab here, Skold, Ogre, someone else!! He needs to bury the hatchet with all the old ex-KMFDM members and just get together for one more kick-ass record. I know he'll never do that though, he's too stubborn.

I think KMFDM have the opposite problem to Mr. Manson, their live show is still KILLER. I love a good KMFDM show. I will go to a KMFDM show again and again, but as for their studio records, they are kinda Meh... where as Manson, it's the opposite. Guy can't hold it together live for the life of him, but damn... sure knows how to make a good record in the studio.

Anyway, 4/10
    Last edited by ManBurning; 08-11-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I talked to Sascha for the Cold Waves festival podcast:

https://soundcloud.com/coldwavessoundcheck/614-kmfdm

Made sure to ask him if ohGr would perform any classic tracks with them on stage this fall.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    New album isn't bad. It kinda wavers in the second half. Strong first half. Some of it sounds refreshed.

The lack of guitars are an improvement for me. Jules kinda out stayed his welcome, imo, and ran out of ideas early on. Not having to hear his recycled riffs is a relief.

Lucia is a lot more bearable this time around. Won't go as far as to say she won me over. But, she's a lot more tolerable this time around for me.

Much better album than the last two.

7/10

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    A few of the later tracks grew on me a bit, like "Burning Brain" that song is awesome. Still think it's just a mediocre record at best, definitely not their worst. That title might go to Blitz!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I really hated the last two. This one is nowhere near that. I went into this album with extremely low expectations. It surpassed that and the last two. It's not the most remarkable album and probably has about as much replay value as most of the albums post-2002. Not much. But it's alright for what it is.

Some people aren't happy about the lack of guitar. I'm the opposite. I'm happy they've been pushed aside. Some of the solos, though, seem out of place to me. It's like someone copy/pasted wannabe gnr solos.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Found a photo of the setlist from last nights show at the Cold Waves tour.
    Looks like "That's all" w/ Ogre was on the set, but cut.

Figured there was no way they would tour together and NOT play a song together. Assuming it was cut for time or maybe it wasn't fully or properly rehearsed yet.
    Hope someone going to a show gets that shit on camera IF it does happen.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Facebook post reveals they're doing a new vinyl issue of Nihil! They've shown off green and black colors.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Great new interview w/ Sascha regarding the re-issue of NIHIL and the making of the original record and various other things:
    https://www.vinyllyhere.ca/single-po...issue-of-NIHIL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Great new interview w/ Sascha regarding the re-issue of NIHIL and the making of the original record and various other things:
    https://www.vinyllyhere.ca/single-po...issue-of-NIHIL
    I kinda love how much he hates Juke Joint Jezebel. The Moroder mix of that is one of my favorite songs of all time.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    My Nihil is shipping, yay!

(Can't wait to have Ray sign it)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninhead View Post
    I kinda love how much he hates Juke Joint Jezebel. The Moroder mix of that is one of my favorite songs of all time.
    I personally like JJJ and all it's many remixes as well, but I can understand why he hates it so much. It's basically the most "mainstream" KMFDM song out there.
    It's like KMFDM's equivalent of "Closer"

NIHIL as a whole though, is a masterpiece. Not a single bad track on that record from start to finish.
    A lot of people really praise XTORT for being a great record as well, but to me that one was always kind of "meh"

My top KMFDM albums are: NIHIL, ADIOS, SYMBOLS and ANGST. Those 4 records there are the epitome of KMFDM. Everything before or after 1993-1999 is just kind of average. I would take post break-up KMFDM over early KMFDM any day of the week though. Those first few records have not aged well at all. UAIOE is probably my least favorite KMFDM album of all of them. BLITZ is up there as well with being hot garbage.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I believe this might be a snippet from a new track:

https://soundcloud.com/kmfdm_officia...4BGKOAwIgY9nEw

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    YES! Today is a good day. New KMFDM announced for September 27th, and it sounds like a banger!!

Here is the description from facebook:

Long revered for their innovative blend of virtually all forms of music into a monolithic juggernaut of industrial/rock, topped off with scathing and confrontational lyrics that challenge the social and political zeitgeist, KMFDM is at the top of their game as this latest album hosts some of the band’s most diverse material. From the abrasive hip-hop stylings of “K-M-F,” to the dark alt. rock ambience of “Oh My Goth,” the dub-meets-electro/metal assault of “PARADISE” and “No God,” and the mechanized industrial/dance energy of “Automaton,” “Disturb the Peace,” and “Megalo” (a new rendition of the band’s classic “Megalomaniac”) – KMFDM leaves no stone unturned as the album calls for revolution against a world overrun by fascism, authoritarianism, and violence.

Helmed by founder and frontman Sascha “Käpt'n K” Konietzko and Lucia Cifarelli, delivering their searing and brutal vocal performances like liquid daggers, and backed by the percussive fury of Andy Selway, KMFDM is joined by Black Sugar Transmission’s Andee Blacksugar lending his angular guitars to give the seething bite of PARADISE just that extra shot of venom. Of course, what would a KMFDM album be without a few guest performances? For PARADISE hosts some of the most impressive in the band’s history. Doug Wimbish (TACKHEAD, Living Colour) returns for another round to lend his electrified funk bass skills to “Piggy.” Longtime alumni Cheryl Wilson brings her soul mama vocals to the disco-infused “WDYWB,” while rapper Andrew “Ocelot” Lindsley delivering an all-out verbal assault on “K-M-F.” But if that weren’t enough, fans will undoubtedly be overjoyed as “Binge Boil & Blow” finds the Lord of Lard himself, Raymond “PIG” Watts returning to the KMFDM fold for the first time in 16 years !
    Raymond Watts is BACK!! Can't believe it. Never thought I would see the day and the tracklist sounds fire.
    Based on the descriptions above looks like the tracklisting will be:
    1. K-M-F
    2. Oh My Goth
    3. Paradise
    4. No God
    5. Automation
    6. Disturb The Peace
    7. Megalo (a re-worked megalomaniac for 2019)
    8. WDYWB
    9. Piggy (lol... NIN song)
    10. Binge Boil & Blow

Sounds like it's gonna be gooood!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    It's been a long, long time since I had any hope for a KMFDM album. But as always, I'll give it a shot. Ray being present is a good sign for that very track at least.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'll check it out. Raymond Watts is enough for me to look into it. I love Nihil. It's one of my favorites.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Very generously sized previews of the new songs here:

https://www.beatport.com/release/par...rCli1m9IBxxZV0

EDIT: Well, that was disappointing. *sigh* I'm not feeling this record. This... isn't good at all. Couple things grabbed my attention, but not enough to make me want to go back.
    The song with Raymond Watts was underwhelming. KMFDM alumni <PIG> and SKOLD are well off without Sascha. They are worlds ahead of him.
    Lucia was the worst thing that ever happened to this band.
    And the re-recorded Megalomaniac for an "updated 2019 sound"... why? No, just no.
    This is why I don't pre-order records or go out and "blind buy" records anymore. I started to get burned by albums in the mid 2000s for "blind buying" them.

I'm usually one to back up and try and find some silver lining in a new KMFDM release, but... This is truly awful. Even for KMFDM. And they've had some stinkers, but... this one might take the cake.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 09-05-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They're "interesting". Sascha seems to be taking his time more with albums, and that's a good thing. He's trying new-ish things, sort of. I'll definitely check it out when it comes out.

No surprise the track with Raymond is good either.
    Last edited by Piko; 09-05-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    they already took the samples down. lol

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    they already took the samples down. lol
    When I click the link, it gives an "oops something went wrong" page, BUT... I can still listen to them. I get a little radio player that pops up on the bottom of the screen that allows you to move between the tracks and play/pause them etc. Not sure if that's just mine? Maybe cuz I listened to them already, it's like a cookies thing with the website that remembers I was there already?

But yeah, I noticed they took their FB post down yesterday evening promoting the samples.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Lucia was the worst thing that ever happened to this band.
    THIS IS THE CRAZIEST THING I'VE HEARD ALL YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! Off the top of my head 'Pro Killer' and 'Looking For Strange' are GOLD.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    She has her moments. Most of the bad ones are her songs imo.