Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Red Dead Redemption

I borrowed this game from my cousin last weekend. It's so fun. It's gotten me into westerns again as well. I guess I'm playing through as a good guy. At first I hated the horse controls though. Now I got the hang of it and it's actually pretty cool, riding one. I have my horse full loyalty, so that helps I guess. I'm definitely getting the GOTY edition. Question: ::::::SPOILERS:::::

I just saved Bonnie from getting hanged. How far along am I in the story?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd say you're maybe a third of the way done with the New Austin missions, but there's a bunch to do after New Austin. So I think you're not all that far into it. I really enjoy that game. I was considering putting it in today to work on some more of the achievements. The game is beautiful. One time I was riding along and the sun was setting and it started to rain. It gave me chills. You'll know you're approaching the end of the game when you get back to Marsten's house. I hope you don't consider it a spoiler to know that the game doesn't end when he makes it back home. I like that they did it that way and the end plays out in a way I hadn't really seen in a game before.
    Last edited by Goldfoot; 11-28-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This game is fun and all but the story was never engaging enough to atop me from lassoing everything with legs

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I bought this over a year ago and played through the entire game. Loved it. I recently popped it back in again to play more of the Undead Nightmare pack. Fantastic game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like it better than any of the GTA games put out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by S. Chonson View Post
    I like it better than any of the GTA games put out.
    Indeed. But I still wonder why that is, or why I feel that way about it. With the exception of the bullet-time mechanics it's quite literally GTA on horseback.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I re-bought this game on PS3...GOTY Edition...when it comes to multiplayer (level 7 or something right now) I feel like I'm doing a lot better than when I first owned the game. But I still can get pwned impossibly fast. Is it in the weapon they use? Are there cheaters? How does the auto-aim sometimes work against other players and sometimes not? I want auto-aim completely off for everybody when it comes to engaging real people. That's how it ought to be. Is that a certain Free Roam difficulty setting, or is it all on each player's options?
    Last edited by Amaro; 07-11-2012 at 04:45 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like this game. I had a lot of fun fucking around with my friends online, but single player for me was such a damn bore. I'd play for a good hour or so in single player and get so bored with it. I couldn't get into any of the characters, the quest to me were lame and the story itself was just boring to me. I think it's probably because I don't really like westerns.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Could never get fully into the multi (though it seemed like one of the more interesting multiplayer games I've tried) but the single player campaign was glorious. Granted, things did start to drag a bit during the Mexico arc, but all in all a wholly immersive and satisfying experience. I've been jonesing for a similar game since I polished it off back in 2010 (Undead Nightmare was okay but didn't quite grab me as much as the game proper). Hopefully AssCreed III will fit the bill!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Only redeeming value I saw about the multiplayer was the fact that you and your friends and ride around and kill others. Which was a lot of fun. Riding around and wham, dead by some random Guy with a rifle. The fun came along when you and you're friends track the Guy, and kill him, again and again... other than the free roam stuff, we didn't bother. Completed challenges, like how you can get your bounty. I actually just rebought the game this week too (GOTY). Never finished the campaign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is up there as one of my favorite games I've ever played.
    I can't think of any other game where I actually stopped what I was doing to admire the sunset/sunrise.
    Riding up to the mountains to hunt Bears. Wreaking havoc while riding the train.
    The only things I didn't like was Mexico (like most people) and the ending.
    Can we talk spoilers since this has been out a while?

EDIT: ok, I hate playing as John's son. He's a cunt.
    Last edited by PooPooMeowChow; 07-11-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Sure, speak Spanish even, but will someone who knows please answer my questions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    But I still can get pwned impossibly fast. Is it in the weapon they use? Are there cheaters? How does the auto-aim sometimes work against other players and sometimes not? I want auto-aim completely off for everybody when it comes to engaging real people. That's how it ought to be. Is that a certain Free Roam difficulty setting, or is it all on each player's options?
    As you level up you'll get better weapons, the first ones do suck.
    There is a glitch that I know of. People do something so that they're invincible with the throwing knife but with the throwing knife only.
    I'm not completely sure about the Aim Assist. But you can get Dead Eye which pretty much kills instantly.

For lots of points to level. Posse up and do the gang hide outs in Free Roam. Pikes Basin gives the most points.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This game (multiplayer) is pure fun. I'm definitely figuring out more in general.

PS3 people: Add me @ Dubalubb, if I'm maxed out just PM me here or there.
    Last edited by Amaro; 07-15-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    This was one of the only few games which I actually wanted to complete 100%. It took me a while but when I finished it was quite possbily the greatest day of my gaming life (to that point).

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I just bought this last week, and god is it addicting. The game is so deep and there is a lot to do to keep you busy for a while. How good is Undead Nightmare??

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    its great. what system?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    You fucks and your Xbox... It's always goddamn Xbox.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    its great. what system?
    PS3 over here.

@Magrao - I feel your pain dude.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rumors swirling that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be revealed at E3 this year. If so, I'll shit my pants in excitement.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rumors swirling even more now that Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of The West will be revealed at E3, and release late 2017.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Red Dead Redemption 2 map reportedly leaked.

Announce this damn thing already.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rockstar posted this on Twitter about two hours ago...yussssss

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    does anyone still play the multiplayer on PS3?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    does anyone still play the multiplayer on PS3?
    I've actually never played the multiplayer before but I'd be willing to join a game with you.

Haven't played the game in years so I'll no doubt have to relearn all the controls haha

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I've actually never played the multiplayer before but I'd be willing to join a game with you.

Haven't played the game in years so I'll no doubt have to relearn all the controls haha
    i've never tried the multiplayer either. Let's check it out sometime soon, brother man.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    As much as I'm loving the idea of a second RDR, I wonder how/if they'll continue their story. After all they've said everything they had to say with the first one. In a near perfect way nonetheless.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Shit, no PC announcement. Maybe it will come later like GTA V.