Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: David Lynch

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    It was to be expected; but i don't believe him, i think he'll make at least another movie...

If he doesn't, that's fine too... He's one of my favorites but i think he has "said" all he needed to and the new series will give us plenty more of the "Lynch universe" to dwell into.
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 05-08-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    If he's not going to make anymore films. I'm fine with it. We got a new season of Twin Peaks coming. That's more than enough. He's already got a legacy well intact.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Amazingly, I just watched Eraserhead for the first time yesterday. It was certainly a movie...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    He also said he'd never shoot on film or edit with a computer either. If Terence Malick can make several films in a row now with the kind of backing he's getting, Lynch can certainly find it too. I suppose that the experience with what happened on Inland Empire made him tap out.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Has anybody here watched The Art Life? I rented it today on Amazon and loved it -- it was far more personal and revealing than just about anything else I've seen from Lynch. Also, it has the Criterion/Janus title cards in the front, so it's likely going to get either its own standalone release or included in the Criterion Fire Walk With Me set that's known but not officially confirmed just yet (the poster for FWWM on Apple TV even has the Criterion logo on it).

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I haven't seen it, but I'm pretty sure it will get a standalone release because I was able to add it to my Netflix DVD queue. Glad you liked it, now I'm excited for when it becomes available to me.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Don't you guys think it's adorable and bizarre that Lynch calls Madchen, (which is pronounced MAY-chen,) "Madge-kin?"
    And stranger still, he calls Kyle Maclachlan "Kale."

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Don't you guys think it's adorable and bizarre that Lynch calls Madchen, (which is pronounced MAY-chen,) "Madge-kin?"
    And stranger still, he calls Kyle Maclachlan "Kale."
    have you not watched the "between two worlds" special feature where he sits down and talks to them (and a guy who worked on the series during its original run) and explains why? it's a special feature on both the DVD gold box and the "complete mystery" blu-ray box (it's longer on there). there's also one where he interviews the "palmer family" as their characters, and then talks to them as the actors. both are great and totally worth watching. sadly, i can't seem to find them online.

anyway, kyle is "kale" because of dino delaurentis being unable to pronounce his name while they were making dune, and madchen is "madgekin" because david gave her that nickname for fun. there's more detail than that, but that's the gist of it.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    have you not watched the "between two worlds" special feature where he sits down and talks to them (and a guy who worked on the series during its original run) and explains why? it's a special feature on both the DVD gold box and the "complete mystery" blu-ray box (it's longer on there). there's also one where he interviews the "palmer family" as their characters, and then talks to them as the actors. both are great and totally worth watching. sadly, i can't seem to find them online.

anyway, kyle is "kale" because of dino delaurentis being unable to pronounce his name while they were making dune, and madchen is "madgekin" because david gave her that nickname for fun. there's more detail than that, but that's the gist of it.
    I've seen it; I still find it adorable and bizarre.
    It WAS on YouTube

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Never had the Gold boxset, so thats news to me; i had the original DVD seasons boxes and they didn't had those extras, and i have the "Complete Mistery" blu ray and it's missing there too..

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Never had the Gold boxset, so thats news to me; i had the original DVD seasons boxes and they didn't had those extras, and i have the "Complete Mistery" blu ray and it's missing there too..
    no, it's not. it's on the complete mystery blu-ray box set and it's extended from the version that was in the gold box. i can't remember which disc it was on but my wife and i watched it when we got to that disc in our re-watch. i will pop them in and take a look. i think it's titled differently or something, but i promise it's there.

edit: it's called A Slice Of Lynch and i had mixed it up with the "between two worlds" feature's title. and i found it on youtube, for those of you who don't own the box set! (this is the 30-minute version, not the extended version, sorry)

Last edited by eversonpoe; 05-30-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Gonna check it out!

Thanks @eversonpoe !

BTW, i'm looking forward to this new season Blu Ray release

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Has a Lynch 2-film viewing party this weekend; it was all of my friends' first exposure to Blue Velvet and everyone's, myself included, to Wild At Heart.

-The dead silence from everyone during Frank Booth's entire introduction scene was as priceless as their laughter whenever Heineken or PBR was mentioned

-Wild At Heart was actually a lot more enjoyable than I thought it might be. I really found myself liking Nic Cage in it, in all his ridiculousness.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Has a Lynch 2-film viewing party this weekend; it was all of my friends' first exposure to Blue Velvet and everyone's, myself included, to Wild At Heart.

-The dead silence from everyone during Frank Booth's entire introduction scene was as priceless as their laughter whenever Heineken or PBR was mentioned

-Wild At Heart was actually a lot more enjoyable than I thought it might be. I really found myself liking Nic Cage in it, in all his ridiculousness.
    i feel like that was the first time nic cage got to go FULL NIC CAGE, you know what i mean? i love that movie more every time i watch it.

i've only seen blue velvet once and, honestly, that was enough. it was good, but it's definitely the most upsetting lynch film, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    (Bi?)Annual Criterion Collection 50% sale for Barnes and Noble begins today.

Time for me to grab the blu-ray copies of Eraserhead and Mulholland Drive finally. Grabbing them during lunch break.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It has been done

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I have those 2 DVDs already. I hope Blue Velvet is the next Criterion release.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    (Bi?)Annual Criterion Collection 50% sale for Barnes and Noble begins today.

Time for me to grab the blu-ray copies of Eraserhead and Mulholland Drive finally. Grabbing them during lunch break.
    thank you! i got them online with free shipping so it was only like $42 w/tax. <3

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I have those 2 DVDs already. I hope Blue Velvet is the next Criterion release.
    I've whined about this already numerously in here but I hate the lack of blu-ray versions and transfers of Lynch's films in the US. It's impossible to get Wild At Heart due to it being OOP, there's no US blu of Lost Highway, etc.

It's so frustrating as I now loathe DVDs so if I want them I have to find HD rips online, import expensive foreign copies to see in best quality possible or buy shit ass vanilla DVD copies. Haha.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    thank you! i got them online with free shipping so it was only like $42 w/tax. <3
    Figured I wouldn't be the only one looking to get them this sale so I posted on ETS.

Welcome!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I've whined about this already numerously in here but I hate the lack of blu-ray versions and transfers of Lynch's films in the US. It's impossible to get Wild At Heart due to it being OOP, there's no US blu of Lost Highway, etc.

It's so frustrating as I now loathe DVDs so if I want them I have to find HD rips online, import expensive foreign copies to see in best quality possible or buy shit ass vanilla DVD copies. Haha.
    http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Wild-a...Blu-ray/79185/

that's the version of wild at heart we have. my wife is subscribed to the Twilight Time e-mail newsletter and that's how we found out about when it was getting printed. it looks/sounds phenomenal, and we only paid $35 for it (which isn't that unreasonable) when we pre-ordered it.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Love me some bi-annual Criterion Collection half-off sales at B&N. It's also a lame excuse to go trawl through their vinyl section while I'm there.

Tonight on blu-ray I bought Eraserhead, Charade, The Killers, Mildred Pierce, The Asphalt Jungle, Medium Cool, Diabolique, His Girl Friday and They Live By Night

that's the version of wild at heart we have. my wife is subscribed to the Twilight Time e-mail newsletter and that's how we found out about when it was getting printed. it looks/sounds phenomenal, and we only paid $35 for it (which isn't that unreasonable) when we pre-ordered it.
    Oh man, I paid like $50 for mine and it now goes for upwards of $80 even for just for a decent used copy, I think? Twilight Time releases some great titles, but they're exclusive af and skyrocket in price quick. I got caught sleeping on their release of The Big Heat a few years back and paid like $75 for it after the fact. Worth every penny, but sheesh..

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Love me some bi-annual Criterion Collection half-off sales at B&N. It's also a lame excuse to go trawl through their vinyl section while I'm there.

...Charade...
    charade is in my top 5 films ever, along with big trouble in little china, fright night, & brick.

sorry, i know this is the david lynch thread.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post

Tonight on blu-ray I bought Eraserhead, Charade, The Killers, Mildred Pierce, The Asphalt Jungle, Medium Cool, Diabolique, His Girl Friday and They Live By Night
    Derailing to say I bought more today haha. I got The Blob, Dr Strangelove: Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, Scanners, Videodrome, Pan's Labyrinth and Straw Dogs. I spent too much but oh well.

Speaking of Criterion they're releasing the David Lynch documentary the Art Life soon too!
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 07-12-2017 at 03:30 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Going to be watching Inland Empire for the first time in a long time. Last time, I had a weird experience and had to give up half way through. Started feeling very weird, and ended up puking black bile in my sink. After that, I immediately started feeling better again. Probably should of went to the doctor after that, but hey I'm alive.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Came across this little clip while watching the behind-the-scenes doc on the Lost Highway Blu-ray. Lynch was using "Gave Up" and the Pixies song "Ana" in rehearsal for the bowling alley scenes
    Last edited by botley; 08-09-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Going to be watching Inland Empire for the first time in a long time. Last time, I had a weird experience and had to give up half way through. Started feeling very weird, and ended up puking black bile in my sink. After that, I immediately started feeling better again. Probably should of went to the doctor after that, but hey I'm alive.

Call for help.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I wish the documentary Lynch Two wasn't only on the special edition of Inland Empire, which goes above 40$ now. Haven't ever seen it, and it's not even something you can find online. Wonder why it isn't on the criterion release of The Art Life? Would have been a good extra, along with Lynch One.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I am so in love with Dougie being an accidental badass. "Confess." All he wanted was some pie and he makes a man have a meltdown. He's my hero.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Came across this little clip while watching the behind-the-scenes doc on the Lost Highway Blu-ray. Lynch was using "Gave Up" and the Pixies song "Ana" in rehearsal for the bowling alley scenes
    Is this from the German box set that also includes Inland Empire and Mulholland Drive?

I ask because I ordered this and am hoping the films will contain heretofore unseen supplemental material (especially Lost Highway)