Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Malkovich as the Log Lady...... *splooge*

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Malkovich as the Log Lady...... *splooge*
    The Log Man

Malkovich deadpanning cryptic connotations into the camera while cradling a log? I'd be perfectly alright with that..

Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    my wife and i started our re-watch of Twin Peaks today (watching the blu-ray box set). it's her third or fourth time through the series and my second. loving it even more this time around.

Mentioned
    308 Post(s)

https://www.srcvinyl.com/david-lynch...deluxe-lp.html

• One-Time Pressing On Silver Vinyl, Strictly Limited To 1500 Copies
    • Comes With Silver Vinyl 7-Inch With The Peter Ivers Songs “In Heaven (Lady In The Radiator Song)” And “Pete’s Boogie”
    • Includes Three 11" x 11" Prints And Deluxe 16-Page Booklet

Eraserhead rests firmly at the top of that canon of American underground culture for which there is no genre. A staple of the dark underbelly of popular cinema that was originally only viewable at arthouse screenings or on the Midnight Movie circuit, Eraserhead is a truly unadulterated offering; and much of its sensation lies beyond the purely visual realm. The stark, dusty black and white images put forth are caked with and submerged in a dense jungle of industrial hums, buzzes, screeches and screams. Eraserhead is a narrative made up of two intertwined veins: one of bleak and beautiful pictures elegantly painted in gray and black, and one of blankets of sublime, enveloping noise and static, the tinkering of Fats Waller organ rolls echoing in the background.

To lay in the dark and listen to this dizzying succession of blissful noise is a different way to get “lost” than in the visuals of the film itself. It’s no stretch to consider this soundtrack an experimental, early industrial masterpiece. Eraserhead’s individual passion and personal tone shines through even in the thickest moments of fierce static, an audio undertaking that took David Lynch and sound designer Alan Splet years to perfect. Eraserhead’s most famous piece of music is undoubtedly Peter Ivers’ unforgettable, oft-covered haunting ballad “In Heaven,” and the most exciting attribute of this edition of the soundtrack is no doubt its expansion, and it’s present here, along with “Pete’s Boogie,” an Ivers recording previously only available on the long out-of-print limited edition LP of this soundtrack.
    uh...yes please

also, the music box here in chicago is beginning this tonight:

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Hooooly crap!, that soundtrack is a must!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well this is rather sad. But, who knows what the future holds!? As tha article says, perhaps more TV projects are on the way...

http://nerdist.com/david-lynch-annou...irement-films/

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    Well this is rather sad. But, who knows what the future holds!? As tha article says, perhaps more TV projects are on the way...

http://nerdist.com/david-lynch-annou...irement-films/
    I'm fine with it. He hasn't had a film since 2006's Inland Empire anyways.

I really wanna buy Mulholland Drive and a few other of his films on blu-ray but the prices are extravagantly high. It turns me off but oh how I want them. You can't even buy a Region A blu-ray version of Lost Highway.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    It was to be expected; but i don't believe him, i think he'll make at least another movie...

If he doesn't, that's fine too... He's one of my favorites but i think he has "said" all he needed to and the new series will give us plenty more of the "Lynch universe" to dwell into.
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 05-08-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    If he's not going to make anymore films. I'm fine with it. We got a new season of Twin Peaks coming. That's more than enough. He's already got a legacy well intact.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Amazingly, I just watched Eraserhead for the first time yesterday. It was certainly a movie...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    He also said he'd never shoot on film or edit with a computer either. If Terence Malick can make several films in a row now with the kind of backing he's getting, Lynch can certainly find it too. I suppose that the experience with what happened on Inland Empire made him tap out.

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Has anybody here watched The Art Life? I rented it today on Amazon and loved it -- it was far more personal and revealing than just about anything else I've seen from Lynch. Also, it has the Criterion/Janus title cards in the front, so it's likely going to get either its own standalone release or included in the Criterion Fire Walk With Me set that's known but not officially confirmed just yet (the poster for FWWM on Apple TV even has the Criterion logo on it).

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I haven't seen it, but I'm pretty sure it will get a standalone release because I was able to add it to my Netflix DVD queue. Glad you liked it, now I'm excited for when it becomes available to me.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    He's already (somewhat) retracted his "no more movies" statement: http://www.avclub.com/article/incorr...ght-not-255981

One more bizarro Lynch film would be nice, but I won't be disappointed if Inland Empire turns out to be his last. That film is such a heady mindfuck of an experience, it might take a lifetime to unpack. And I'm hoping he continues Twin Peaks after this season, like the whispers suggest.

Anyway, here's the rare, unaired pilot episode of what was supposed to be Mulholland Drive, the television series..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_s1o8-s68NFZzA3eWljSWNTbDA/view

The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Don't you guys think it's adorable and bizarre that Lynch calls Madchen, (which is pronounced MAY-chen,) "Madge-kin?"
    And stranger still, he calls Kyle Maclachlan "Kale."

Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Don't you guys think it's adorable and bizarre that Lynch calls Madchen, (which is pronounced MAY-chen,) "Madge-kin?"
    And stranger still, he calls Kyle Maclachlan "Kale."
    have you not watched the "between two worlds" special feature where he sits down and talks to them (and a guy who worked on the series during its original run) and explains why? it's a special feature on both the DVD gold box and the "complete mystery" blu-ray box (it's longer on there). there's also one where he interviews the "palmer family" as their characters, and then talks to them as the actors. both are great and totally worth watching. sadly, i can't seem to find them online.

anyway, kyle is "kale" because of dino delaurentis being unable to pronounce his name while they were making dune, and madchen is "madgekin" because david gave her that nickname for fun. there's more detail than that, but that's the gist of it.

The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    have you not watched the "between two worlds" special feature where he sits down and talks to them (and a guy who worked on the series during its original run) and explains why? it's a special feature on both the DVD gold box and the "complete mystery" blu-ray box (it's longer on there). there's also one where he interviews the "palmer family" as their characters, and then talks to them as the actors. both are great and totally worth watching. sadly, i can't seem to find them online.

anyway, kyle is "kale" because of dino delaurentis being unable to pronounce his name while they were making dune, and madchen is "madgekin" because david gave her that nickname for fun. there's more detail than that, but that's the gist of it.
    I've seen it; I still find it adorable and bizarre.
    It WAS on YouTube

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

Never had the Gold boxset, so thats news to me; i had the original DVD seasons boxes and they didn't had those extras, and i have the "Complete Mistery" blu ray and it's missing there too..

Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Never had the Gold boxset, so thats news to me; i had the original DVD seasons boxes and they didn't had those extras, and i have the "Complete Mistery" blu ray and it's missing there too..
    no, it's not. it's on the complete mystery blu-ray box set and it's extended from the version that was in the gold box. i can't remember which disc it was on but my wife and i watched it when we got to that disc in our re-watch. i will pop them in and take a look. i think it's titled differently or something, but i promise it's there.

edit: it's called A Slice Of Lynch and i had mixed it up with the "between two worlds" feature's title. and i found it on youtube, for those of you who don't own the box set! (this is the 30-minute version, not the extended version, sorry)

Last edited by eversonpoe; 05-30-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Gonna check it out!

Thanks @eversonpoe !

BTW, i'm looking forward to this new season Blu Ray release

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Has a Lynch 2-film viewing party this weekend; it was all of my friends' first exposure to Blue Velvet and everyone's, myself included, to Wild At Heart.

-The dead silence from everyone during Frank Booth's entire introduction scene was as priceless as their laughter whenever Heineken or PBR was mentioned

-Wild At Heart was actually a lot more enjoyable than I thought it might be. I really found myself liking Nic Cage in it, in all his ridiculousness.

Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Has a Lynch 2-film viewing party this weekend; it was all of my friends' first exposure to Blue Velvet and everyone's, myself included, to Wild At Heart.

-The dead silence from everyone during Frank Booth's entire introduction scene was as priceless as their laughter whenever Heineken or PBR was mentioned

-Wild At Heart was actually a lot more enjoyable than I thought it might be. I really found myself liking Nic Cage in it, in all his ridiculousness.
    i feel like that was the first time nic cage got to go FULL NIC CAGE, you know what i mean? i love that movie more every time i watch it.

i've only seen blue velvet once and, honestly, that was enough. it was good, but it's definitely the most upsetting lynch film, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    (Bi?)Annual Criterion Collection 50% sale for Barnes and Noble begins today.

Time for me to grab the blu-ray copies of Eraserhead and Mulholland Drive finally. Grabbing them during lunch break.

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    It has been done

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I have those 2 DVDs already. I hope Blue Velvet is the next Criterion release.

Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    (Bi?)Annual Criterion Collection 50% sale for Barnes and Noble begins today.

Time for me to grab the blu-ray copies of Eraserhead and Mulholland Drive finally. Grabbing them during lunch break.
    thank you! i got them online with free shipping so it was only like $42 w/tax. <3