Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: David Lynch

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I have those 2 DVDs already. I hope Blue Velvet is the next Criterion release.
    I've whined about this already numerously in here but I hate the lack of blu-ray versions and transfers of Lynch's films in the US. It's impossible to get Wild At Heart due to it being OOP, there's no US blu of Lost Highway, etc.

It's so frustrating as I now loathe DVDs so if I want them I have to find HD rips online, import expensive foreign copies to see in best quality possible or buy shit ass vanilla DVD copies. Haha.

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    thank you! i got them online with free shipping so it was only like $42 w/tax. <3
    Figured I wouldn't be the only one looking to get them this sale so I posted on ETS.

Welcome!

Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I've whined about this already numerously in here but I hate the lack of blu-ray versions and transfers of Lynch's films in the US. It's impossible to get Wild At Heart due to it being OOP, there's no US blu of Lost Highway, etc.

It's so frustrating as I now loathe DVDs so if I want them I have to find HD rips online, import expensive foreign copies to see in best quality possible or buy shit ass vanilla DVD copies. Haha.
    http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Wild-a...Blu-ray/79185/

that's the version of wild at heart we have. my wife is subscribed to the Twilight Time e-mail newsletter and that's how we found out about when it was getting printed. it looks/sounds phenomenal, and we only paid $35 for it (which isn't that unreasonable) when we pre-ordered it.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Love me some bi-annual Criterion Collection half-off sales at B&N. It's also a lame excuse to go trawl through their vinyl section while I'm there.

Tonight on blu-ray I bought Eraserhead, Charade, The Killers, Mildred Pierce, The Asphalt Jungle, Medium Cool, Diabolique, His Girl Friday and They Live By Night

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    that's the version of wild at heart we have. my wife is subscribed to the Twilight Time e-mail newsletter and that's how we found out about when it was getting printed. it looks/sounds phenomenal, and we only paid $35 for it (which isn't that unreasonable) when we pre-ordered it.
    Oh man, I paid like $50 for mine and it now goes for upwards of $80 even for just for a decent used copy, I think? Twilight Time releases some great titles, but they're exclusive af and skyrocket in price quick. I got caught sleeping on their release of The Big Heat a few years back and paid like $75 for it after the fact. Worth every penny, but sheesh..

Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Love me some bi-annual Criterion Collection half-off sales at B&N. It's also a lame excuse to go trawl through their vinyl section while I'm there.

...Charade...
    charade is in my top 5 films ever, along with big trouble in little china, fright night, & brick.

sorry, i know this is the david lynch thread.

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post

Tonight on blu-ray I bought Eraserhead, Charade, The Killers, Mildred Pierce, The Asphalt Jungle, Medium Cool, Diabolique, His Girl Friday and They Live By Night
    Derailing to say I bought more today haha. I got The Blob, Dr Strangelove: Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, Scanners, Videodrome, Pan's Labyrinth and Straw Dogs. I spent too much but oh well.

Speaking of Criterion they're releasing the David Lynch documentary the Art Life soon too!
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 07-12-2017 at 03:30 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Going to be watching Inland Empire for the first time in a long time. Last time, I had a weird experience and had to give up half way through. Started feeling very weird, and ended up puking black bile in my sink. After that, I immediately started feeling better again. Probably should of went to the doctor after that, but hey I'm alive.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Came across this little clip while watching the behind-the-scenes doc on the Lost Highway Blu-ray. Lynch was using "Gave Up" and the Pixies song "Ana" in rehearsal for the bowling alley scenes https://youtu.be/E53GLhnyCMY
    Last edited by botley; 08-09-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Going to be watching Inland Empire for the first time in a long time. Last time, I had a weird experience and had to give up half way through. Started feeling very weird, and ended up puking black bile in my sink. After that, I immediately started feeling better again. Probably should of went to the doctor after that, but hey I'm alive.

Call for help.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I wish the documentary Lynch Two wasn't only on the special edition of Inland Empire, which goes above 40$ now. Haven't ever seen it, and it's not even something you can find online. Wonder why it isn't on the criterion release of The Art Life? Would have been a good extra, along with Lynch One.

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    I am so in love with Dougie being an accidental badass. "Confess." All he wanted was some pie and he makes a man have a meltdown. He's my hero.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Came across this little clip while watching the behind-the-scenes doc on the Lost Highway Blu-ray. Lynch was using "Gave Up" and the Pixies song "Ana" in rehearsal for the bowling alley scenes https://youtu.be/E53GLhnyCMY
    Is this from the German box set that also includes Inland Empire and Mulholland Drive?

I ask because I ordered this and am hoping the films will contain heretofore unseen supplemental material (especially Lost Highway)

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    I think it's the most recent European release, yes. Found it online actually...
    Last edited by botley; 08-13-2017 at 09:25 AM.

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Weeeeeeee, just bought a cheap blu-ray copy of Blue Velvet this week. Can't wait to get it in the mail.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Just watched Blue Velvet for the first time. Wow, Dennis Hopper was great. That ending was fucked to. Something about the detective standing there completely out of it with his head bashed in just gave me the creeps.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Blue Velvet is probably my favorite. Or, it's at least tied with Eraserhead. It's so good. Hopper just killed that role and was an absolute nut job. It was wonderful.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Inland Empire seems impossible to find (legally) online. I'm toeing a line right now, so that's important. I just want to say though that making things so difficult for someone with three different services to find makes wanting to find alternate routes more appealing. That's the one people talk about the most that I haven't yet seen. (I've seen the rest.) My favorite remains Eraserhead. I watch it every few years, and I interpret it completely different, each time. I don't think there's any other movie I can say that about.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I am a long time fan of Lynch's work and found this just recently:

https://festivalofdisruption.com

after finding out about this festival, im delved into reading into the Lynch Foundation.
    (and more recently have found myself in a position to play more of an advocate role for, and court appointed legal guardian to my brother who is severely mentally ill)

https://www.davidlynchfoundation.org/upcoming-events.html

the particular fund raising purpose for this show is tied in with PTSD (being a veteran myself, and knowing other veteran's who suffer from PTSD)
    i want to know more about this ambient therapy i read on the foundation website:

"...
    DLF, dedicated to eradicating post-traumatic stress and trauma in at-risk populations through the evidence-based Transcendental Meditation technique..."

Does anyone know what this 'DLF' therapy is?
    I am intrigued and considering making the trip to see this, though the only tickets still available are pretty steep..
    anyone else interested, or already going..?
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 09-23-2017 at 06:52 PM.

Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    I am a long time fan of Lynch's work and found this just recently:

https://festivalofdisruption.com

after finding out about this festival, im delved into reading into the Lynch Foundation.
    (and more recently have found myself in a position to play more of an advocate role for, and court appointed legal guardian to my brother who is severely mentally ill)

https://www.davidlynchfoundation.org/upcoming-events.html

the particular fund raising purpose for this show is tied in with PTSD (being a veteran myself, and knowing other veteran's who suffer from PTSD)
    i want to know more about this ambient therapy i read on the foundation website:

"...
    DLF, dedicated to eradicating post-traumatic stress and trauma in at-risk populations through the evidence-based Transcendental Meditation technique..."

Does anyone know what this 'DLF' therapy is?
    I am intrigued and considering making the trip to see this, though the only tickets still available are pretty steep..
    anyone else interested, or already going..?
    https://www.juliekayinternational.com/dlftherapy

lynch is also into transcendental meditation which, while it seems like it works for a lot of people, is also somewhat time consuming and very expensive to learn how to do.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe
    ty for the link/info

was really set on this event (festival of disruption) until i found that the cheaper tickets are SOLD OUT, n i can't swing the the pricier tickets- bummer deal.
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 10-05-2017 at 04:40 AM.