Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: David Lynch

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I doubt they'll include it, but they should include the pilot version.

Also, I don't like that artwork AT ALL. It looks so cheaply done.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I wish Lynch's films weren't so expensive or hard to get on blu-ray.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Also, I don't like that artwork AT ALL. It looks so cheaply done.
    Yeah, what the hell, the blur on their faces is straight out of Intro to Photoshop.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I love how much criterion hates my wallet full...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I got goosebumps watching this trailer.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Hey, I just want Lynch to take his time and get it right. I'm excited for this. I still have 20 episodes to go for the entire series and then do Fire Walk with Me.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Hey, I just want Lynch to take his time and get it right. I'm excited for this. I still have 20 episodes to go for the entire series and then do Fire Walk with Me.
    Glad you're watching, take your time and enjoy!
    It's been a while since i've watched the whole series, as soon as i'm finished with Mad Men, i'm going to watch the whole thing again, on my new Blu Ray boxset, of course...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    In the Blue Velvet deleted scenes, did anyone else notice that during the scenes where Jeffrey receives a call from his mother telling him he needs to come home, that the music in the background is actually a modern day David Lynch track?

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Does anyone know when in 2016 Twin Peaks is supposed to begin? I imagine it got pushed back because they doubled the number of episodes the reboot season will have?
    I'm afraid i got some bad news...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 11-04-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I wonder how they're going to do it. My guess is the first nine in 2017. Then, maybe the other nine the following year. I can't see them doing all 18 at once.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    That's not a bad news at all.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I can wait till 2017. Besides, it will give Lynch more time to visualize and write everything till he gets it right.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I can wait till 2017. Besides, it will give Lynch more time to visualize and write everything till he gets it right.
    i guess i can wait too.
    time seems to speed up anyway.
    it will be here before we know it

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    A pretty in-depth review of the Criterion Collection's Mulholland Drive Blu-ray: http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2383...criterion.html

It also goes into detail about the encoding/compression issues with the disc that have been brought to light.

Does anyone know when in 2016 Twin Peaks is supposed to begin? I imagine it got pushed back because they doubled the number of episodes the reboot season will have?
    hahahahahahahahaha

Fans of the movie may recall the minor controversy about "censorship" that erupted when it was first released on DVD. During her nude scene at the 99-minute mark, Laura Harring's crotch area was digitally obscured to block out her pubic region. (This carried through to the Studio Canal Blu-rays as well.) However, the scene in question was already cloaked in heavy shadows, and the effect was not visible at normal playback calibration levels. It only became an issue when certain horny viewers freeze-framed on the shot and cranked up their TVs' Brightness settings to ridiculous solar-flare levels.

In the interest of thoroughness, I made a point to check this. In what will no doubt be a great relief to perverts everywhere, the optical blurring has been removed from the new video transfer. To their inevitable dismay, they will be greatly disheartened to discover that the shot is so oppressively dark that it's not possible to see anything between the actress' legs anyway. It turns out that the blurring was never needed in the first place, and this remains a non-issue under normal viewing conditions.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    That's not a bad news at all.
    You're right as long as it's getting made got no complaints, i just wanted to see the new season so bad.

I agree with @Piko probably it will be the first episodes in 2017 and the conclusion in 2018.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...lease-20151104

Agent Rosenfeld is coming back. Oh shit.... more fights between him and Truman.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It also goes into detail about the encoding/compression issues with the disc that have been brought to light.
    http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?go=1&d...&i=7#vergleich

Apparently Mulholland Drive isn't the only release that has had compression issues. On the last several of their releases, there have been issues, and anytime anyone brings it up on their forums, they get harassed by Criterion fanatics. My Own Private Idaho is said to be the worst.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    As long as nobody else fucking dies......

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just finished the first of a four-part series that I'm doing about David Lynch as I'm not sure when it's going to come out for the blog I'm writing for but this is the biggest profile of a filmmaker that I've done since Woody Allen. Part 1 covers his early shorts to The Elephant Man, the second part revolves around Dune to Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me, the third part covers On the Air to Mulholland Dr. and the fourth part will cover the shorts he did from 2002 to the upcoming revival of Twin Peaks as I posted my review of Dune: http://thevoid99.blogspot.com/2015/1...1984-film.html

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Twin Peaks always kind of lived in a time void, sure it aired in '90, but it never showed much in the way of technology. With the lengthy time passage being established in the original run ("I'll see you again in 25 years") I wonder what life is going to be like in the new Twin Peaks. Can you imagine everyone walking around with smart phones? Side thought, wasn't Mark Frost writing a book that was supposed to explain the stories of what happened to all of the characters during the last 25 years... any news on that?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?go=1&d...&i=7#vergleich

Apparently Mulholland Drive isn't the only release that has had compression issues. On the last several of their releases, there have been issues, and anytime anyone brings it up on their forums, they get harassed by Criterion fanatics. My Own Private Idaho is said to be the worst.
    The comments on caps-a-holic made my sides hurt, especially when they mock a Blu-ray.com reviewer giving Mulholland Drive's picture quality 5 out of 5. People tried to criticize him on Blu-ray.com and got suspended, jeez.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Let's compare our favorite comments. Here's mine:

*Anonymous*

No contest. Criterion is clearly the best release. Other than that, the same bad apples posting nonsense. Nothing new.

Followed by...

*bad apple posting nonsense*

The childish kneejerk defensiveness Criterion knights exhibit in the face of unflattering feedback about the ouput of their sacred cow certainly does nothing to alleviate the temptation to hurl at-times-exaggerated criticism Criterion's way. "Bad apples posting nonsense"? As in, accurate observations about the completely suboptimal encoding? Are you retarded?

My face hurts

Mine was this exchange:

[21st century shithole irony]

It's an ironic encode. You guys just don't get it, Criterion is three steps ahead as always.
    [Jerry Dandridge]
    @21st century shithole irony: Criterion isn't always three steps ahead.
    [21st century tonal grasp]
    Not a serious remark, Jerry.

And, of course, this:
    Indeed, Lynch has talked about this extensively in the vagina lotus afterbirth sessions; how he wanted to capture, in 2001, the feel of a movie being streamed via subpar internet connection and mpeg4 encoder in summer of 2009 via the initial disc-dependant PS3 iteration of Netflix streaming, like "A complete loser, lost to the world".

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ^

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Blue Velvet is easily my number one. Eraserhead being a very close second. I tried getting into Lost Highway, but I was completely thrown off by it. Have yet to see Inland Empire.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Blue Velvet is easily my number one. Eraserhead being a very close second. I tried getting into Lost Highway, but I was completely thrown off by it. Have yet to see Inland Empire.
    i fucking LOOOOOVE Inland Empire

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Funny that "Inland Empire" it's the only Lynch movie i can't stand, but i want to watch it again because it's been so many years...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm gonna have to pick up Inland Empire. Lost Highway was all over the place, imo. That, or I didn't get it. Wild at Heart is pretty underrated, imo.