Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 260

Thread: David Lynch

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    I don't own any significant piece of Lynch memorabilia... just the movies in multiple formats... someday i'll have the panties he chewed! lol

    EDIT. Cool Video i found Today:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJQ4vCu-S0U
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 07-21-2013 at 01:48 AM.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,462
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    I just thought I'd do this for @henryeatscereal. He was all for it anyway.





    And yeah, even as somebody that doesn't watch movies that much, let alone horror films, became a David Lynch fan himself. I'm new to his works though, but what I thought of doing was to just get Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, Dune, and Mulholland Drive. And like many other NIN fans that didn't get into him beforehand, I got into Lost Highway first.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-19-2013 at 09:19 PM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    And yeah, even as somebody that doesn't watch movies that much, let alone horror films, became a David Lynch fan himself. I'm new to his works though, but what I thought of doing was to just get Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, Dune, and Mulholland Drive. Like many other NIN fans that didn't get into him beforehand, I got into Lost Highway first.
    I recommend to you to get into him, he's one of my favorite directors obviously and i can't imagine a world without his particular, funny and strange point of view...

    Besides the movies i also recommend you watch the "Twin Peaks" series, i think it's available on Netflix!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    281
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oh baby....


    "David Lynch returns to Twin Peaks as the director begins shooting new footage for the beloved cult series"

    For those still craving 'A damn fine coffee and a piece of cherry pie' from the Double R Diner, David Lynch has a surprise in store... and it has taken a mere 25 years to come to fruition.
    The cult-film director is gearing up to return to the mill town of Twin Peaks, as the 1990 TV series looks to be getting the conclusion it deserves after two and a half decades in limbo.
    The series, which was abruptly cancelled in 1991, made mention of its possible return in an episode, when the spirit of murdered beauty queen Laura Palmer whispered to FBI Agent Dale Cooper that she would see him again in 25 years.



    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz2pjKkQdwt

    Last edited by Canuckle; 01-07-2014 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Formatting...

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    ^I heard about this, i really hope it's true not just a rumor... to my knowledge the Daily Mail has a tendency of publishing "Made up news"

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,550
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Series co-creator Mark Frost says this is nothing but a “strange baseless rumor.” Sande Alessi Casting remains tight-lipped and hasn’t responded to any e-mail, Facebook comment, message or tweet regarding the matter, even though their name is now all over the blogosphere.

    Visit http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/t...#ixzz2pjzF3gMu

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,853
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    i don't think it has any weight either. there's a new blu-ray set of twin peaks coming out, right? perhaps a few new intros/commentary/etc.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    i don't think it has any weight either. there's a new blu-ray set of twin peaks coming out, right? perhaps a few new intros/commentary/etc.
    And on that note: i really need to buy that set when it comes out!

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    If you go backwards in this thread you'll probably find at least one other Twin Peaks return rumor. It was bullshit then, and it's bullshit now; Lynch has repeatedly said he's not going to do one.

    When I heard this rumor for the first time I was all for it, but at this point I'd prefer they not fuck with Twin Peaks. Do we really need this to happen?

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    If you go backwards in this thread you'll probably find at least one other Twin Peaks return rumor. It was bullshit then, and it's bullshit now; Lynch has repeatedly said he's not going to do one.

    When I heard this rumor for the first time I was all for it, but at this point I'd prefer they not fuck with Twin Peaks. Do we really need this to happen?
    In my opinion: it would be a great idea ONLY if Lynch and Frosh are involved and if they can reunite at least 8 actors from the original cast, if it's just a money grab, count me out...

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    795
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    David Lynch is not a director but a true artist. I love his films and I wish there were more directors like him.

    For me its a toss up which film I like better Blue Velvet, or Lost Highway. I loved Mulholland Drive, Wild At Heart, Twin Peaks and yes we need a new Lynch film.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    338
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    David Lynch: gold-digging vampire
    http://content.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/...and=calisphere

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    ^Fuckin' creepy!

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Cambridge, MA
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    David Lynch is not a director but a true artist. I love his films and I wish there were more directors like him.
    A lot of directors are artists. Lynch has a sort of postmodernist or avant-garde style, which i'm sure you love, but his apparent disdain for convention doesn't make him any more of an artist.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    795
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
    A lot of directors are artists. Lynch has a sort of postmodernist or avant-garde style, which i'm sure you love, but his apparent disdain for convention doesn't make him any more of an artist.
    I would disagree with that, some people love the Tranformer movies but I consider Michael Bay to be everything that is wrong with the Hollywood machine. I'm just using Michael Bay as an example but I could easily name ten other directors that make big budget garbage that is more about pleasing the shareholders than it is about art.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    324
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    You could try to do that, sure (easily, ten garbage directors? go ahead, name them), but what would that have to do with David Lynch? Nothing you just said conflicts with HurtinMinorKey's comment.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Cambridge, MA
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    I would disagree with that, some people love the Tranformer movies but I consider Michael Bay to be everything that is wrong with the Hollywood machine. I'm just using Michael Bay as an example but I could easily name ten other directors that make big budget garbage that is more about pleasing the shareholders than it is about art.
    I have a pretty low bar for what I consider art. Any genuine form of expression or entertainment that employs a technique, than it's art to me. A middle school rendition of Annie, I think that's art. The guy that decorates the grocery store window, i think that qualifies. So being an artist, that's easy. Being good, that's harder.

    So despite the fact that these Michael Bay movies are souless Hollywood carnival rides, i do think there is a craft to making them. Armageddon is cheesy as hell, but it's well made. I'd say the same thing about the new Batman movies too.

    I can't say the same thing about the Came Back Haunted video, in fact I thought it was a lazy showing, and beneath the dignity of Lynch's reputation. But at the same time, I wouldn't call it "not art", because I think he was trying to express something, even though he didn't appear to try very hard.

    Art that is profound enough to affect us so that it changes us; that's rare. I felt this way about Elephant Man. But if I start holding people to that standard, the population of "artists" on this planet is going to shrink by (1/1000). I'll just call call it a masterpiece, by a master craftsman.

    At the same time, I share your frustration with what comes out of Hollywood. But the problem isn't the producers, it's the audience. If only people would stop shelling out coin to go see SuperGuy in SuperGuy Film #X movies, we might start seeing more original and profound content. But it doesn't look like that is going to happen any time soon. Thankfully, there are alternatives to hollywood, and great films are being made as we speak. We just need to look a little harder to find them.
    Last edited by HurtinMinorKey; 01-18-2014 at 08:06 PM.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Must have...

    Yesterday David Lynch has confirmed the "Twin Peaks" - BLU RAY Boxset

    ""Rumours are just that. Rumours are rumours. There’s always been rumours about things and there’s no real truth to it. I don’t where these rumours come from, but I think they were based on some misunderstandings of what’s going on.

    It’s true that there will be a new Blu-ray of Twin Peaks, of the pilot, the first season, the second season. And there will be some special things on that Blu-ray that haven’t been seen before. That’s about all I can say."




    (the pic is not official)


    Source: http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/d...lu-ray-rumors/

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,571
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Hopefully the lack of mention of Fire Walk With Me doesn't mean it's not gonna include the deleted scenes. I can understand not including FWWM in the set since it already has a bluray release, but man, I hope the set includes the cut material.

  21. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Hopefully the lack of mention of Fire Walk With Me doesn't mean it's not gonna include the deleted scenes. I can understand not including FWWM in the set since it already has a bluray release, but man, I hope the set includes the cut material.
    It would be great to have "Fire Walk with me" in the set, but since the movie is considered a separate "entity" i don't think it will be included with it (still, it would be great to have both the movie and the series in a single boxset...).

    The "cut material" is a must have bonus, i'm wondering if those deleted scenes are finally going to see the light of day... Mark Frost said they are going to be released on this set, i really hope it's true:

    http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/m...-walk-with-me/
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 01-21-2014 at 02:41 PM.

  22. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,571
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

  23. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Holy crap, that blu ray cover is sick!!!

  24. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    5,543
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    That's a Xmas present for me.

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    The fuckin' thing looks gorgeous



  26. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,481
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    No emoticon or gif can display what I feel/look like seeing that.

    I have the original DVD releases of the seasons but that is AWESOME.

  27. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,481
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    FFFFUUUUUU-

    However, in retrospect not an entirely bad price.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-16-2014 at 12:12 AM.

  28. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hipster Hell, CA
    Posts
    981
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    My friend worked on the restoration. Cannot wait to see it.

  29. #89
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    No emoticon or gif can display what I feel/look like seeing that.

    I have the original DVD releases of the seasons but that is AWESOME.
    I was waiting for a $100 price tag at least, i think it's a fair price for a 10 disc set, plus the artwork and the extras are more than enough reasons to pick it up...

    I also own the DVD's (first release, blue box, not the golden one), but at least i'll get to upgrade to DVD a rewatch the whole thing again in the process...

  30. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,158
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I was waiting for a $100 price tag at least, i think it's a fair price for a 10 disc set, plus the artwork and the extras are more than enough reasons to pick it up...

    I also own the DVD's (first release, blue box, not the golden one), but at least i'll get to upgrade to DVD a rewatch the whole thing again in the process...
    part of the reason my fiancee contacted me on OK Cupid before we started dating was because i had listed myself as a david lynch fan (but i hadn't watched twin peaks at the time). she owns the gold box (i guess we own it since we live together and are getting married) but we pre-ordered the new blu-ray set without hesitation. SO EXCITED!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions