Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Linkin Park

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    THis guy, is threatening people???...

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...rive-interview
    What a ham fisted and pompous article.

I assume this was the one everyone was talking about? http://teamrock.com/news/2017-05-22/...-at-fans-again
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-22-2017 at 06:26 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    What a ham fisted and pompous article.

I assume this was the one everyone was talking about? http://teamrock.com/news/2017-05-22/...-at-fans-again
    I dunno about that specific article, as it appears to have been published 2 hours ago, but holy shit, Chester.

He adds: “When you make it a personal attack against who we are as people, like dude, shut up. That means that I can actually have feelings about it and most of the time my feelings are I want to kill you.”
    Is this the shit you're HOLDING OOOOON to? The desire to pummel anyone who thinks your objectively bad album is garbage?
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 05-22-2017 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Mike Shinoda named NIN's as his favorite band. Now, I think the problem with some of these bands and performers is that eventually they all fucking try to be a jack of all trade, musical picasso. Fucking stick to your strengths; you already proved you can stay Linkin Park while making different kind of songs, so why force this shit now? Is this the definition of mid-life crysis or what?

All the signs (LOOK AT THOSE FUCKING FEDORAS, WTF) point towards an easy money grab, but it's so hard to believe that. They could just announce a tour with a bunch of old-school songs played live and boom, $$$$$$$$.

Agh, and I can't fucking believe the "20 years ago..." argument, when you make lyrics like Heavy. THERE IS A VIDEO WHERE THEY EXPLAIN THE MEANING OF THAT SONG!!!!! Were HT and Meteora edgy? Sure, but imagine the same lyrics written by middle-aged men. Well, worse lyrics actually; Mike was pretty good back then.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Mike can still produce hot shit too like check out this theme for Into the Badlands.

Although i guess 35 seconds of greatness is about all he can muster these days.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Listen to it once. Never going to bother replaying it again. Boring. Same thing 12 times. No soul. No innovation. Even Black Eyed Peas made those "sounds" before changing it 10 years ago and I don't know what I'm talking about.

I mean, I can defend Thousand Suns even if I hate it. Not this one.
    Last edited by PhoenixML; 05-23-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I wish Mike would just do another Fort Minor album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @ryanmcfly thanks for the inadvertent recommend - never heard of fort minor before and listening right now. Not bad... I'm trying to pretend somehow to myself this is the new LP album and forget that other piece of shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I just wish they'd do another Reanimation album...of ANY album.

...OK maybe not One More Light

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Agh, and I can't fucking believe the "20 years ago..." argument, when you make lyrics like Heavy. THERE IS A VIDEO WHERE THEY EXPLAIN THE MEANING OF THAT SONG!!!!! Were HT and Meteora edgy? Sure, but imagine the same lyrics written by middle-aged men. Well, worse lyrics actually; Mike was pretty good back then.
    I've taken multiple looks at the Wikipedia page for the album, and have noticed all the outside writers listed, and consider it to be pretty obvious that the band didn't even write most of the lyrics. (Yes, I'm aware of the "Wikipedia is not a reliable source" argument, but who the hell would have the time to search for specific writers to make up connections to the album with? This is where they got the credits from, by the way.)

I want to believe they were making a bad album on purpose to get out of a contract, but the band has to be such dicks about people not being on board with the album, that it's obvious that they see themselves as gods and are demanding absolute worship.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I just wish they'd do another Reanimation album...of ANY album.

...OK maybe not One More Light
    "Recharged" (after Living Things, I think?) is about as close as we'll get to that, I imagine. And I don't blame you if you've never even heard of that one, because I forgot it was even a thing until I saw it in their Spotify catalog.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 05-24-2017 at 12:45 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Recharged has a couple of good remixes in it. Victimized is fucking intense. Mike records a couple of new verses on a few tracks and they're the best lines he's written in years. The album is mostly forgettable dance remixes, though and doesn't hold a candle to Reanimation.

They really need to re-release Reanimation without those stupid censors in a couple songs.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I love this album the same way I like Justin Biebers album Purpose and artificially flavored orange candy. It's fake and bad for me but god damn I love it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Man oh man twitter's going to have a field day with this one. Jesus.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Can't fucking believe this.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I dont' even listen to LP anymore but I cannot believe this.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I'm not a Linkin Park fan at all, but I did like Breaking The Habit- which was playing on the speakers outside the Rabobank Arena when I walked up for the NIN show last night. Sad to hear anyone go through this.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Holy fuck ... speechless.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Linkin Park were one of the reasons I started getting into heavier music. they were for a lot of us. I think if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have moved onto NIN.
    this is brutally sad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Chester was apparently close with Chris Cornell. Sang at his funeral. Today is Chris Cornells birthday.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I liked Linkin Park--not a massive fan, but I liked some of their songs. That said, I saw Chester Bennington three times--twice when he was fronting Stone Temple Pilots and once when he sang with The Kings of Chaos. I can honestly say he absolutely was something special, a great frontman, a true rock n' roll star. This is a terrible loss.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I feel like because of how harsh i was on the band over the latest album, it's like parting with someone on bad terms? I feel fucking awful right now.

Can't even imagine what his family and friends are going through, the fucking band? my heart goes out to all of them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Can't believe this...

As a teenager, Linkin Park opened the door musically for me. If I eventually met NIN once in a rainy afternoon at the age 13 in 2005, it was because I've been addicted to in the end, faint and so others before.

Sad.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Doesn't he have like 6 kids?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Please don't link the Daily Mail in this case. They don't give a shit about men's mental health.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Linkin Park were one of the reasons I started getting into heavier music. they were for a lot of us. I think if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have moved onto NIN.
    this is brutally sad.
    Can't argue with this. Pretty sure I listened to "in the end" non stop at the end of my HS career.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Utterly shocked by this. So influential, amazing live voice, and his lyrics have gotten me through some tough times over the years. This is terrible news.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Fuck I feel bad now for my earlier comments. I would not be surprised if one of the things that pushed Chester to this were the overly negative comments on the newest album, maybe not, I don't know, I feel fucking awful and I feel like my childhood died away.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Please don't link the Daily Mail in this case. They don't give a shit about men's mental health.
    Sorry, it was the first article I saw. No disrespect intended.