Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Linkin Park

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

this "demo" they put out today to promote this release is excellent. The song seems pretty fully formed to me, and fits right in line with their mellower stuff from that era. I think it's great.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post

this "demo" they put out today to promote this release is excellent. The song seems pretty fully formed to me, and fits right in line with their mellower stuff from that era. I think it's great.
    Im gonna be completely honest, and ive heard this song when it was leaked out back in the early 2010's and straight up. I think this is LP's worst song. I dont mind that it's mellow and i quite like the guitar's and the beat and the sample quite a bit. But the lyrics are really basic, even more basic than normal, it's very repetitive and very vague. The instrumental breakdown kinda went on longer than it needed to be, personally. That's just me though. Im more excited to hear what Pictureboard finally sounds like.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I am not actually familiar with this demo at all and that was a pleasant surprise, great song tbh.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I noticed the $200 version comes with a reproduction of the street-team cassette. I wish more people would do that. I have my Slipknot and Mudvayne ones lying around somewhere.

Also, with the extra stuff, I consider the $200 worth it here compared to $60 for just the vinyl + digital download.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    I am not actually familiar with this demo at all and that was a pleasant surprise, great song tbh.
    Same

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oh man, I loved the Hybrid Theory EP, is it going to be remastered or something? Seeing all those different demo names brings so much memory. Xero and Esaul and Rhinestone. This and Grey Daze too (I haven't checked the album).

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    Oh man, I loved the Hybrid Theory EP, is it going to be remastered or something? Seeing all those different demo names brings so much memory. Xero and Esaul and Rhinestone. This and Grey Daze too (I haven't checked the album).
    I think Carousel is my favorite early LP track of all time.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post

Had to listen because I couldn't remember it. Love the vocal layers in the last chorus.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    Oh man, I loved the Hybrid Theory EP, is it going to be remastered or something?
    Didn't they already do it when they used it for the first volume of LP Underground series?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm long past my interest in Linkin Park and in Physical media but damn that 200 package is pretty cool, and my inner teenager would be stoked to here those demos. Hope they make it to streaming

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    And One was always my fave of the pre HT songs

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Agreed. That chorus just hits different.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I'm long past my interest in Linkin Park and in Physical media but damn that 200 package is pretty cool, and my inner teenager would be stoked to here those demos. Hope they make it to streaming
    The whole 80-song package will reportedly be on streaming services, so you're good there.

The super deluxe box is amazing. Those unreleased shows will rip. Can't wait for it, honestly.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ, people on the internet make me mad... lots of bitching about the 200$ over at the Linkin Park Facebook Page. Yes, 200$ is quite some money for "some music", but this has to be one of the coolest and well done packages I've seen in a while. If I was big into LP I'd buy it in no time. But no, people go "Nice but sad you're leaving out those who can't afford it...".

Having something like this for "the fragile" I'd shell out some serious money.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    The pricing seems reasonable to me. One weird currency quirk: $60 package is £45, and digital only is more: £50! International Shipping would more than close the gap though

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Having something like this for "the fragile" I'd shell out some serious money.
    Still waiting on that deluxe version that probably won't happen until Trent passes.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I'd be lying if I hadn't paid more or far more unreasonable prices for a "special edition", but 200$ seems like a fair deal to me for this mass of output. Of course it all depends a bit on the quality of the packaging and materials, but this looks absolutely amazing. There are many more bands aside NIN who I'd buy something like that from in a blink of an eye.

But yes, here's hoping for a DE of "the fragile" someplace, somewhere, somewhen...

Kudos to LP for making me want to listen to the first two albums though and dig up some of the pre HT songs.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I'd be lying if I hadn't paid more or far more unreasonable prices for a "special edition", but 200$ seems like a fair deal to me for this mass of output. Of course it all depends a bit on the quality of the packaging and materials, but this looks absolutely amazing. There are many more bands aside NIN who I'd buy something like that from in a blink of an eye.
    Indeed:

4 LPs (it's marked as 3LP most places, but Renaimation is 2-LP)
    5 CDs
    3 DVDs
    1 CS
    3 Lithos
    1 Poster (folded)
    1 Tour Laminate
    1 Photobook (full color, 80 pages)
    1 DD (deluxe edition/all audio)

What the hell are people complaining about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Indeed:

4 LPs (it's marked as 3LP most places, but Renaimation is 2-LP)
    5 CDs
    3 DVDs
    1 CS
    3 Lithos
    1 Poster (folded)
    1 Tour Laminate
    1 Photobook (full color, 80 pages)
    1 DD (deluxe edition/all audio)

What the hell are people complaining about?
    Apparently downloads are only going to be MP3s, which is kind of disappointing for me.

EDIT: 'She Couldn't' is available in FLAC on 7digital, so presumably they and other high res audio sites will have lossless versions. But it's disappointing that lossless is not going to be an option buying either of the packages from LP's label.
    Last edited by Merriweather; 08-19-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It's just people who don't understand the practical cost/value of the package. They see a big number and don't think about, for instance, how much all this shit would cost individually. Some of the format choices are a little disappointing (I know the content is all from 2000-2002, but DVDs? Really?), and yeah, the material on the B-Side and LPU Rarities discs isn't new. But if you think about the cost in 2020 of acquiring all that music legally, it'd be a hell of a lot more than $200.

I know I'm not arguing against anyone on here at least, but some of the takes I've seen elsewhere (including LP forums, astoundingly) are just infuriating. If you don't think it's worth your money then stream the shit. All the music will be on Spotify.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    60 dollars for a 3 vinyl set is not a crazy deal, it's just not a complete rip off like I guess we've gotten more or less used to. I'm not a fan, so I won't be picking this up, but if I was I'd grab it. This was the price for the Unwound deluxe vinyl box sets, which were 180 gram and came with art books and unique new art. Really, if you think of it as 20 dollars per vinyl, which is a reasonable asking price...

Also, a well encoded 320 kbps MP3 will go null against a CD quality audio file.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-19-2020 at 12:13 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    60 dollars for a 3 vinyl set is not a crazy deal, it's just not a complete rip off like I guess we've gotten more or less used to. I'm not a fan, so I won't be picking this up, but if I was I'd grab it. This was the price for the Unwound deluxe vinyl box sets, which were 180 gram and came with art books and unique new art. Really, if you think of it as 20 dollars per vinyl, which is a reasonable asking price...
    To be fair it looks like they put actual real, legitimate effort in the packaging. There is something to be said about that because I spent $60 on this (it didn't come with the slipmat)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I think i may have been a little too harsh on She Couldn't. Its not the worse song, even though i think the lyrics are insultingly basic.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Gave One More Light another shot, after opening up myself to Pop more, I think it's a fairly good Electro Pop album, but man, they should have just made the record as Chester-focused as much as possible, Mike isn't an awful signer but the songs that focus on him are by far the weakest.

Stand-outs for me;

- Nobody Can Save Me
    - Talking To Myself
    - Battle Symphony
    - Heavy
    - Halfway Right
    - One More Light
    - Sharp Edges

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Like i said before, the hate for that album was way overblown. It's not the best thing out there but it didn't deserve the full blown attacking the whole band got. It's weird that, while Chester only had a hand in two songs (Heavy and Halfway Right), Almost every song he signs in those songs are just...fucking creepy and haunting. Nobody can save him, he's just talking to himself, who cares if one more light goes out...well he does....and then just like that, he was gone.

I agree though, Mike isn't bad, he just doesn't really stand out. His rapping too has gotten so fucking basic as years went on and is nothing like the days of pre HT when he could rap fast. When you compare it to Pusha T and Stomrzy, it's no contest. Just, basic flow, doesn't change it up very much at all, really nothing special.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Like i said before, the hate for that album was way overblown. It's not the best thing out there but it didn't deserve the full blown attacking the whole band got. It's weird that, while Chester only had a hand in two songs (Heavy and Halfway Right), Almost every song he signs in those songs are just...fucking creepy and haunting. Nobody can save him, he's just talking to himself, who cares if one more light goes out...well he does....and then just like that, he was gone.

I agree though, Mike isn't bad, he just doesn't really stand out. His rapping too has gotten so fucking basic as years went on and is nothing like the days of pre HT when he could rap fast. When you compare it to Pusha T and Stomrzy, it's no contest. Just, basic flow, doesn't change it up very much at all, really nothing special.
    I am confident that Mike has spoken to Chester a lot while writting these lyrics, in general it seems the band has spoken a lot about their issues while One More Light has been written from what I have gathered from the interview, a lot of lyrics-writting has been done by Mike throughout LP's history yet they seemed to reflect Chester's mind-set for years, this has been a thing with LP for a while "Breaking The Habbit" wasn't written by Chester either, but Mike, yet Chester has expressed how that song perfectly captured his battle with drug addiction.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I also legit think that Heavy is an excellent Pop song and an amazing single, but I understand why people dislike it, I think I have gotten to the point where I like the entirety of the record.
    Last edited by HWB; 08-20-2020 at 06:29 AM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I wouldn't doubt it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Been listening to A Thousand Suns a lot, probably my favorite record from them currently

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    A Thousand Suns is a frustratingly under appreciated album. It’s so good. I’ve always felt that it was Linkin Park’s Kid A.