Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Linkin Park

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    God....it really has been a year now since we lost Chester. Fucking crazy. I never got the chance to see LP or SG live...i seriously regret this

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Anyone here going to one of Mike's solo shows this fall? I got a ticket for the October 19 show in Tampa. Very much looking forward to it, especially now that he has a couple backing musicians with him.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Well, I wanted to see him, but so far, nothing for Oregon or even Washington. Quit doing that people, that is very annoying for a poor ass person like me

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Anyone here going to one of Mike's solo shows this fall? I got a ticket for the October 19 show in Tampa. Very much looking forward to it, especially now that he has a couple backing musicians with him.
    nah I'm good with all that.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    So apparently Chester recorded a demo of "Dr. Alibi" with Slash but Linkin Park didn't want it released, so it was re-recorded with Lemmy Kilmister. Slash gave the demo to Chester's family and it's up to them if it's ever released.

https://variety.com/2018/music/news/...ng-1202905755/

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I bet LP can release a posthumous album with Chester vocals easily, judging by the amount of discarded demos they released via LP Underground series. If they are up to it, that is.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm sure they'll start airing out demos with Chester relatively soon. If not this year then probably next year. I don't really see any new music being worked on in the next year or so, so it would probably be a good time for it.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    What the fuck is going on with Chester family attacking Mike?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Yeah man it's weird, idk what's going on either. This is the problem with ambiguous/vague tweets.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    What are you referring to? I didn't see anything on Talinda's twitter unless it got deleted.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    What are you referring to? I didn't see anything on Talinda's twitter unless it got deleted.
    Not her, she's fine but the others, Chester's sister said some shit about Mike's friendship being "a lie" and has been "mistreating him" without showing any proof at all, which was backed up by Chester's mother without any proof at all, with Chester's Brother in law claiming that, and I quote "Mike having the crowd sing Chester's parts! So wrong! Hire a new lead singer and go out as LP 2.0! That we all support. But he's profiting on fans' grief! That's wrong and sad!"

what in the hell is going on?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Wow yeah, hmm perhaps they're just looking for someone to blame... Grief sure is crazy like that sometimes right although i don't pretend to even know where their heads are at. I can't see what they're claiming being the case at all though i mean i would think performing a few LP songs with the fans helping to sing Chester's parts would be a tribute to his memory and giving the fans an opportunity to collectively console each other and celebrate Chester. It's not like the whole show is exclusively Chester heavy, can't see where profiting on fan grief comes into it at all. As far as the friendship being a lie, who really knows? Anything behind closed doors will always be a mystery but as far as what's been visible i highly doubt Mike was insincere about their relationship, they had such a visible camaraderie. Anything otherwise sounds bizarre as hell.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Maybe the whole "having the fans sing and not hiring an actual signer to do LP 2.0" is just him saying "we're not getting any royalties for your tour, hire a signer so we can get paid for our grief"

...i could be WELL off the mark there, but from what i've read it all feels a bit...bitter?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Maybe the whole "having the fans sing and not hiring an actual signer to do LP 2.0" is just him saying "we're not getting any royalties for your tour, hire a signer so we can get paid for our grief"

...i could be WELL off the mark there, but from what i've read it all feels a bit...bitter?
    Unfortunately, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    His wife doesn't get royalties even after the fact?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    As it's the end of the year and I start to reflect on the '10's, I think of all the great shows that I attended, three of which were with Chester Bennington (two with Stone Temple Pilots and one with the Kings of Chaos).

Man, those two STP shows I caught in Boston were awesome, really awesome. I'm a huge STP fan and Chester really filled in some big shoes, and it was amazing to see the band in a club. Chester really had that star quality.

Listened to the STP/Chester EP for the first time in a while. While it wasn't amazing or a game-changer, all of the songs were really good, but I especially liked this one. It's message is simple, yet it strikes a chord with me:

This song showed that the short-lived Bennington lineup of Stone Temple Pilots had some potential.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    As it's the end of the year and I start to reflect on the '10's, I think of all the great shows that I attended, three of which were with Chester Bennington (two with Stone Temple Pilots and one with the Kings of Chaos).

Man, those two STP shows I caught in Boston were awesome, really awesome. I'm a huge STP fan and Chester really filled in some big shoes, and it was amazing to see the band in a club. Chester really had that star quality.

Listened to the STP/Chester EP for the first time in a while. While it wasn't amazing or a game-changer, all of the songs were really good, but I especially liked this one. It's message is simple, yet it strikes a chord with me:

This song showed that the short-lived Bennington lineup of Stone Temple Pilots had some potential.
    Totally agree about the High Rise EP. Great batch of songs. Short and direct; no filler. Chester gave STP a sense of weightlessness that had been missing in those latter Scott years. Makes me sad that I didn’t see them in Jersey when they toured with Filter. The thing about Chester...his lyrics were always so earnest that it was hard to tell whether he was just faking it (like lots of other post-grunge, nu-meta types). But what a voice and what a loss. Sad that I didn’t really “get it” until he was gone.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Some of the STP songs from Chester really resonated with me and still do. Something about his voice to me seemed so pure, along with that angst. Still haven't been able to grasp the fact that he's really gone; I cannot even sing along to Sharp Edges anymore without bawling out crying.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Mike Shinoda has been doing some daily live production streams on twitch if you're after something to do.

https://www.twitch.tv/officialmikeshinoda

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Man, Hybrid Theory came out 20 years ago this year... I suddenly feel old.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    It really has been 3 years huh? It's been really weird since my feelings about One More Light have drastically changed as the years went on. When it first came out, I was very in different about it, but compared to how you all completely roasted it, it seemed like i was the only one who liked it. Honestly, i think some of you guys took it too far since it got to the point where you insulting Mike and the others and yeah, I know at the time, It looked like Chester was going down the rabbit hole with his attitude, but, as we learned in hindsight, it looked like he was venting and loosing his battle with Depression. Looking at some of the comments way back when the OML came out, almost all of them didn't sit well with me, not because you all didn't like the album, that's fine, but some of the criticisms didn't make any sense at all. I think one of you guys said the lyrics were completely meaningless, which is 100% false. The album is a lot darker than you'd think, mostly with the songs that Chester wrote. In fact, i'll even show what Chester said about one of the songs he wrote, Halfway Right

“I was strung out on some really fucking heavy drugs and I was really young and I was driving my car and I blacked out. I woke up driving in a field, down a dirt road, in the middle of a farm. I didn’t know how I got there. It was crazy. I was remembering this constant fucking battle I have with myself, this constant cycle I couldn’t see at that time where these choices and these behaviours and where this journey would take me in my life. But when I was a guy in my 20s getting out of it, I didn’t realise I’d have these problems for my whole life. I didn’t think I’d be in one of the biggest bands in the world with a beautiful family at 41 going ‘Fuck, I could have easily have blacked out driving my car again two months ago’. It’s a dark song, it’s a reality check for me. The chorus is the insanity of my situation — ‘I scream at myself when there’s nobody else to fight”. It’s fucking crazy"

But yeah its weird, i learned that all the stems for this album had leaked, and i was very curious about how everything sounded when it wasn't over compressed since I am an audiophile. I ended up finding a HELL of a lot more guitar parts then the album actually had or you could hear, as well as some vocal harmonizes that are mixed so low it was like, what was the damn point of even adding them? I think there was like 12 guitar parts on some of the songs.

So when i was making my mix of the album, i dunno but, i started to like it more and more. I don't know what it was, but after a while, i started randomly singing some of the songs while i was doing the dishes. Compared to The Hunting Party where NONE of the songs stuck in my head and was a very hookless album imo and its still my least fave album. But yeah OML, i dunno what happen, but i ended up loving a lot of the songs....(except for Sorry for Now, FUCK THAT SONG) and, i don't know if you saw this in the controversial music opinions but, I had posted my Linkin Park tier list and OML was in the same place that Hybrid Theory was...a B and i still feel that way right now.

I wish Chester was still here with us and i still miss him to this day.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It really has been 3 years huh? It's been really weird since my feelings about One More Light have drastically changed as the years went on. When it first came out, I was very in different about it, but compared to how you all completely roasted it, it seemed like i was the only one who liked it. Honestly, i think some of you guys took it too far since it got to the point where you insulting Mike and the others and yeah, I know at the time, It looked like Chester was going down the rabbit hole with his attitude, but, as we learned in hindsight, it looked like he was venting and loosing his battle with Depression. Looking at some of the comments way back when the OML came out, almost all of them didn't sit well with me, not because you all didn't like the album, that's fine, but some of the criticisms didn't make any sense at all. I think one of you guys said the lyrics were completely meaningless, which is 100% false. The album is a lot darker than you'd think, mostly with the songs that Chester wrote. In fact, i'll even show what Chester said about one of the songs he wrote, Halfway Right

“I was strung out on some really fucking heavy drugs and I was really young and I was driving my car and I blacked out. I woke up driving in a field, down a dirt road, in the middle of a farm. I didn’t know how I got there. It was crazy. I was remembering this constant fucking battle I have with myself, this constant cycle I couldn’t see at that time where these choices and these behaviours and where this journey would take me in my life. But when I was a guy in my 20s getting out of it, I didn’t realise I’d have these problems for my whole life. I didn’t think I’d be in one of the biggest bands in the world with a beautiful family at 41 going ‘Fuck, I could have easily have blacked out driving my car again two months ago’. It’s a dark song, it’s a reality check for me. The chorus is the insanity of my situation — ‘I scream at myself when there’s nobody else to fight”. It’s fucking crazy"

But yeah its weird, i learned that all the stems for this album had leaked, and i was very curious about how everything sounded when it wasn't over compressed since I am an audiophile. I ended up finding a HELL of a lot more guitar parts then the album actually had or you could hear, as well as some vocal harmonizes that are mixed so low it was like, what was the damn point of even adding them? I think there was like 12 guitar parts on some of the songs.

So when i was making my mix of the album, i dunno but, i started to like it more and more. I don't know what it was, but after a while, i started randomly singing some of the songs while i was doing the dishes. Compared to The Hunting Party where NONE of the songs stuck in my head and was a very hookless album imo and its still my least fave album. But yeah OML, i dunno what happen, but i ended up loving a lot of the songs....(except for Sorry for Now, FUCK THAT SONG) and, i don't know if you saw this in the controversial music opinions but, I had posted my Linkin Park tier list and OML was in the same place that Hybrid Theory was...a B and i still feel that way right now.

I wish Chester was still here with us and i still miss him to this day.
    An old post, but One More Light indeed is quite dark once you look into it all "No One Can Save" is really dark, sure it ends with the fact the protagonist can only save himself and that no other people can help him, but still, it is a pretty dark way to being the record.

Also, man, you ever gonna release your mix of the record? I am really curious.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, since I'm here, Hybrid Theory's getting a 20th Anniversary re-release! Will include new demos and such, the website they prepared for this is really fun to explore.

https://www.linkinpark.com/

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Funny to see this bumped because I just listened to Hunting Party yesterday.

Hunting Party was both good and disappointing at the same time. There are a ton of cool riffs and parts and none of the songs are bad. That said, every time they really got going you could practically hear the studio conversation about how the song needed a super catchy chorus.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Funny to see this bumped because I just listened to Hunting Party yesterday.

Hunting Party was both good and disappointing at the same time. There are a ton of cool riffs and parts and none of the songs are bad. That said, every time they really got going you could practically hear the studio conversation about how the song needed a super catchy chorus.
    I really lke that album, I do get this argument to an extend but I do appreacite the catchines/melody of the record, it is a fun Alt.Metal album and I respect Linkin Park for making it.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    https://linkinpark.warnerrecords.com...box-set-button

4 vinyl records
    3 individual records individually packaged
    High quality looking slip case.

$60

I wonder how they were able to do it?

*laughs in deviations*

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    https://linkinpark.warnerrecords.com...box-set-button

4 vinyl records
    3 individual records individually packaged
    High quality looking slip case.

$60

I wonder how they were able to do it?

*laughs in deviations*
    $60!?!?!?!? Well fuck I might as well, just to have Reanimation. I already have the initial first press of Hybrid, but fuck man why the fuck not. These must be paper thin, but who cares.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    $60!?!?!?!? Well fuck I might as well, just to have Reanimation. I already have the initial first press of Hybrid, but fuck man why the fuck not. These must be paper thin, but who cares.
    They're 140g, what kind of MAGIC could they be using there? They have to be losing money am I right?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    They're 140g, what kind of MAGIC could they be using there? They have to be losing money am I right?
    They HAVE to. There's no way. I paid $90 for that Underoath vinyl box set, for 3xLPs in a box. That seems a bit more accurate. Fuckin $60? They pressing these discs personally at Mike's house?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    They HAVE to. There's no way. I paid $90 for that Underoath vinyl box set, for 3xLPs in a box. That seems a bit more accurate. Fuckin $60? They pressing these discs personally at Mike's house?
    Key motivator here. You wanna be cool and not take advantage of your fans and set your release at a fair price.

OR