Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    i like opening tracks of all three audioslave albums more
    throw potatoes at me
    No problem, i like them too, so sad the third album is so mediocre

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    No problem, i like them too, so sad the third album is so mediocre
    I think the third is way better than Out of Exile. It bored me a LOT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Revelations had some great songs like Wide Awake, Jewel of The Summertime, Original Fire, Broken City and Moth.
    BUT the songs One and the Same, Sound of a Gun, Shape of Things to Come all sound the exact same.
    Until We Fall,Nothing Left to Say But Goodbye, Somedays are complete forgettable.

I'm not sure about Been Away Too Long but I don't like Pretty Noose or Let Me drown.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I really like the two newest Soundgarden tracks I know of. I think I prefer the song for the Avengers soundtrack though.

That said, if this album has any dubstep on it anywhere, I'm done with music forever.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I think the third is way better than Out of Exile. It bored me a LOT.
    I think they took more chances with "Out of exile", it's not an awesome album but they surely went other places sonically
    "Revelations" sounds a bit like a generic version of their first album to me, it bores me more and i hardly play it for that reason, but there's a couple awesome tracks in that one
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 09-28-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Self-titled is Audioslave's best, no doubt about it. I do love Nothing Left to Say But Goodbye though, since someone rubbished it above. Having said that, I hate Jewel of the Summertime. Each to their own I guess!

I've got complete faith that this Soundgarden album is going to be awesome though. I've listened to the King Animal trailer more times than I care to mention.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    On first listen new song is kind of meh. Certainly doesn't have that wow factor of Spoonman or Black Hole Sun, but I guess 20 years later there's no reason why it should. I will check out this album with low expectations, and perhaps find a couple of good tracks.

Audioslave were horribly bland corporate radio rock. Even the good songs (Cochise and Dandelion come to mind) weren't that good.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    They are playing a clip of "Crooked Steps" during Monday Night Football tonight...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Audioslave were horribly bland corporate radio rock. Even the good songs (Cochise and Dandelion come to mind) weren't that good.
    I wouldn't call them 'the good songs'.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    i meant those other songs were way more recognizable, with their own character. maybe you just were never in the right mood for them?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Cool shit, cant wait for November 9!

Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    i meant those other songs were way more recognizable, with their own character. maybe you just were never in the right mood for them?
    Well I've listened to a lot of Audioslave, so chances are I would have listened to them in a variety of moods. I don't hate those songs, they just don't rank when it comes my favourite Audioslave songs. Songs like Getaway Car and The Last Remaining Light, which aren't corporate radio rock, are excellent.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/live/so...155804275.html

Fuck, that sounds awesome. Pretty complex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    for some reason it reminds me of "Live to Rise".

Really not impressed by any of the new songs so far

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    No way, Non-State Actor is nothing like Live to Rise. So much better.

Here's a fresh one:

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I hated Audioslave, which makes me feel so dirty for admitting that I think "Cochise" was dope.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    I hated Audioslave, which makes me feel so dirty for admitting that I think "Cochise" was dope.
    Why? "Cochise" sounded a little bit different than the rest of what they put out...

As for the new song... It's okay. If those two tracks are indications of what the rest of the album will sound like, I vote "meh." Something just seems empty... I don't know if it's the mix, the instrumentation, or Chris' vocals.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 11-01-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I think the vocal mix is the only issue. Everything else sounds awesome, Cornell still has the pipes, so I assume it's a radio thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Halfway There sounds like a Carry On demo, which by the sounds of it the rest of band had nothing to do with it.

officially expecting this album to suck.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah it does sound like Carry On. I don't see that as a necessarily bad thing though, it sounds alright in the preview.

I'm expecting it to be good, not Superunknown or Down on the Upside great, but good.

Last edited by Madmya; 11-03-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    http://www.amazon.fr/gp/recsradio/ra...=001&track=002

A poster on at ease Web found these 30 second previews.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    No matter how much I like Cameron's footprint in Pearl Jam, in the end his home is with Soundgarden. That said, I'm pretty damn excited about King Animal and if the so far heard song are any indication, the album is taking off where Down On The Upside finished. More than fine with me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    http://www.amazon.fr/gp/recsradio/ra...=001&track=002

A poster on at ease Web found these 30 second previews.
    Oh wow, that is excellent. Thanks heaps for posting that! Sounds fucking good!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Apparently this is starting to leak now but I'm deliberately avoiding until I get the CD in my hands on Friday. But those 30 second clips have me pretty damn excited. Love the sound of A Thousands Days Before, Bones of Birds, Taree and Rowing. Even the demos of Worse Dreams and By Crooked Steps sound amazing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perch View Post
    No matter how much I like Cameron's footprint in Pearl Jam, in the end his home is with Soundgarden. That said, I'm pretty damn excited about King Animal and if the so far heard song are any indication, the album is taking off where Down On The Upside finished. More than fine with me.
    I would like that too, but judging from the released tracks it seems the album will sound more like "Louder than Love" and "Ultramega OK" ...and Audioslave's first titled album

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Are you basing that off Been Away Too Long and Non-State Actor henryeatscereal? If so I can probably understand that, I love Louder than Love and Ultramega OK anyway so I wouldn't have a problem with that. But By Crooked Steps reminds me of Rhinosaur and Thousand Years Before is definitely more reminiscent of Down on the Upside, as is both Bones of Birds and Taree.

In fact other than Been Away Too Long I don't think any of it is like Louder Than Love and Ultramega OK.

I fucking caved and listened to By Crooked Steps and A Thousand Years Before from the link above, fucking amazing songs. Fully pumped. This might actually rival Koi No Yokan (wasn't expecting it to at all).