Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Ted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ted

This looks funny as shit!
    Last edited by nvr_mind; 04-02-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Seth MacFarlane seems like a really cool, funny dude. But I've never seen anything he's touched that wasn't absolute garbage. This looks no different.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Talking teddy bear who swears and shit. I saw that last night, it's hilarious.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I'm with Harry. I think I chuckled once during the trailer. Maybe. I'm actually not even sure about that.

Someone over at Slashfilm put it better than I could: the punchline to every joke seems to be, hey, look, the teddy bear is swearing! Hey, look, the teddy bear is smoking pot! Isn't that crazy?

Ugh. And the voice sounds too similar to Brian. I know that's just his voice, I get that, but when your voice is that recognizable and attached to another character, maybe you should get someone else to play the character if you can't change it enough.

Also, this is pretty much Brian, isn't it? "Yeah, I mean, people love the talking dog...so maybe we make a talking teddy bear! And then we'll make one about a talking cat! And then a talking giraffe! Oh, the possibilities are endless!" No thanks.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    And here I thought this thread was about TEDTalks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, I couldn't make it through the trailer. An hour and a half of a CGI bear with Peter Griffen's voice... no thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trailers are rarely reliable as to a film's quality.

Drive, anyone?

That said, the latter half of this made me laugh a bit: both the checker and the white trash names game.

Ugh. And the voice sounds too similar to Brian. I know that's just his voice, I get that, but when your voice is that recognizable and attached to another character, maybe you should get someone else to play the character if you can't change it enough.

Also, this is pretty much Brian, isn't it? "Yeah, I mean, people love the talking dog...so maybe we make a talking teddy bear! And then we'll make one about a talking cat! And then a talking giraffe! Oh, the possibilities are endless!" No thanks.
    The voice resembles Peter more than Brian.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    And here I thought this thread was about TEDTalks.
    I thought it was going to be a sequel, in a future where Bill is dead.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    I thought it was going to be a sequel, in a future where Bill is dead.
    I too had my hopes clicking this thread it had some relation to Bill and Ted.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpeters View Post
    Trailers are rarely reliable as to a film's quality.
    Fortunately we can take a look at writer/director/producer/voice actor Seth MacFarlane's other work in addition to this trailer to come up with a much more reliable thumbs-down.