Quote Originally Posted by 50 Volt Phantom
I trust the judgement of the police in the case, and also agree with the "fucked up stand-your-ground" law.
So Zimmerman had a right to stand his ground from Martin? OK, I want you to think slowly and carefully about this. Do you also then acknowledge Martin had a right to stand his ground from Zimmerman? Or is Martin already guilty because of his other crimes which you have so graciously enlightened us on? Do you see how the ambiguity in the law can make for a more dangerous society when anyone can claim self defense for anything, especially in a society where we are encouraged to walk around carrying concealed handguns?
I don't see anything that would suggest racial motivation in the killing of Trayvon.
What about calling him a coon?
Are you sure hoodies had nothing to do with it? I thought that that was in fact what caught Zimmerman's eye first?
Are you capable of acknowledging that both clothing AND RACE appear to play a part in this? That it was not simply one or the other?
Martin for instance, has a history of suspensions, drug use, theft, etc. so he's no angel.
Attacking a dead kid to avoid admitting to political critiques is a straight up piece of shit move.
it is you that have chosen to use race as a means of defining standing, therefore you have created racial division.
This is the same defensive tactic as attacking Obama/Occupy for “creating” class resentment. The fault doesn’t lie with the person pointing out the problem. In fact, the whole strategy of the modern GOP is to create resentment, and your bullshit typifies what makes it sadly successful on the internet. It is the perfect medium to spread lies and disinformation because there are no consequences to it. You don’t have to answer to the person you’re slandering. If you’re pointed out as being wrong, you can simply choose to ignore it and wait it out until the subject changes, or move on to some other hole on the web.