Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: iamamiwhoami

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Thin

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Chasing Kites

I think this is the best off the album so far.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    The last chapter in Blue. What an incredible way to end. The song is good too.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So, did anyone get the Blue Island package? I still can't really get into Blue, so I hesitated to pay out for more... interesting though that the Blue album is extended there. I appreciate that they're trying something a bit different, but again it's not quite working out for me. I read a review somewhere that Blue wasn't really much of a development on Kin, but that seems nuts to me. I could listen to Kin on a loop forever. Talking of the old albums though, I see that they're making the first two available again with the CD/DVD package. I got Kin a while back, but Bounty hasn't been available (in that format) for ages. I can't wait to see the full film on the big telly. I'm actually hoping we might see a release of In Concert on DVD, or even digitally. I know it's on YouTube, but the whole thing is just too good... it deserves something more, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    So, did anyone get the Blue Island package? I still can't really get into Blue, so I hesitated to pay out for more... interesting though that the Blue album is extended there. I appreciate that they're trying something a bit different, but again it's not quite working out for me. I read a review somewhere that Blue wasn't really much of a development on Kin, but that seems nuts to me. I could listen to Kin on a loop forever. Talking of the old albums though, I see that they're making the first two available again with the CD/DVD package. I got Kin a while back, but Bounty hasn't been available (in that format) for ages. I can't wait to see the full film on the big telly. I'm actually hoping we might see a release of In Concert on DVD, or even digitally. I know it's on YouTube, but the whole thing is just too good... it deserves something more, in my opinion.
    I have not got the Blue Island package. Quite honestly, I'm a bit confused on the different options. I have Kin on vinyl and would like to get Bounty and Blue on vinyl as well but that would cost a small fortune to get it to the States.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Indeed. I guess that's the problem with being independent - no major international distribution on CDs or vinyl. I suffer enough with postage to the UK - I dread to think what it involves travelling further. It is a shame, especially as they do make effort with their packaging. Maybe just take a holiday to Sweden and stock up direct!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Claes Björklund from iamamiwhoami released his own debut single as Barbelle...

Stream: http://twimc.cc/spotify/ohwhyyeah
    Purchase MP3/WAV: http://twimc.cc/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I like it! More so than anything iamamiwhoami has put out since BOUNTY.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Anybody else looking forward to the new ionna lee track?
    What with Blue and then Barbelle I've found myself losing interest over recent years - not that they weren't good, but something was missing for me... then this teaser appears which is full of old-school iamamiwhoami magic and mystery:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The new video is now up, and it's not disappointing:

https://player.vimeo.com/video/207416427

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked the new video, it says chapter 2. I wonder how many there will be. Really like the imagery with her solo work. Interested in seeing/hearing more.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Coming soon then:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New album "Everyone Afraid To Be Forgotten" drops Feb 16.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 01-11-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Can't stop listening to the ionnalee stuff.

As I'm sure some of you noticed, "Gone" finally makes a proper song out of . So cool, and very gratifying to hear after 7+ years!

Really excited for the full album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Can't stop listening to the ionnalee stuff.

As I'm sure some of you noticed, "Gone" finally makes a proper song out of . So cool, and very gratifying to hear after 7+ years!

Really excited for the full album.

I was so excited to hear those same sounds from that prelude ! It's so neat to hear it fully fleshed out after all these years. I'm going to order the vinyl but it doesn't come with a dvd of the "FILM". shipping is so much to the States.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I LOVE this version! I was happy to see iamamiwhoami remixing her solo song. I'm wondering if we are going to get any more of the "preludes" on the album?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The album version is on spotify too!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ionna lee's new album Everybody afraid to be forgotten has been released! I haven't got time to watch the film yet, but have listened to the album and it's quite good. Note the film is shorter and doesn't feature all of the album tracks.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yes! Super, super excited to finally indulge in the album AND the film. I've loved all the singles.

Jonna/iamami/WAVE don't get enough credit – Beyonce obviously popularized the 'visual album' format, but these guys were the first to do so with the attention to detail and production value that we expect today. Furthermore, I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like IN CONCERT to this day. So ambitious and impressive.

Speaking of IN CONCERT, I thought I still had the MP3 version, but apparently not... My PMs are open!

Oh, and the Kickstarter got funded! You better believe I'm going to that NYC show. I still regret not seeing iamami in Brooklyn years ago.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I enjoyed the film much more than I thought I would. I loved the callbacks to BOUNTY / IN CONCERT and the beautiful visuals makes me appreciate the music that much more.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New album 'Remember The Future' in May, preorders up with first single/video on Friday. Tour dates too. WITH A VANCOUVER DATE FUCK ME YES.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So glad to have caught the Ionnalee show last night...man was it fuckin' great. Merch table didn't have any vinyl at all, just dvd's, cd's, zines and shirts which was too bad. Always on the hunt for her vinyl but even getting from her store is like $60cad plus shipping.

Last edited by october_midnight; 05-05-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Extremely relevant to my interests.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    To celebrate the 10th anniversary of iamamiwhoami there is a new 3 LP reissue available.

Best believe I preordered that shit.