Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: iamamiwhoami

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

iamamiwhoami

So this project started up again, after two seemingly 'one-off' tracks last year.

I loved the BOUNTY series, and '; John' but these new tracks seem a little - uh, slight.

The discussion here prior to ETS going down was more insightful and subjective than the fanatical lauding in the YouTube comments. It'd be interesting to hear everyone's thoughts.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I personally somewhat forgot about this after the live stream that occurred some time ago. I still enjoy the tracks they did release last year and in 2010.

What's to know about new material or goings-on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I personally somewhat forgot about this after the live stream that occurred some time ago. I still enjoy the tracks they did release last year and in 2010.

What's to know about new material or goings-on?
    According to their Wikipedia page, these latest singles are leading up to an actual album this summer. I don't know if the album is going to be all the singles compiled or all new stuff.

I do agree that the project started out very interesting, then got a bit weird and pretentious. I'm not sure what they're going for now.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    It's Christina Aguilera! No, Bjork!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Apparently Iamamiwhoami is managed by the same company who manages Fever Ray. I think I'd cut off a few digits for a collaboration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So there was never any intention of revealing the identity of the person behind this I guess? I think the Internet figured it out anyway a while back (not someone recognizable, at least in my part of the world) but it just seems like the question has stretched on too long for it to have any relevance. Maybe the eternal mystique is part of the music's appeal?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    looks like they finally put out an album. Kin. Do I even care to check it out anymore?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    looks like they finally put out an album. Kin. Do I even care to check it out anymore?
    Not till September, also:

No. Title Length
    1. "sever" 3:58
    2. "drops" 4:43
    3. "good worker" 4:57
    4. "play" 5:14
    5. "in due order" 3:23
    6. "idle talk" 4:52
    7. "rascal" 4:46
    8. "kill" 6:26
    9. "goods"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Isn't a full length release coming out for this? The hype for this act fell off rather quickly didn't it

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Isn't a full length release coming out for this? The hype for this act fell off rather quickly didn't it
    It's already out. If you buy it at the site I posted, you get the whole album as 320kbps mp3 files for free along with your purchase.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    It's already out. If you buy it at the site I posted, you get the whole album as 320kbps mp3 files for free along with your purchase.
    is it any good? is it all new songs?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    is it any good? is it all new songs?
    It's all the latest songs that were released as videos. I haven't listened to it yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love the song "sever".

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Just had to bump this thread up. Love, love, love Iamamiwhoami. Hopefully she'll come out with new stuff next year or tour more in the States.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Iamamiwhoami's second single, Hunting for Pearls. Jonna can't do no wrong.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Loving the new stuff (actually maybe a bit more than the previous material). Actually love 'Fountain' waaaaay more, but this track slays as well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm quite the opposite. I much prefer the earlier material to this. Perhaps it'll grow on me...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    I'm quite the opposite. I much prefer the earlier material to this. Perhaps it'll grow on me...
    Same, however this new single is good as well.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I think it's crazy how some fans take the narratives in the videos waaaaay too seriously. I try to avoid them because I will most likely get sucked into the narratives. However, the plots in the videos are interesting yet I don't quite fully understand them.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Thanks for reminding me of this! I think this is the most different sounding iamamiwhoami song for me. Need to listen to it more to make a full opinion.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    New single up called Tap Your Glass. The album will be called Blue.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Hmmm, not bad. I didn't like a majority of the last outing. I really enjoyed the Bounty material but the other album not really.

I don't wanna seem like an ass but Jonna Lee isn't really an attractive woman.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

An understatement for sure, good songs though.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I'll agree with you to an extent but she looked awesome in the O and Y videos.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So the next new track is up - Blue Blue. Seems you can buy all the new tracks individually through their web shop: http://shop.towhomitmayconcern.cc/collections/releases
    To be honest I'm struggling to get on with the new record. I loved the first one, and though the second was even better, but there's a bit of magic missing now. The videos look like adverts, but I'm not sure for what. I'm hoping it will come together by the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am a pretty big fan of the first two albums/in concert. Having really been into these newer tracks yet, but I didn't like KIN songs until I had the album and listened a few times through. I'm not sure if I want to pay for the vinyl to the states, but I have the others already

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    So the next new track is up - Blue Blue. Seems you can buy all the new tracks individually through their web shop: http://shop.towhomitmayconcern.cc/collections/releases
    To be honest I'm struggling to get on with the new record. I loved the first one, and though the second was even better, but there's a bit of magic missing now. The videos look like adverts, but I'm not sure for what. I'm hoping it will come together by the end.
    I totally agree. I have been with Jonna's project since the beginning (like, those numbered trailers). I just can't really fall in love with these new singles. I have Kin on vinyl but not BOUNTY and it's gonna be hella expensive to have in the States.